Autopsy Vs GC Franchise - Goldys 300th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some facts, before a ball was even bounced.

We are a bottom 3 team.
Sans Simpkin, we lack adequate midfield cover. Phillips, Powell are still 30+ games off giving us that cover if one of LDU or Simpkin are missing.
We have many bad habits from a bunch of players who have had 4 coaches in as many years.
We have never played well against this team, even in our Prelim years.
We have never played well against this team, especially at their home ground.

It's gonna take time, hard work and luck.

Keep in mind too, how many of those over 29 will not be on our list at the end of next year. Ziebell, Cunners, Goldy, Hall, Shiels. We're coming from a long, long, long way back, and then likely going to stall again.

I think we improve 2024/2025, but it's gonna be a slow curve, bar five or six just exploding into gun footballers at once.

Fair enough the performance wasn't good enough, but not going to meltdown over it. Just on to next week.

Last edited:

We are a bottom 3 team.
Sans Simpkin, we lack adequate midfield cover. Phillips, Powell are still 30+ games off giving us that cover if one of LDU or Simpkin are missing.
We have many bad habits from a bunch of players who have had 4 coaches in as many years.

Keep in mind too, how many of those over 29 will not be on our list at the end of next year. Ziebell, Cunners, Goldy, Hall, Shiels. We're coming from a long, long, long way back, and then likely going to stall again.

I think we improve 2024/2025, but it's gonna be a slow curve, bar five or six just exploding into gun footballers at once.

Fair enough the performance wasn't good enough, but not going to meltdown over it. Just on to next week.
You’re not wrong. I just think the performance was insipid. Last season we lose that by 10-15 goals. There have been improvements, albeit coaching and systems but this falls on the mental fragility of the group. They need pick themselves up, dust emselves off, harden the * up and keep going for 120 minutes. Sick of them dropping their heads, giving up and not working hard enough without the ball.

The first 2 weeks we didn’t have a fraud like McKay ******* up the backline and Clarko played Goater and Bergman in the back half, so we had more speed coming out of defence.

Now we have to watch Howe plod out of there and turn it over or sell teammates into trouble.

Jy missing kills our spread from the middle.

That back half has been a mess since round 2. The ball goes down there and stays there for long periods of time due the massive amount of shitmen we have there.

Other than Sheezel and Logue, the rest of the backline are trash or average at best.

McKay - Fraud
Corr - Potato
McDonald - Potato
Hall - s**t
Howe - s**t
Ziebell - serviceable

The worst thing is that what we have to replace McKay and Corr is s**t as well.

Time to start giving more games to some of these younger guys, since it could hardly be worse than what the older spuds are producing.
Sheezle, Bergman and Goater looked more capable than any other players in defence. Logue and Ziebell have been ok. The others have leaked goals left right and centre.

I made the trip up to with the family to watch the game. Three minutes in, after GC's second goal, my six year old said "I'm bored, I want to do something else", so my wife took him down to the Kids Zone to play laser tag and jump on the trampoline. He definitely made the right call. Only a grossly misplaced sense of loyalty stopped me from joining him soon after.

The only thing worse than waking up the morning after a bad loss is waking up after a bad loss in this god forsaken hellscape that is the Gold Coast.

I'm gutted for Goldy, he deserved so much better.

The pattern of this forum is to massively overrate every 18-20 year old on the list and wax lyrical on every minor involvement they have in a match.

As they develop between the 21-24 age bracket and inevitably just become marginally better, the forum will slowly turn on them and demand for them to be dropped for the next unproven 18 year old.

By the time they get to 25, if they're not genuine stars of the league they have absolutely no value and should be delisted.

Judging by sentiment in the game day threads, poor old Tom Powell is progressing nicely into stage 2.
Actually this comment is 100 per cent true .Sums up this board perfectly. Just think about it ?

I made the trip up to with the family to watch the game. Three minutes in, after GC's second goal, my six year old said "I'm bored, I want to do something else", so my wife took him down to the Kids Zone to play laser tag and jump on the trampoline. He definitely made the right call. Only a grossly misplaced sense of loyalty stopped me from joining him soon after.

The only thing worse than waking up the morning after a bad loss is waking up after a bad loss in this god forsaken hellscape that is the Gold Coast.

I'm gutted for Goldy, he deserved so much better.
Was certainly the opposite of fun.

Decent North turnout and so little to cheer.

Even denied a Goldie chance at goal when another North player spoiled his marking attempt.

Every year for the last few years the AFL has had more than enough reason to justify serious priority picks, every year they find new and creative reasons to not do what is obvious. Looking forward to the mental gymnastics after another year right at the bottom of the ladder as to why they won’t do so.

The pattern of this forum is to massively overrate every 18-20 year old on the list and wax lyrical on every minor involvement they have in a match.

As they develop between the 21-24 age bracket and inevitably just become marginally better, the forum will slowly turn on them and demand for them to be dropped for the next unproven 18 year old.

By the time they get to 25, if they're not genuine stars of the league they have absolutely no value and should be delisted.

Judging by sentiment in the game day threads, poor old Tom Powell is progressing nicely into stage 2.
Good call. This forum will never be fully satisfied with the 5 flags and several top 4 finishes the club has achieved over the last 20 years.

Selfish campaigners need to relax

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a bottom 3 team.

Agree.

More fool us to think it was going to turn around so quickly just because we had a couple of decent games to start the season.

The list is still the list! That’s the reality.

We have Clarko and Viney, who we know for a fact, will not mosey along and accept mediocrity. Reputations at stake and that alone creates hunger to succeed BUT they need time!! You know, a bit more than a few games in!

We had more aggressive runners in the first couple of rounds. Not enough but a couple more.

The Blues and us have similar issues. I think our KP are not bad and we have some good players around the ball but without at least 4 additional power runners, we are stuffed. The Saints and Pies don’t need great KP depth to win games because the running game is much more potent.

Draft needs to be elite runner heavy and hopefully with a little size.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If the Clarkson third season is anything like the abominable third season of Lasso I'm hate watching currently then I'm content if we end things now.

Third season is getting more hate than it deserves. Hasn't been the best season, but hasn't been terrible.

We are a bottom 3 team.

All very good points, but the biggest issue at the moment is we are adapting to a defensive structure that we clearly aren’t capable of.

This might be because we need more time or it’s personal based, until we figure this out we’ll get some hammerings.

Third season is getting more hate than it deserves. Hasn't been the best season, but hasn't been terrible.

Ha, you jumped on this way quicker than I thought you would.

In fairness I hated Season 2 as well so more fool me.

Ha, you jumped on this way quicker than I thought you would.

In fairness I hated Season 2 as well so more fool me.

You just hate any season of anything that doesn't have Poochie.

1031880.jpg

You just hate any season of anything that doesn't have Poochie.

1031880.jpg

Poochie was clearly the heart of season 1.

As an aside the closest I've seen to the kind hearted feelgoodery of Lasso Season 1 is Jury Duty on Amazon. If that show came out at the height of Covid people would go nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back