Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely starting to worry on Charlie.

Not his talent at all, simply his ability to stay fit. We need him to take the next step hugely and not his fault of course.

We can downplay knee swelling sure, but it's a huge concern imo knowing his history.

The ‘nothing to see here’ knee swelling?
Genuinely starting to worry on Charlie.

Not his talent, simply his ability to stay fit.

We can downplay knee swelling sure, but it's a huge concern imo.
We can downplay, but more like is we don't need to downplay it as it wasn't a major issue. If he plays in the vfl this week then that's the evidence we need.

I was at the game, he got bashed up and dragged down at every contest, and it was pretty bloody cold. I'm not surprised he hasn't pulled up cherry ripe.

We can downplay, but more like is we don't need to downplay it as it wasn't a major issue. If he plays in the vfl this week then that's the evidence we need.

I was at the game, he got bashed up and dragged down at every contest, and it was pretty bloody cold. I'm not surprised he hasn't pulled up cherry ripe.

If he wasn't so injured previously of course it could be easily written off - I guess "any" issue raises alarm bells considering how much we need him.

Hopefully you are right, he certainly works hard, and he is cherry ripe. He needs some luck on his side as he deserves it.

If he wasn't so injured previously of course it could be easily written off - I guess "any" issue raises alarm bells considering how much we need him.

Hopefully you are right, he certainly works hard, and he is cherry ripe. He needs some luck on his side as he deserves it.
That number 4 from Frankston absolutely bashed him all night, fell into him after every marking contest, dumped him on every tackle. Thought he probably should have been penalised for it at times, and Chom could have had a shot or two as a result. Was a pretty hard night for chom.

Great name too Lloyd, one of the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go further... would be shocked if we don't add 3 KPD and 2 KPF in next 2 years.

We are that thin.

Well we have two KPP players as locks for the future. (Larkey, McKay)

One speculative/developing KPP but very promising (Comben)

CCJ a bit of a wildcard for me (is he a better ruck of a fwd?) but certainly young enough.

So yeah, still very thin so at least 2 at each end at a minimum I suspect.

Re
Wise move not bringing him in this week without Larkey playing.

Would of been these

These sound like the same BS excuses that used to get floated when Larkey was left in the VFL under Scott.

Look at Amiss last night.

Freo has a younger and less experienced team last night by a bit.

Josh Walker at Full Forward is up there with some of the worst selections in the last 20 years and that's saying something.

Last edited:
Re

These sound like the same BS excuses that used to get floated when Larkey was left in the VFL under Scott.

Freo has a younger and less ecierisnced team last night by a bit.

Josh Walker at Full Forward is up there with some of the worst selections in the last 20 years and that's saying something.

So, that’s it, we need more ecierisnce. Let’s call Nobes. 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Re

Freo has a younger and less ecierisnced team last night by a bit.

Game plan my friend

Put amiss in our team and he probably doesn’t touch it

Now is the time for Comben to come into the side but if CCJ did ok who gets dropped to make way. Walker would be the obvious choice however but he will got Back to cover Ben. We do need a like for like to get Comben in but who ? Phillips and Powell will also be inline for a game also..

Now is the time for Comben to come into the side but if CCJ did ok who gets dropped to make way. Walker would be the obvious choice however but he will got Back to cover Ben. We do need a like for like to get Comben in but who ? Phillips and Powell will also be inline for a game also..

In your scenario here Comben would replace McKay.

Game plan my friend

Put amiss in our team and he probably doesn’t touch it

So we are now not playing our young talent because our gameplan is rubbish?

Walker got a couple of shots away. He can't kick 40 metres.

It doesn't matter if he came in and struggled, it's experience.

He could not have been any worse.

The fact is we are not an AFL football team at present.

Any talk of Comben not being ready, or such, is a moot point when considering Noble plays older plays etc that gets us pumped by 80 points most weeks.

This needs to end, the future needs to play as it can’t be any worse.

Same goes with Powell.

Comben in for goldy

CCJ the main ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back