Pre-season 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Josh Rachelle looks good. Hope we didn’t make a boo-boo taking Andrew instead. Time will tell.

Yeah. However Rachele will play for the SUNS one day. Give it time

Ruthless , connected, Selfless
Ruthless is definitely the odd one out.

Connected and Selfless are more positive values—possibly with a Club, team-mates, family, or community first approach etc.

But on match day, we need to be far more Ruthless.

It’s an interesting philosophy, but words are words—we need action! Still the players picked them and the leaders were voted for based on these values this year.

Ruthless is definitely the odd one out.

Connected and Selfless are more positive values—possibly with a Club, team-mates, family, or community first approach etc.

But on match day, we need to be far more Ruthless.

It’s an interesting philosophy, but words are words—we need action! Still the players picked them and the leaders were voted for based on these values this year.
If these are the values they plan on investing in. It needs to be a mindset thing. Go out on game plan with the mindset. Not just individually but as a team to be ruthless against the opposition, sellfless with one another and stay connected from start to end.

Surely the game is put off?

The ground is going to be a chopped up mess after the Lions game. Next to nothing to gain you would have.
I am pretty sure Lions game will be called off as rain band is just about entering Nerang. I would say it will be raining min next 2-3 hours. I guess Suns game could still go ahead if rain stops before the game.

Last edited:
Wow, Lions game is on. I live between Brisbane and Ipswich - rain is actually not as bad. Getting more optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I think the Crows will be very good this year, but Port Adelaide are running away with it against the Crows right now and are ahead by more than five goals in the fourth quarter. For us to beat Port convincingly and then they comfortably beat the Crows a week later with a near identical side probably means we're a fair bit better than the Crows at the moment and that's a team we've historically struggled against. Hopefully Luko keeps this in mind throughout 2022.

Not that I think the Crows will be very good this year, but Port Adelaide are running away with it against the Crows right now and are ahead by more than five goals in the fourth quarter. For us to beat Port convincingly and then they comfortably beat the Crows a week later with a near identical side probably means we're a fair bit better than the Crows at the moment and that's a team we've historically struggled against. Hopefully Luko keeps this in mind throughout 2022.
Meh, pre-season is barely a indicator of true form.
Unless you think Carlton are going to be better then Melbourne this year.

Yeah, really hard to use pre-season results as any indicator of H&A results. Not to mention that the game last week wasn't even an official pre-season game - just a practice match in the lead up to the pre-season game.

Still matters for us as a club to get as many wins as we can, but not sure about using it as a metric for how we'll go season proper.

Yeah, really hard to use pre-season results as any indicator of H&A results. Not to mention that the game last week wasn't even an official pre-season game - just a practice match in the lead up to the pre-season game.

Still matters for us as a club to get as many wins as we can, but not sure about using it as a metric for how we'll go season proper.
We are the Kings of the pre season ;)

Meh, pre-season is barely a indicator of true form.
Unless you think Carlton are going to be better then Melbourne this year.

Usually I'd agree but I think our list is at a tipping point right now and it looks very different in certain parts of the ground when compared to last year with King out, Chol in, Luko moved etc. I'm taking more notice of this preseason than others in the past for that reason. I also feel momentum is really good crucial for us right now as the players have a very little amount of time to gel in their new positions.

Usually I'd agree but I think our list is at a tipping point right now and it looks very different in certain parts of the ground when compared to last year with King out, Chol in, Luko moved etc. I'm taking more notice of this preseason than others in the past for that reason. I also feel momentum is really good crucial for us right now as the players have a very little amount of time to gel in their new positions.
We beat Geelong by 11 goals in 2020 pre season. One team made a prelim, one finished 14th.
Pre season stands for nothing imo, just no injuries and shake the rust off. That's all you need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back