Autopsy Vs GC Franchise - Goldys 300th.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the only solace I can take out of the latest debacle. If you had told me yesterday that the Suns would win by 43 points but we would have more inside 50’s than them - I would have actually taken it. That’s the depths to which we have sunk.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JHF probably gutted he left to go home eh
Sarcastic Clap GIF by LLIMOO

We will beat Port in Tassie. Only game we will win the next six weeks, but it’s a W.

As things stand, Port will absolutely destroy us. Our team will spend their time focussing on JHF. There is absolutely zero chance of us winning that game. Less than zero, even. We couldn’t beat Adelaide when Carey left and we had a good team then. We are sooo bad now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So whoever's dumb enough to come to grab Ben McKay from this team for a high pick please come to the table because we got a massive fraud for sale, 8 years of coasting by on hidden deficiencies after being surrounded by far FAR better backmen for years who allowed him to be third man up and whatever this mysterious 'form' he had has cast a spell on the NMFC fanbase who can't tell this bloke is the most flat-footed dumb spud of the litter who has never made a creative play in his life get by on being called 'Buckets'
Buckets.

I could suggest an alternative origin for that nickname. Right now it appears to make more sense than any other.

The scary thing is the list is healthy

Imagine if we had west coast like injury list or saints
It would be a blessing in disguise. At least with a healthy list playing this badly there is nobody hiding under an injury cloud.

Or if there are injured players running around then that's also a problem.

I read this every week and unfortunately he doesn’t take many marks at all he tries that’s about it
Well said.

Somebody had to say it.

This time last season JHF was being touted as the having the best six possession game in history almost. In reality, he had a few minor flashes of good play amongst some mediocre performances. Chom, in his first half dozen games has really done nothing. Fair enough, he's young and big men take time but he's been in the system a fair while now and as yet, he's yet to show what he might one day be capable of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me, would Coll. Carl. Rich or * put up with 5 of their first 7 games as away games ? 4 interstate ?
No they wouldn't, that is why they dump it on us. The comp is ****ed and so far removed from anything that resembles fairness.

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Newsflash we're still horrendous. I knew we wouldn't win this as it was Gold Coast's grand final to keep the heat off and we were just horribly disorganised. Which is to be expected when we're trying to implement a complete new game plan.

We're 6 games in with Clarko. 6 games. Not 6 months, not 6 years... 6 games.

Can anyone confidently name 15-20 players that can easily adapt to structures, zones and momentum? Can we name at least 5-10 blokes that can absorb pressure and execute?

Who do we turn to when it's tough? LDU? Can't do it if he's being heavily targeted without Jy. Cunners? It's not up to him anymore and doesn't have the body to go at it as much as we would like him to. Goldy? JZ? Is there anyone?

We're in a transition phase whilst figuring out the list mess. It's gonna be hard but honestly some of the stuff in GD thread was seriously over the top. It's almost like the first two wins lifted everyone's expectations. We're still shite.

Be realistic. We're not good until the team is injected with talent that doesn't have everyone holding their breath whenever they play a style different to kicking down the line.

Last edited:
Well said.

Somebody had to say it.

This time last season JHF was being touted as the having the best six possession game in history almost. In reality, he had a few minor flashes of good play amongst some mediocre performances. Chom, in his first half dozen games has really done nothing. Fair enough, he's young and big men take time but he's been in the system a fair while now and as yet, he's yet to show what he might one day be capable of.

The pattern of this forum is to massively overrate every 18-20 year old on the list and wax lyrical on every minor involvement they have in a match.

As they develop between the 21-24 age bracket and inevitably just become marginally better, the forum will slowly turn on them and demand for them to be dropped for the next unproven 18 year old.

By the time they get to 25, if they're not genuine stars of the league they have absolutely no value and should be delisted.

Judging by sentiment in the game day threads, poor old Tom Powell is progressing nicely into stage 2.

Tonight if you told me JHF had an issue with the entire playing list, I would side with him.

Forget ice baths - what a bunch of absolute lazy squibs we have when it actually matters.

Go ahead and pull up 1 second clips of JHF not chasing someone. Good on you. Meanwhile we have 22 guys who do that for two whole hours.

With not even half the talent.
We are a joke.

Tonight if you told me JHF had an issue with the entire playing list, I would side with him.

Forget ice baths - what a bunch of absolute lazy squibs we have when it actually matters.

Go ahead and pull up 1 second clips of JHF not chasing someone. Good on you. Meanwhile we have 22 guys who do that for two whole hours.

With not even half the talent.
We are a joke.
JHF spat in Aaron Hall's face. He isn't worth the s**t on the underside of my shoe. Stop overreacting, pull your head in, and if it's beneficial for your own mental health, stop watching footy

JHF spat in Aaron Hall's face. He isn't worth the s**t on the underside of my shoe. Stop overreacting, pull your head in, and if it's beneficial for your own mental health, stop watching footy

And keep accepting mediocrity 👍🏼

It is mind boggling how much we have regressed in the space pf 4 weeks, with largely the same players out there
The first 2 weeks we didn’t have a fraud like McKay ******* up the backline and Clarko played Goater and Bergman in the back half, so we had more speed coming out of defence.

Now we have to watch Howe plod out of there and turn it over or sell teammates into trouble.

Jy missing kills our spread from the middle.

That back half has been a mess since round 2. The ball goes down there and stays there for long periods of time due the massive amount of shitmen we have there.

Other than Sheezel and Logue, the rest of the backline are trash or average at best.

McKay - Fraud
Corr - Potato
McDonald - Potato
Hall - s**t
Howe - s**t
Ziebell - serviceable

The worst thing is that what we have to replace McKay and Corr is s**t as well.

Time to start giving more games to some of these younger guys, since it could hardly be worse than what the older spuds are producing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back