Recommitted Bailey Smith [signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

His game yesterday was just ok imo.

Had MANY clangers that directly resulted in goals scored for the opposition team. Output was immense but efficiency was way below what is acceptable.

His best position is still as an inside midfielder, it's a huge waste of his contested ball winning ability playing him on a wing. Understand why it's being done though given a stacked midfield. I personally rate Smith as a superior version of Walsh, with similar running capacity, outside accumulation and scoreboard impact. Difference is Smith is a much better clearance player than Walsh (when he actually plays there).

Had MANY clangers that directly resulted in goals scored for the opposition team. Output was immense but efficiency was way below what is acceptable.

His best position is still as an inside midfielder, it's a huge waste of his contested ball winning ability playing him on a wing. Understand why it's being done though given a stacked midfield. I personally rate Smith as a superior version of Walsh, with similar running capacity, outside accumulation and scoreboard impact. Difference is Smith is a much better clearance player than Walsh (when he actually plays there).
He's not playing much wing this year. He's taken Libbas inside mid minutes, and against North took Bonts

I compare Smith and Walsh to Bont and Macrae respectively. Two absolute guns. One less reliable but can win a game off his own boot when he's on, the other consistently one of the best on ground.

Well considering he's a superior version of the bloke who almost won a brownlow in his 3rd year... I see no reason why ye wouldn't be deserving of the largest contract in the AFL.

1.5 a year for a decade

Well considering he's a superior version of the bloke who almost won a brownlow in his 3rd year... I see no reason why ye wouldn't be deserving of the largest contract in the AFL.

1.5 a year for a decade
That's a massive contract, can't see the Dogs affording that with the rest of their list. If only there was a victorian team with room in the cap and a handful of good young players that have a connection to Baz...

That's a massive contract, can't see the Dogs affording that with the rest of their list. If only there was a victorian team with room in the cap and a handful of good young players that have a connection to Baz...

(St Kilda has entered the chat)

Rate this bloke ahead of Walsh.

Green > Smith > Walsh for me in terms of potential (not output).

Has the potential to be the #1 midfielder in the comp. Kicking is a slight weakness, but nothing he can't fix.

Rate this bloke ahead of Walsh.

Green > Smith > Walsh for me in terms of potential (not output).

Has the potential to be the #1 midfielder in the comp. Kicking is a slight weakness, but nothing he can't fix.
This reeks of leftover salt from last year's penetration job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-183855_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-183855_AFL.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 88

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's okay for Bailey Smith to be good. It doesn't take away your Sam Walsh.
Issue is he's up there with Dylan Shiel as the biggest butcher in the league. His kicking action looks a bit prettier but his decision making and accuracy is horrific. Almost exclusively bombs long down the line when under any form of heat.

He also almost doesn't care to chase at all, just seems a downhill skier of the highest order

Issue is he's up there with Dylan Shiel as the biggest butcher in the league. His kicking action looks a bit prettier but his decision making and accuracy is horrific. Almost exclusively bombs long down the line when under any form of heat.

He also almost doesn't care to chase at all, just seems a downhill skier of the highest order
I agree on the kicking but the doesn’t chase bit and being a downhill skier is absolute bollox.

This reeks of leftover salt from last year's penetration job.
Yeah because whoever critises Walsh must be biased/salty :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Wasn't even calling him out, the other 2 are just players with higher potential.

But now that we are on this topic, I'm sure you've realised too, Walsh is an absolute liability at centre bounces, ranked 83rd in the comp. Tim Taranto plays half his game up forward and still does better than Walsh in this area lol. Justin Mcinerney who plays 80% on the outside is even more prolific at centre bounces.

I've seen plenty of rant about Walsh's inability in the centre from your own Carlton supporters.

And for players in other positions, that's fine. But as a MIDFIELDER, whose main responsibility IS to win the ball in the middle, how can you even be in contention for a top player when you're ranked 87th for overall clearances and 83rd for centre clearances?

Yeah because whoever critises Walsh must be biased/salty :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Wasn't even calling him out, the other 2 are just players with higher potential.

But now that we are on this topic, I'm sure you've realised too, Walsh is an absolute liability at centre bounces, ranked 83rd in the comp. Tim Taranto plays half his game up forward and still does better than Walsh in this area lol. Justin Mcinerney who plays 80% on the outside is even more prolific at centre bounces.

I've seen plenty of rant about Walsh's inability in the centre from your own Carlton supporters.

And for players in other positions, that's fine. But as a MIDFIELDER, whose main responsibility IS to win the ball in the middle, how can you even be in contention for a top player when you're ranked 87th for overall clearances and 83rd for centre clearances?
Have you actually watched a single Carlton game this year? Its like you have no understanding whatsoever of how Walsh plays or his role in the team :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back