Autopsy Vs GC Franchise - Goldys 300th.

Remove this Banner Ad

After such a positive start to the season, I feel like it all started to go down hill the moment Howe got subbed on vs Freo.

Drop Howe.
agree, he was bought across to take the whipping boy role now that mahony isnt getting a game, and even stinks at that, if he was doing his job properly the kayne turner thread activity would be dead in its tracks.

kayno copping it while Howe watches on,

1682317546867.jpeg

I'm surprised people are surprised! Had his best season in 2021 playing the same role only for Knobel to move him forward last year.
He belongs down there because he isn’t s**t scarred to sit in the hole. He would sit infront of the biggest and toughest that have played. Hard as a cats head is ol Jacky

Anyone else get the shock of their lives when Zurharrrr took that easy uncontested grab in our F50 on a strong lead at the kicker with space to run into late in the 4th? I nearly dropped my drink. Whaoh, what the hell was that? He better cut that s**t out or I might start expecting it.

If the Clarkson third season is anything like the abominable third season of Lasso I'm hate watching currently then I'm content if we end things now.
No spoilers, some of us are waiting for the last episodes to binge watch the season…

The Zlatan signing though irked me, rather it was just built along the lines of realism like the first season but will see how it pans out

No spoilers, some of us are waiting for the last episodes to binge watch the season…

The Zlatan signing though irked me, rather it was just built along the lines of realism like the first season but will see how it pans out
I saw a preview and Roy Keane was played by someone nothing like Roy Keane, I laughed and put that on the back burner. Spoil the absolute greg hunt out of it.

Too many over 30s taking us nowhere (Ziebell n cunners can stay for now)

Sorry hall but that’s you done
Shiels sub only
Howe 28 this year and a massive spud has to go

Play the kids who are our future
Wardlaw
Drury
Perez
Bergman
Goater
Not sure on Perez but the rest should start to be playing. Shame Goater did a hammy...

Apologies if already canvassed in this thread (I’m a bit behind on my BigFooty admin) but interesting that Clarko didn’t mention Goldy once in his presser. I know the 300th had been done to death during the week and appropriately acknowledged but even when a journo dropped his name Clarko didn’t take the cue to say shame we couldn’t get across the line for him or he aquitted himself well. Probably reading too much into it but we knew his view at Round 1 and think like a lot of the discussion on this board there’s a lot of changes to come under Clarko

After such a positive start to the season, I feel like it all started to go down hill the moment Howe got subbed on vs Freo.

Drop Howe.
I hate the whipping boy s**t that this board comes up with but at the same time this is kind of disturbingly accurate.

Spoiler is...

Not Looking Good Season 5 GIF by Outlander

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else get the shock of their lives when Zurharrrr took that easy uncontested grab in our F50 on a strong lead at the kicker with space to run into late in the 4th? I nearly dropped my drink. Whaoh, what the hell was that? He better cut that s**t out or I might start expecting it.
That was the only lead of the game from our forwards. While its easy to be critical of our entries into 50 as just blazing away and players need to lower their eyes, by the same token its the forwards responsibility to create separation and present targets. From where I was sitting that looked the only time it happened for us in the game, and gee didn't it look effortless!

I saw a preview and Roy Keane was played by someone nothing like Roy Keane, I laughed and put that on the back burner. Spoil the absolute greg hunt out of it.
"Roy Kent" is the best character in the show by a mile and played by writer and actor Brett Goldstein......good job Goldy.

One passage of play that totally sums up this game, and sadly is stuck in my memory.

After 2 or 3 15m kick marks from a kick in, and probably a grand total of about 25m gained, the next kick went to a 1 on 3 contest on the wing, who was our one v their three ? none other than that contested marking aerial threat Kayne Turner.
Could it be worth putting Hall on the wing? He’s fast and his traditional long bombs are more likely to end up in our forward 50 from the wing rather tha bounce straight back from the centre. Sheezel CHB he needs to understand and learn that the honeymoon is over baby other teams rate him and he will warrant a hard tag from most teams here on in

Last edited:
That was the only lead of the game from our forwards. While its easy to be critical of our entries into 50 as just blazing away and players need to lower their eyes, by the same token its the forwards responsibility to create separation and present targets. From where I was sitting that looked the only time it happened for us in the game, and gee didn't it look effortless!
I must admit sometimes I think a better strategy for our forward entries would be to kick to the most vacant area, at least then one of our players might make it there first especially if they know it’s going to happen 😀

Could it be worth putting Hall on the wing? He’s fast and his traditional long bombs are more likely to end up in our forward 50 from the wing rather tha bounce straight back from the centre.
Also gives a grest opportunity for those front and centre small crumbing goal kickers to bag a few if Larko and Chomo bring the ball to ground in an elite manner.

By the way - I agree with you on giving Hall the opportunity to run and carry through centre then kick it forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back