Review Freo Smalls 2 Fast, 2 Furious - Freo Win by 35 Against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Blake Acres reading this thread tomorrow morning.

hL82wG1.png

The biggest thing about that for me was consistency. Went hard at it for the whole game.
When we string together 4 quarters, we are capable of beating any other side.
Brodie is a bull. Brayshaw rarely plays an average game.
Lobb fnding form. Son Son showing glimpses of his best.
Acres (whom I have always rated) is a workhouse, may not be the most skilled, but always seems to give it a red hot go and looks like he is ready to crack a few skulls.
We seem to be developing a side where no one really stands out as the "best", but just about every player gives 100% and the skills seem to be improving!
Dont want to get ahead of ourselves just yet, but the future is looking bright.

How good is Blake Acres going? He’s pulling out some next level s**t. He’ll feature in the B&F at end of year if he maintains this form. Very happy for him.

Whose this Brennan Cox guy and what is he about?

The real question after that game is how do we afford Jackson when our first pick is going to be pick 18 🤔.

I guess with Lobb playing so well it means maybe Melbourne can give us a pick with Jackson for Lobb

No doubt you will tempt him but hes gonna cost a fair bit. I would rather have him but gee it will load us up with value either way.

No doubt you will tempt him but hes gonna cost a fair bit. I would rather have him but gee it will load us up with value either way.
Yeah, I wonder of the 'value' in these mega-cost trades. We got burnt with Hogan. Jackson seems a safer bet but the cost will be higher also. I certainly think we should sniff out a trade, but I'd be nervous about the cost. Specially if things start to click beteween our existing forwards and ruck combos. For me, its a 'depends' thing.

It was interesting Luke Darcy said post match he spoke to some GWS players this week.

And because they played freo and Melbourne in B2B.

Some GWS players told him freo were so impressive and that they felt there wasn't much between us and Melbourne. Apprantley when it comes to covering the ground and space Freo were just as good as Melbourne and the speed that Freo now possess caught them off guard and is a weapon.

Whose this Brennan Cox guy and what is he about?

Got an amazing amount of Talent but had started out quite lazy in his career and was also swung from forward to defense. Was injured and missed a good chunk of games last year and a bit but he reads the ball so well and his marking and spoiling ability is top notch.

Hayden Ballantyne did a podcast with Neroli Meadows last year or the year before and Ballas said that Cox would be Elite if he actually trained hard and applied himself so it's clearly his biggest issue but it seems whatever he's done, it's now clicked and he will be very good and not near his prime yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What quarter was it in? I know it was opposite side(to camera) defensive wing. Was it 4th or 2nd quarter?

Funny that they use this picture cause I just took a screenshot of it. Tabs was Mauled and unfairly and should have had multiple free kicks paid against Weitering. Tabs deserved that goal in the last, he'd worked hard all night.
View attachment 1382197
Spot on
There were at least 3 frees Taberner deserved

My positives so far this year (amongst many)...

Not having to solely rely on your Fyfes and Mundys to pull us out for a W. The kids are travelling beautifully with more infantry to come, especially in the midfield.

Backing up our wins. Years past after a win in the Derby, we've typically fallen to teams like the Bombers at Marvel and the Blues at home. Whilst some pundits say we've only beaten teams xyz on the ladder, you still have to beat the teams put in front of you and we've done that. Our young developing list holds us in good stead for this and the coming years.

Finally getting a good run with a much healthier list. Can see the impact of having the availabilty of most of our team, especially our backline. Great competition for spots.

Whilst our forward line is still a work in progress, it's definitely improving, and we've notched another game where we've kicked more goals than points. Spread of goal kickers has been fantastic with the team first mentality of sharing around the load.

Great win boys!!!

I am worried about Kane Cornes comments when he was praising our forward pressure about the current rules.and the guarding of zones etc saying port , dockers hawks and suns took advantage of that rule against carlton and he hate cartom losing because of those zoning rules .We did our rebuild and sorted a gameplan based on the relevant rules and if afl change again back.to old ,based on frequent criticisms from these commentators I will be very sad.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't like the comparisons to Melbourne in the media, getting well ahead of ourselves, still no certainly to even play finals let's alone go deep.
Nah nah. Imo the type of footy we’re playing we’re the best shot of beating the Dees.

Our setup defensively is pretty incredible. Just need to insert Sturt or another mobile 3rd tall ( mid season ?) to add a bit of cream and makes us a touch more dangerous in the air. Freddy the fan fav would be my pick to make way..the invisible man in tight games.

Got an amazing amount of Talent but had started out quite lazy in his career and was also swung from forward to defense. Was injured and missed a good chunk of games last year and a bit but he reads the ball so well and his marking and spoiling ability is top notch.

Hayden Ballantyne did a podcast with Neroli Meadows last year or the year before and Ballas said that Cox would be Elite if he actually trained hard and applied himself so it's clearly his biggest issue but it seems whatever he's done, it's now clicked and he will be very good and not near his prime yet.
yer these kind of players victorian viewers dont see coming and they sneak onto the radar

I’ll take reading and listening to comparisons to Melbourne all day long.
Are we forgetting the vitriol and memes and laughing stock we were and in so many eyes still are?

The path forwards from here is going to be rocky. It’s going to test your resolve. You’ll question your faith.

An unexpected loss or poor performance or run of injuries or Covid will open old wounds BUT to reach the summit you got to take some steps.

We’ve only just gotten off the couch, but we have gotten off the couch.

Embrace the hype.

I’ll take reading and listening to comparisons to Melbourne all day long.
Are we forgetting the vitriol and memes and laughing stock we were and in so many eyes still are?

The path forwards from here is going to be rocky. It’s going to test your resolve. You’ll question your faith.

An unexpected loss or poor performance or run of injuries or Covid will open old wounds BUT to reach the summit you got to take some steps.

We’ve only just gotten off the couch, but we have gotten off the couch.

Embrace the hype.
You’re up and about this morning 👍🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back