No Oppo Supporters The TAN 79

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's free in Oslo (Norway) and that seems to work fine
Its free in one city. We have several.

Their population is half ours in a condensed land mass about 20+ times smaller.

Making transport free here will not get cars off the road. If petrol at $2.20pl wont make people catch the bus to work, nothing will. Our population is far to spread out. Our lifestyle is way too different. Norwasy is quite literally the furthest point away from us in distance and no real comparison to our lifestyle. different weather, different everything.

If we want to go blowing a heap of revenue, lets put it into medical and dental systems. I would much rather people not have to spend $10k on getting a single tooth replaced than people getting the bus to their mates place for nothing.

People will still drive to work in Australia as people in suburbs have to travel to the city and it takes too long. Even if they did do it, the cost it would incur by adding the required parking around the stations to accommodate the extra cars would be close to billions due to land prices. In Australia, people have drive to the station to catch public transport - again, because our population is spread so wide. Ol mate driving to work doesn't want to get a bus then a train, swap a train when he can just drive in his $80k FWD with leather seats, air cond, bose stereo - the differences between us and Oslo are impossible to list

Last edited:
They seem pretty happy to consign their parents and grandparents to the scrap heap.
Anyhow, now that the teals and greens are in charge I’m looking forward to clear skies over Mumbai and Beijing within a decade, Putin to withdraw from Ukraine, a big pay rise, fuel and food prices to plummet and peace on Earth with goodwill to all humankind ❤️🪴

ah the "we cant fix the problem, so lets just ignore it:

IF there is one generation that doesn't need a pension, its the Boomers.

Again, unlike you all - i literally worked on the phones and heard the people trying to get it. We can see all your bank statements, earnings, share port folios, assets owned - everything. Big Brother see's all. There were people with over a million dollar portfolios trying to claim it. We would see people sell their several houses to then by 1 very expensive house just to ensure it was exempt from their valued assets, just to get the $2500 a month for free. We would see unexplained $20k payments to kids for services, Driving very expensive cars - a generation that figured out how to not pay taxes, then get taxes for free when they retired. Would often see them saying that they gave the house to the kids and now rent a small bungalow in the back off them - again to get the asset removed.

Clearly there are many who need it, and god bless them i want them to have it. The the number of scammers i saw was ridiculous.

I had couples saying the seperated, just so they could get the higher individual amounts- - but then when we investigated they were still living in the same house. The argued that "yes but we are paying our own way and sleep in seperate rooms". Just scammers, so many of them ruining a good system made to help people who actually need it - all in the name of "but but but i worked hard and i get nothing WAAAAAAAHHHHH"

Again, unlike you all - i literally worked on the phones and heard the people trying to get it. We can see all your bank statements, earnings, share port folios, assets owned - everything. Big Brother see's all. There were people with over a million dollar portfolios trying to claim it. We would see people sell their several houses to then by 1 very expensive house just to ensure it was exempt from their valued assets, just to get the $2500 a month for free. We would see unexplained $20k payments to kids for services, Driving very expensive cars - a generation that figured out how to not pay taxes, then get taxes for free when they retired. Would often see them saying that they gave the house to the kids and now rent a small bungalow in the back off them - again to get the asset removed.

Clearly there are many who need it, and god bless them i want them to have it. The the number of scammers i saw was ridiculous.

I had couples saying the seperated, just so they could get the higher individual amounts- - but then when we investigated they were still living in the same house. The argued that "yes but we are paying our own way and sleep in seperate rooms". Just scammers, so many of them ruining a good system made to help people who actually need it - all in the name of "but but but i worked hard and i get nothing WAAAAAAAHHHHH"
I’m 65 and at work right now… will be for a few years yet!

So STFU you ignorant clown.

Lol way to take it out on me mate. Don't abuse me because you need to work while your contempories made millions and still are trying to rort a system made to support people like yourself. FWIW both my parents worked till they were in their 60's - you are living the australian dream

fwiw, i will be probably be working till i am 70 based on how these things have progressed. You are acting like what is happening to you is just happening to you and hasn't happened for years and wont happen for years.

The hilarious thing is people think that the Libs were gonna save them from this shit - the Libs have had more chances to fix it than ever, but only ever helped their mates.

Again, don't project your problems onto me.. I get you are grumpy after last night, but don't project and abuse me over it

So STFU you ignorant clown.

Also - maybe read the part where i say "its a good system when people who need it, get it. If you need it, then you would be able to get it. I know the system better than most, i literally worked on it"

Your home property is exempt from the Asset test - which means you can have about $600k in assessible assets to get a part pension, or $900k if you are in a couple.

If you have $900k in assets, not including your home - then do you honestly think you should get a pension & make your kids taxes pay your way?

Lol way to take it out on me mate. Don't abuse me because you need to work while your contempories made millions and still are trying to rort a system made to support people like yourself. FWIW both my parents worked till they were in their 60's - you are living the australian dream

fwiw, i will be probably be working till i am 70 based on how these things have progressed. You are acting like what is happening to you is just happening to you and hasn't happened for years and wont happen for years.

The hilarious thing is people think that the Libs were gonna save them from this shit - the Libs have had more chances to fix it than ever, but only ever helped their mates.

Again, don't project your problems onto me.. I get you are grumpy after last night, but don't project and abuse me over it
It’s not projecting, you genuinely give me the shits 👍

Its free in one city. We have several.

Their population is half ours in a condensed land mass about 20+ times smaller.

Making transport free here will not get cars off the road. If petrol at $2.20pl wont make people catch the bus to work, nothing will. Our population is far to spread out. Our lifestyle is way too different. Norwasy is quite literally the furthest point away from us in distance and no real comparison to our lifestyle. different weather, different everything.

If we want to go blowing a heap of revenue, lets put it into medical and dental systems. I would much rather people not have to spend $10k on getting a single tooth replaced than people getting the bus to their mates place for nothing.

People will still drive to work in Australia as people in suburbs have to travel to the city and it takes too long. Even if they did do it, the cost it would incur by adding the required parking around the stations to accommodate the extra cars would be close to billions due to land prices. In Australia, people have drive to the station to catch public transport - again, because our population is spread so wide. Ol mate driving to work doesn't want to get a bus then a train, swap a train when he can just drive in his $80k FWD with leather seats, air cond, bose stereo - the differences between us and Oslo are impossible to list
This we agree on, but unfortunately we will spend a shipload of money on building new football stadiums, rather than medical and dental

I wish I could work, but unfortunately I will be one those that get lined in front of a wall

Not your biggest fan either champ. Feeling is mutual. No need to get abusive towards me about it tho.

And for what its worth, i love the Reds. I voted Labor, afterall
Firstly - You are correct, there was no need to abuse you and for that I apologise… at least I never sank so low to “champ” someone.
Secondly - Liverpool has nothing to do with anything. I am incredibly proud of my club and the city of my birth.
Thirdly - Never assume! I also voted Labor. The writing was on the wall and I felt that helping Labor to a healthy majority would mitigate the influence of the teal/green whatever’s and return to the Labor ideals I grew up with… probably naively.
Fourthly - I don’t just ignore fixing any problems, I simply don’t believe slashing and burning with no thought to the consequences and ignoring the real effects. The shoe is on the other foot as the activists conveniently “ignore” the devastating impact of China, India and Russia.
Controlled world wide reduction has to happen but hey, maybe the major emitters will look at Australia and feel so ashamed that they’ll cut their emissions by 60% in eight years 👍

just when i thought u couldn't go further right you've surprised me.;)
What I’m right wing because I want pensioners who have worked and paid tax all their lives to get looked after rather than economic refugees who arrive illegally on boats?

try arriving in another country and asking to stay , etc without paperwork

Firstly - You are correct, there was no need to abuse you and for that I apologise… at least I never sank so low to “champ” someone.
Secondly - Liverpool has nothing to do with anything. I am incredibly proud of my club and the city of my birth.
Thirdly - Never assume! I also voted Labor. The writing was on the wall and I felt that helping Labor to a healthy majority would mitigate the influence of the teal/green whatever’s and return to the Labor ideals I grew up with… probably naively.
Fourthly - I don’t just ignore fixing any problems, I simply don’t believe slashing and burning with no thought to the consequences and ignoring the real effects. The shoe is on the other foot as the activists conveniently “ignore” the devastating impact of China, India and Russia.
Controlled world wide reduction has to happen but hey, maybe the major emitters will look at Australia and feel so ashamed that they’ll cut their emissions by 60% in eight years 👍

Your comments on China, Russia etc i agree with - but much like we have learned in her over the past 2 days, rarely does telling someone else what to do work, even if you are trying to make a positive impact to those around you. What you can impact is your own use. You just do your bit as you should & hope to god others follow. Its called "being a leader".

Also there is no link between climate change & the pension. none. The idea that climate change cost and other services and linked is a fallacy. It has widely been known for decades that the biggest cost to the economy is Social Security & welfare, namely for the elderly. Next is medical, which is again the cost mainly due to the elderly as they incur the most medical help. Climate Change cost will not even come close to this amount - yet is blamed for everything becoming "unaffordable" - its rubbish

Social welfare etc cost $200 Billion p.a. Medical, is $100million - Defence is around $40billion, which is the same we spend on the education of our youth.

whereas we currently spend only $2.5billion on climate change. The cost is not even close, there is no link. Its actually disgusting how much bandwidth the cost of climate change gets vs the cost of pensions, franking credits etc. It gets the attention purely due to big money industry fearing the accountability of regulations being added to their profits. Why average Australians support this crap ass narrative is beyond me, the trickle down affect of this is minimum to us - yet, we constantly see older booomer+ aged people wanting to blame everything costing more on climate change & then saying awful awful awful things about a lil girl from Sweden who cares about the planet.

What I’m right wing because I want pensioners who have worked and paid tax all their lives to get looked after rather than economic refugees who arrive illegally on boats?

try arriving in another country and asking to stay , etc without paperwork

I think all generations support helping old people that need help.

What we don't support is helping every old person as some reward for getting to be old.

My parents and my inlaws worked their whole lives and now live without a pension. They are proud of it, they are not a burden on society. Not sure which elderly people you are talking about being hard done by, but from working in MYGOV - Australians who meet the criteria get $2500 per month to live off, which is about the same as people on minimum wage. The fortunate thing is that the older generation was able to get affordable housing, often on 1 income., so they at least hold a valuable asset and have no rent, mortgage. If they do, they are able to access public housing &/or rental assistance on top of the mortgage. People on minimum wage dont have that & we all saw how ****ing mental Boomers and Liberals got when Albo wanted to give them a one mealsey dollar increase. We all notice how poorly boomers react when talk of someone else getting a top up or some help is & you guys wonder why you are despised by the generation which should love you as being our parents etc.

No one wants old people eating dog food and cold in winter. none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your comments on China, Russia etc i agree with - but much like we have learned in her over the past 2 days, rarely does telling someone else what to do work, even if you are trying to make a positive impact to those around you. What you can impact is your own use. You just do your bit as you should & hope to god others follow. Its called "being a leader".

Also there is no link between climate change & the pension. none. The idea that climate change cost and other services and linked is a fallacy. It has widely been known for decades that the biggest cost to the economy is Social Security & welfare, namely for the elderly. Next is medical, which is again the cost mainly due to the elderly as they incur the most medical help. Climate Change cost will not even come close to this amount - yet is blamed for everything becoming "unaffordable" - its rubbish

Social welfare etc cost $200 Billion p.a. Medical, is $100million - Defence is around $40billion, which is the same we spend on the education of our youth.

whereas we currently spend only $2.5billion on climate change. The cost is not even close, there is no link. Its actually disgusting how much bandwidth the cost of climate change gets vs the cost of pensions, franking credits etc. It gets the attention purely due to big money industry fearing the accountability of regulations being added to their profits. Why average Australians support this crap ass narrative is beyond me, the trickle down affect of this is minimum to us - yet, we constantly see older booomer+ aged people wanting to blame everything costing more on climate change & then saying awful awful awful things about a lil girl from Sweden who cares about the planet.
Climate change and pension?
Not something I’ve commented on 👍

You literally just had a tanty about working at 65 and then ranted on climate change stuff? wtf?
Can’t you even remember what you post?
You replied to my post about clear skies over Mumbai with your just ignoring it response!
And thanks for acknowledging my apology! Wasted!

How many scammers on welfare?
I mean I'm glad my taxes are going too those on welfare each time I see a mother walk around Woolworths with her 6 kids in tow.
What do you think those kids are gonna learn when they grow up?
Kinda laugh how businesses are screaming out for workers yet our welfare bill seems never ending.

How many scammers on welfare?
I mean I'm glad my taxes are going too those on welfare each time I see a mother walk around Woolworths with her 6 kids in tow.
What do you think those kids are gonna learn when they grow up?
Kinda laugh how businesses are screaming out for workers yet our welfare bill seems never ending.

The businesses screaming for workers are also the same ones which fought against minimum wage increases funnily enough. Lift the wage & people will want to work for you. Reminds me of all those farmers crying over the lack of Backpackers during COVID unable to work & be molested by them for less than minimum wage. Seem to recall them wondering why they cant find workers despite unemployment being high.... perhaps it was because no reasonable person was going to move their entire family out to the middle of bum-**** to work for below minimum wage doing hard labour, for one season? duh

From my experience there was more scammers in Pensioners trying to claim the pension & companies incorrectly claiming job keeper than actual welfare cheats.

The biggest fraudsters of Govt funds has always been big business, corporates , big earners & pensioners who move assets and shares around to get payments they do not deserve, avoid paying the correct taxes etc. Stats say Welfare fraud sits about 0.04% of all who claim it.

It might be hard to believe, but the poorest people in society are not the ones stealing all the money:rolleyes:

I dislike boomers a hell of a lot, but saying they should not be allowed to vote is brutal.:tearsofjoy:

Its up there with my greens mate who reckons all public transport should be free & all artist should receive a government wage. Nice story bro, but we live in the real world.
And what have the Romans ever done for us?

mate our pensioners get looked after amazingly compared to future generations. The issue is there are a duckton of pensioners who hide assets and manipulate the system to get free money when they don't need it.

Paying Taxes is not an investment you get back later - its paying your way to live in a society that is free and one of the best in the world.

I am all for more boat people too, we have the room, let them in. Glad we agree with that - the only difference between us and a Syrian refugee is we were lucky enough to be born here & they were unlucky to be born there at the wrong time. Would you seriously rather pay money to some old boomer who has a investment property tied to their kids to cheat the system over a Syrian family escaping war, who saw their father be murdered by terrorist?
Sorry to say but you appear very wet behind the ears and in dire need of broadening your outlook.

Here's your hypocrisy.

Let's give money to those who have not contributed 1 cent to the government coffers, but, hell no, we can't give anything to those who have worked and paid taxes in this country and contributed to building this nation. Get real.

I'm all for providing assistance and refuge for those in need, but don't forget those who walked before you and established the infrastructure that has provided comfort for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back