Game Day Why couldn't they do it for Goldie on the Goldie? North against the Sun got done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OK. I waited five minutes and nothing. I am a bad luck Game Day thread starter - you all know that. But here it is anyway.

Todd Goldstein, ruckman of the centaury will (God willing) play his 300th AFL match for the Mighty Roos in the most desolate location on earth, a place of anguish, a place where nobody wants to be playing footy - the Gold Coast. But when ya gotta go, ya gotta go there I spose.

1682172766242.png
1682172793063.png

All in.

Go North!

Last edited:

OK. I waited five minutes and nothing. I am a bad luck Game Day thread starter - you all know that. But here it is anyway.

Todd Goldstein, ruckman of the centaury will (God willing) play his 300th AFL match for the Mighty Roos in the most desolate location on earth, a place of anguish, a place where nobody wants to be playing footy - the Gold Coast. But when ya gotta go, ya gotta go there I spose.

View attachment 1667600
View attachment 1667603

All in.

Go North!
weather report or it's not an official game day thread.

weather report or it's not an official game day thread.
Weather is quite mild actually. Was a warm enough day to spend time in the garden. Maddie said tomorrow will be OK as well.

That's in Melbourne. I wouldn't have a clue what it's like in the gold coast, but I heard it's somewhere near Syria so I looked that up...
1682173252129.png
I assume much the same. Maybe about 3 degrees cooler but a lot more humid when the game starts.

Sissy Rose, my little dachsador girl...
resized_20210507_204521-jpeg.1361219

barks the following...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s sunny & 26C in Adelaide today & I’ll be washing my victory steak down with a Coopers Pale ale at night fall.
_____

This has got new-Clarko-era Shinboner win all over it.

Most have picked against us & by the time the first siren sounds, our supporters are all feeling slightly on edge… is that another tropical cyclone coming?! Or was that Stewy Dew taking his seat in the box?!
…but all of a sudden we start with a bang!

Chom BANG!
Zurhaaaarrr BANG!
Larkey BANG!

Instead of a few glimpses of hope, it’s a one, two & three punch to start the game, with goals coming from multiple avenues & by half time we’re up by a few.

From here the gutsy ‘getting over the line’ narrative is our best hope - isn't it? - & heavens forbid it goes down that all too familiar path of fading in the last quarter.

However, Ckarko's new Roos actually put the foot on the throat after 3/4 time & stamp some authority.

Half of Gold Coast’s mish mash, plastic, joke of a fan base start heading to the exits 5 minutes into the last quarter, well before Goldy gets moved to full forward to kick a sausage roll & have the whole team gather round him for high fives in the dying minutes of a club lifting victory.

Let’s Sheezin’ do this, baby!
_____

Roos forward line to be the story, with 4 goals each from Chom, Zurhaar & Larks & noteworthy displays from the lively Curtis & Stevo in support.

Hall & Cunnington return/s to form, but LDU best on with 10 clearances & the 3 Brownlow votes.
Sheezel quiet with only 25.

Goldy chaired off by Ziebs & Cunners after a comfortable 5 goal win.
______

Last edited:
Zurhaar needs to stay forward and if he kicks 5, i reckon we win
Disagree. With Jy out, we're going to need him around the ball providing forward entries more than any other game so far this year.

Hopefully Larks, Chom, Steevo, PC, can get it done forward of the ball.

It’s sunny & 26C in Adelaide today & I’ll be washing my victory steak down with a Coopers Pale coke night fall.
_____

This has got new-Clarko-era Shinboner win all over it.

Most have picked against us & by the time the first siren sounds, our supporters are all feeling slightly on edge… is that another tropical cyclone coming?! Or was that Stewy Dew taking his seat in the box?!
…but all of a sudden we start with a bang!

Chom BANG!
Zurhaaaarrr BANG!
Larkey BANG!

Instead of a few glimpses of hope, it’s a one, two & three punch to start the game, with goals coming from multiple avenues & by half time we’re up by a few.

From here the gutsy ‘getting over the line’ narrative is our best hope - isn't it? - & heavens forbid it goes down that all too familiar path of fading in the last quarter.

However, Ckarko's new Roos actually put the foot on the throat after 3/4 time & stamp some authority.

Half of Gold Coast’s mish mash, plastic, joke of a fan base start heading to the exits 5 minutes into the last quarter, well before Goldy gets moved to full forward to kick a sausage roll & have the whole team gather round him for high fives in the dying minutes of a club lifting victory.

Let’s Sheezin’ do this, baby!
_____

Roos forward line to be the story, with 4 goals each from Chom, Zurhaar & Larks & noteworthy displays from the lively Curtis & Stevo in support.

Hall & Cunnington return/s to form, but LDU best on with 10 clearances & the 3 Brownlow votes.
Sheezel quiet with only 25.

Goldy chaired off by Ziebs & Cunners after a comfortable 5 goal win.
______
F954CDD5-680B-4D23-8DB8-0982011E302E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back