Opinion What is your favourite goal of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
What is your favourite goal of all time? This thread is NOT for discussion of the best goal of all time, just a place for people to share their favourites.

Joel Bowden showing me how much St. Kilda players love candy.
Michael Mitchell vs Sydney.

Non Richmond players, Darren Jarman, any goal he ever kicked looked classy.

Travis Varcoe - Final Quarter - 2011 Grand Final.
Contests the ball well inside D50, then runs/supports/toe-pokes the ball all the way to F50, crumbs a marking contest and slots it. Power-running, so impressive deep in the last quarter of a GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephen Hill off the bench in Geelong

Cant go past Sheed's goal as an eagles supporter. We had peppered the goals in the last quarter of that grand final and couldn't hit the front, the game was destined for a cheeky snap sealer by Collingwood when the ball was locked in their forward line what seemed like forever at the end of the game, then somehow we hit the front with less than two minutes left. I will never forget that moment watching the game.

Another recent(ish) favourite goal was the tried and true Shuey shrug that won us an elimination final in 2017 during extra time. Was jumping around the lounge room for sure even though it was a milked free kick.

Travis Varcoe - Final Quarter - 2011 Grand Final.
Contests the ball well inside D50, then runs/supports/toe-pokes the ball all the way to F50, crumbs a marking contest and slots it. Power-running, so impressive deep in the last quarter of a GF.
I go with that. Considering the time, place, match situation - it's like the triumphant ending scene in a movie. (Decent commentary, too).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back