No Oppo Supporters The TAN 79

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The businesses screaming for workers are also the same ones which fought against minimum wage increases funnily enough. Lift the wage & people will want to work for you. Reminds me of all those farmers crying over the lack of Backpackers during COVID unable to work & be molested by them for less than minimum wage. Seem to recall them wondering why they cant find workers despite unemployment being high.... perhaps it was because no reasonable person was going to move their entire family out to the middle of bum-duck to work for below minimum wage doing hard labour, for one season? duh

From my experience there was more scammers in Pensioners trying to claim the pension & companies incorrectly claiming job keeper than actual welfare cheats.

The biggest fraudsters of Govt funds has always been big business, corporates , big earners & pensioners who move assets and shares around to get payments they do not deserve, avoid paying the correct taxes etc. Stats say Welfare fraud sits about 0.04% of all who claim it.

It might be hard to believe, but the poorest people in society are not the ones stealing all the money:rolleyes:
Here you make some valid points, but allow me to elaborate a little.

I've just spent over 30 years working for the largest government departments - Centrelink (Field Officer) and the ATO (Auditor), a contrast of each other.

When you have been speaking of pensioners in the context of welfare rorts you're implying Age Pensioners. Let me tell you the biggest rort on the welfare system is Sole Parent Pension.

Correctly introduced by the Whitlam government as a "Deserted Mothers Pension", designed to assist those women whose husbands shot through and left the woman trying to raise children, it evolved into the "Sole Parent Pension". Meaning that you didn't have to have previously had kids and be deserted, instead all you had to do was HAVE a kid, be partnerless and you qualify. And if you want a pay rise, go out on the weekend, find some dumb campaigner, spread your legs and bingo - a pay rise. Guess who has been exploiting this one pal - not the baby boomers!

On top of this, a major rort was a couple with kids would claim to be separated and the woman would claim Sole Parent Pension whilst hubby brings home a wage and happily comes home every night to a nice hot meal. Have another guess as to which generation is the main culprit. Wrong if you said baby boomers.

On Job Keeper. The notion behind the payment was valid, however, allowed to be rorted by our pathetic governments. To qualify a business had to have a drop in turnover of over 30% in March 2020 as compared to March 2019. If you proved this your business qualified for $750pw for each employee.

I can tell you (I won't mention the name) but a considerably large business in Newcastle qualified. Their sales improved in April 2020 and by May 2020 their sales were better than the previous year. But, they qualified and continued to receive over $1M per month in Job Keeper for 6 months. Effectively subsidising their profits. And they weren't alone. Absolutely mind blowing. Do you think the legislation was amended to recover this? No. Pathetic government.

Big business and corporates.

If the Australian government collected even 10% of taxation revenue from these legitimised criminals, personal income tax could be halved and the country's coffers will be full. Instead, the laws allow them to move monies overseas and to tax havens. Why, because no campaigner in government is prepared to stand up to these massive multi-nationals and change our laws in conjunction with other countries.

So why don't we? Because places like the ATO have fallen victim to the woke brigade were it's more important to have 50% of women in managerial positions; celebrate peoples sexual preferences; give preference to people of whom English is not their first language; etc. etc. - all this ahead of putting the best people regardless the above in positions of power to actually do something about this disgrace we are allowing to take place.

And all along we are distracted by secondary issues like gay marriage, climate change, refugees, etc. to take our minds of the real issues. And it's the generations below the baby boomers that are buying all this crap as they sit in their rented houses, contemplating how many hours they will be getting tomorrow from their casual jobs, and whether or not they can afford to turn the heater on.

Here you make some valid points, but allow me to elaborate a little.

I've just spent over 30 years working for the largest government departments - Centrelink (Field Officer) and the ATO (Auditor), a contrast of each other.

When you have been speaking of pensioners in the context of welfare rorts you're implying Age Pensioners. Let me tell you the biggest rort on the welfare system is Sole Parent Pension.

Correctly introduced by the Whitlam government as a "Deserted Mothers Pension", designed to assist those women whose husbands shot through and left the woman trying to raise children, it evolved into the "Sole Parent Pension". Meaning that you didn't have to have previously had kids and be deserted, instead all you had to do was HAVE a kid, be partnerless and you qualify. And if you want a pay rise, go out on the weekend, find some dumb campaigner, spread your legs and bingo - a pay rise. Guess who has been exploiting this one pal - not the baby boomers!

On top of this, a major rort was a couple with kids would claim to be separated and the woman would claim Sole Parent Pension whilst hubby brings home a wage and happily comes home every night to a nice hot meal. Have another guess as to which generation is the main culprit. Wrong if you said baby boomers.

On Job Keeper. The notion behind the payment was valid, however, allowed to be rorted by our pathetic governments. To qualify a business had to have a drop in turnover of over 30% in March 2020 as compared to March 2019. If you proved this your business qualified for $750pw for each employee.

I can tell you (I won't mention the name) but a considerably large business in Newcastle qualified. Their sales improved in April 2020 and by May 2020 their sales were better than the previous year. But, they qualified and continued to receive over $1M per month in Job Keeper for 6 months. Effectively subsidising their profits. And they weren't alone. Absolutely mind blowing. Do you think the legislation was amended to recover this? No. Pathetic government.

Big business and corporates.

If the Australian government collected even 10% of taxation revenue from these legitimised criminals, personal income tax could be halved and the country's coffers will be full. Instead, the laws allow them to move monies overseas and to tax havens. Why, because no campaigner in government is prepared to stand up to these massive multi-nationals and change our laws in conjunction with other countries.

So why don't we? Because places like the ATO have fallen victim to the woke brigade were it's more important to have 50% of women in managerial positions; celebrate peoples sexual preferences; give preference to people of whom English is not their first language; etc. etc. - all this ahead of putting the best people regardless the above in positions of power to actually do something about this disgrace we are allowing to take place.

And all along we are distracted by secondary issues like gay marriage, climate change, refugees, etc. to take our minds of the real issues. And it's the generations below the baby boomers that are buying all this crap as they sit in their rented houses, contemplating how many hours they will be getting tomorrow from their casual jobs, and whether or not they can afford to turn the heater on.

No offence i find the theory that there are woman deliberately having kids to be a sole parent just for the cash to be a pretty sexist thing to imply. I am sure there is a number, but enough to call them the biggest scourge on of budget? ridiculous. I know quite a few single parents and its not something i would do just to get a few hundred bucks a week - its a hard life and there is definitely an easier way to make $500 a week. I also find the comments that somehow woman having a fair share of managerial roles to be off too. It basically reads like you are implying our economy is falling down due to women - what a load of old man bollocks. 5,400,000 Australians over 16 receive an income support payment & only 330k of them get a PPS payment. That call is up there with Morrisons fearmongering that the economy would collapse if minimum wage was increased by $1 ph.

You make some decent comments about JKP, Morrison's govt was a POS in withholding the integrity of the program - it was never designed to help average australians, it was there for business and big business in particular. but the rest honestly sounds like sexist, outdated thoughts. I agree there is an element of groan worthy "woke / Cancel culture" happening in our society, but the topics you have raised in this message are not really it. The 3 best clubs of the past 10 years in the AFL, Richmond, Bulldogs & Melbourne are all being run by women when they won flags, no real proof that females in managerial roles has any negative impact, especially on the ATO's ability to do their job. Much like the umpires in the AFL, the are operating they way they do, because the power above them told them to. The ATO did nothing much about it, as they were not told to do more about it.

calling climate change a secondary issue is also pretty wild. Climate Change was one of the top 3 concerns for all women voters, who make up 50% of the population. . It was also the top concern for Australians under the age of age of 30, which makes up 40% of the population. The only groups that do not seem that interested in it are white dudes over the age of 50, who are NOT the majority of the population. To say its a topic that is secondary when the majority of Australians find it amongst their biggest concerns - gets right to the butt of why boomers are the worst. These concerns were completely validated in the breakdown of election voting, with Labor, Independants & Greens having a very strong turnout - all parties which prioritise Climate & environment.

You are saying things like it & gay marriage, gender equality, refugees etc are topics just to distract us from the "real issues", yet all these issues are human issues, not financial. What are you exactly suggesting is "the real issues"? Women in the workforce and women on the PPS? This kind of opinion pretty much sums up why Boomers are disliked & every other generation after them tries to distance themselves from their way of thinkings. It's actually a big reason that all these "soft topics" you are suggesting are the "big topics", because the youth always rebels against what the old farts crap on about. I see your point but only in broken fragments and the negatives of it far outweigh and portion that i agree with

Last edited:
What I’m right wing because I want pensioners who have worked and paid tax all their lives to get looked after rather than economic refugees who arrive illegally on boats?

try arriving in another country and asking to stay , etc without paperwork
it's not illegal 4 refugees 2 arrive by boat. and it's just part of your posting record. u r entitled 2 b a little right of genghis. it's obvious so stand by your convictions.

No offence i find the theory that there are woman deliberately having kids to be a sole parent just for the cash to be a pretty sexist thing to imply. I am sure there is a number, but enough to call them the biggest scourge on of budget? ridiculous. I know quite a few single parents and its not something i would do just to get a few hundred bucks a week - its a hard life and there is definitely an easier way to make $500 a week. I also find the comments that somehow woman having a fair share of managerial roles to be off too. It basically reads like you are implying our economy is falling down due to women - what a load of old man bollocks. 5,400,000 Australians over 16 receive an income support payment & only 330k of them get a PPS payment. That call is up there with Morrisons fearmongering that the economy would collapse if minimum wage was increased by $1 ph.

You make some decent comments about JKP, Morrison's govt was a POS in withholding the integrity of the program - it was never designed to help average australians, it was there for business and big business in particular. but the rest honestly sounds like sexist, outdated thoughts. I agree there is an element of groan worthy "woke / Cancel culture" happening in our society, but the topics you have raised in this message are not really it. The 3 best clubs of the past 10 years in the AFL, Richmond, Bulldogs & Melbourne are all being run by women when they won flags, no real proof that females in managerial roles has any negative impact, especially on the ATO's ability to do their job. Much like the umpires in the AFL, the are operating they way they do, because the power above them told them to. The ATO did nothing much about it, as they were not told to do more about it.

calling climate change a secondary issue is also pretty wild. Climate Change was one of the top 3 concerns for all women voters, who make up 50% of the population. . It was also the top concern for Australians under the age of age of 30, which makes up 40% of the population. The only groups that do not seem that interested in it are white dudes over the age of 50, who are NOT the majority of the population. To say its a topic that is secondary when the majority of Australians find it amongst their biggest concerns - gets right to the butt of why boomers are the worst. These concerns were completely validated in the breakdown of election voting, with Labor, Independants & Greens having a very strong turnout - all parties which prioritise Climate & environment.

You are saying things like it & gay marriage, gender equality, refugees etc are topics just to distract us from the "real issues", yet all these issues are human issues, not financial. What are you exactly suggesting is "the real issues"? Women in the workforce and women on the PPS? This kind of opinion pretty much sums up why Boomers are disliked & every other generation after them tries to distance themselves from their way of thinkings. It's actually a big reason that all these "soft topics" you are suggesting are the "big topics", because the youth always rebels against what the old farts crap on about. I see your point but only in broken fragments and the negatives of it far outweigh and portion that i agree with
Ok, lets take this one point at a time as outlined by you:

1. Pensioners

5.4M Australians receiving income support. No doubt a substantial amount of Age Pensioners given our aging population. Are you suggesting these people don't deserve this? These are the people who worked and paid taxes up until their mid-60s at a time when superannuation was never heard of.

You're suggesting to me that women having kids to deliberately claim SPP is sexist. My friend, when you've done the rounds as a Centrelink Field Officer for 9 years and see what's going on out there come back and talk to me. Leave this stupid woke fall back position of calling someone sexist when he/she says something that may offend.

The SPP in it's original form of the Deserted Wife's Pension did not exist for anyone other than women who already HAD children and were deserted by their husbands. Changing the eligibility criteria to just being a SINGLE parent meant you no longer had to ever have been married/partnered, all you had to do was have a child. Am I being sexist when it's the female who has the child and claims the benefit?

The reason I call this a rort is because it is easy (as a male) to claim you have separated from your spouse, your spouse claims SPP and received an illegally derived pension each fortnight when there has been NO separation. Don't believe me? Go and do 9 years as a Centrelink Fieldy and you'll see.

In your first paragraph you are suggesting I'm saying our economy is falling down due to women. Another one that failed English comprehension at school.

2. Job Keeper

You're almost half right in saying JK was there for business. Half right because it was there for business to hold on to it's employees. The primary purpose of the payment was to enable those who could not attend their workplace through no fault of their own to survive.

3. Women in the workforce

When and were have I said women should not be in managerial roles? My point is very clear - give the role to the BEST person for that role, be it man, woman, white, black, yellow, red, straight, homosexual, IDGAF!! But lets not put quotas because then you don't get what I am suggesting.

4. Real Issues

Fat lot of good it's going to do me if the homosexuals down the road can get married, or if women are given 50% of managerial jobs, or if the boats are being turned around or docked or whatever IF I can't afford to buy a house. If I don't have security of employment to be able to put a roof over my and my families head, if I'm only given 5 hours work tomorrow at $25 per hour which makes it hard for me to put food on the table for my family. If our major capital cities are bursting at the seams and in dire need of modern infrastructure.

Get my drift? Let me explain further. In the mid 1980's you could buy a house in the northern suburbs of Melbourne anywhere from Northcote to Epping for around $65k. For that you would get a very comfortable family home. The average annual earning back then would have been around $17k. Therefore, for 4 times average annual earnings you could buy a house. You're a smart guy, how many times today's average annual earning do you need to buy a house? If you answer at least a dozen you get a badge.

Baby boomers were taught the power of the collective. Hence unionism was strong and employees conditions were improved and maintained. Enabling a greater security of employment. Take a good look at what the generation beneath have done under the motto of the power of one. You've moved away from supporting each other through unions. You've been divided and now you're copping a jolly good rogering on employee conditions. Serves you right.

You see my friend, the real issues are housing affordability, security of employment, capital city infrastructure, aged care for the aging population, the disgraceful imposition of tertiary education fees on people leaving them in debt before earning their first dollar, the reduction of tariffs which has killed our manufacturing industries.

Not gay marriage, a couple of boats on the horizon, climate change fearmongering. Yes, these are issues that can be dealt with responsibly. The problem is the woke brigade want to shoot down anyone that has an opposing idea. Not prepared to acknowledge the other person is perfectly ENTITLED to their view. Remember Margaret Court?

Last edited by a moderator:
FMD another mass shooting in the states , that country is completely and utterly ducked.
Huge respect for Steve Kerr when I saw this before today's Dubbs v Mavs game - hopefully there might be a groundswell of popular and well known people in the US speaking out with similar passion....

FMD another mass shooting in the states , that country is completely and utterly ducked.

I still remember my primary school banning toy guns at school after the Columbine Massacre.

23 years from then and the US still haven't learnt a thing :$

Terrible what has happened in Texas, hopefully this is the straw which finally starts the change.

I met an American lady a few years ago now, we were talking about a shooting, too many to remember which one it was. I said I'd lived in the States and understood their mentality, which I put simply as "they feel safe having a gun or 10 in their house, similarly to we feel safe by knowing you can't own one easily" She said it had been eye opening living in Australia. Her 18th birthday gift was a pistol, for safety, and she was pro gun growing up. After a few years of living in Australia and starting her own family, her vies had done a 180.

We will never understand as we don't live their life, jsut like they don't understand how we can live our life without them.

Terrible what has happened in Texas, hopefully this is the straw which finally starts the change.

I met an American lady a few years ago now, we were talking about a shooting, too many to remember which one it was. I said I'd lived in the States and understood their mentality, which I put simply as "they feel safe having a gun or 10 in their house, similarly to we feel safe by knowing you can't own one easily" She said it had been eye opening living in Australia. Her 18th birthday gift was a pistol, for safety, and she was pro gun growing up. After a few years of living in Australia and starting her own family, her vies had done a 180.

We will never understand as we don't live their life, jsut like they don't understand how we can live our life without them.

I get that, I do. They have a different history.
But in one country little kids are being gunned down in kindergarten.
In the other country they are not.

I get that, I do. They have a different history.
But in one country little kids are being gunned down in kindergarten.
In the other country they are not.
thats why it's so frustrating, it's always the innocent.

And when the Lobby's solution is to arm the teachers, you just aren't going to get anywhere 'debating it'.

Hopefully that can change

I still remember my primary school banning toy guns at school after the Columbine Massacre.

23 years from then and the US still haven't learnt a thing :$

I remember I was at work on a tour in the states while bavk now and group of like 16 of us we went to an indoor shooting range , we walked in one guy behind the counter that was it , he didn’t ask us for any Id’s nothing , we just bought whatever bullets for whatever guns we wanted to shoot and we were shooting everything . Even the checks for there were lapse , we could have been anyone especially as we all had differing accents etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, lets take this one point at a time as outlined by you:

1. Pensioners

5.4M Australians receiving income support. No doubt a substantial amount of Age Pensioners given our aging population. Are you suggesting these people don't deserve this? These are the people who worked and paid taxes up until their mid-60s at a time when superannuation was never heard of.

You're suggesting to me that women having kids to deliberately claim SPP is sexist. My friend, when you've done the rounds as a Centrelink Field Officer for 9 years and see what's going on out there come back and talk to me. Leave this stupid woke fall back position of calling someone sexist when he/she says something that may offend.

The SPP in it's original form of the Deserted Wife's Pension did not exist for anyone other than women who already HAD children and were deserted by their husbands. Changing the eligibility criteria to just being a SINGLE parent meant you no longer had to ever have been married/partnered, all you had to do was have a child. Am I being sexist when it's the female who has the child and claims the benefit?

The reason I call this a rort is because it is easy (as a male) to claim you have separated from your spouse, your spouse claims SPP and received an illegally derived pension each fortnight when there has been NO separation. Don't believe me? Go and do 9 years as a Centrelink Fieldy and you'll see.

In your first paragraph you are suggesting I'm saying our economy is falling down due to women. Another one that failed English comprehension at school.

2. Job Keeper

You're almost half right in saying JK was there for business. Half right because it was there for business to hold on to it's employees. The primary purpose of the payment was to enable those who could not attend their workplace through no fault of their own to survive.

3. Women in the workforce

When and were have I said women should not be in managerial roles? My point is very clear - give the role to the BEST person for that role, be it man, woman, white, black, yellow, red, straight, homosexual, IDGAF!! But lets not put quotas because then you don't get what I am suggesting.

4. Real Issues

Fat lot of good it's going to do me if the homosexuals down the road can get married, or if women are given 50% of managerial jobs, or if the boats are being turned around or docked or whatever IF I can't afford to buy a house. If I don't have security of employment to be able to put a roof over my and my families head, if I'm only given 5 hours work tomorrow at $25 per hour which makes it hard for me to put food on the table for my family. If our major capital cities are bursting at the seams and in dire need of modern infrastructure.

Get my drift? Let me explain further. In the mid 1980's you could buy a house in the northern suburbs of Melbourne anywhere from Northcote to Epping for around $65k. For that you would get a very comfortable family home. The average annual earning back then would have been around $17k. Therefore, for 4 times average annual earnings you could buy a house. You're a smart guy, how many times today's average annual earning do you need to buy a house? If you answer at least a dozen you get a badge.

Baby boomers were taught the power of the collective. Hence unionism was strong and employees conditions were improved and maintained. Enabling a greater security of employment. Take a good look at what the generation beneath have done under the motto of the power of one. You've moved away from supporting each other through unions. You've been divided and now you're copping a jolly good rogering on employee conditions. Serves you right.

You see my friend, the real issues are housing affordability, security of employment, capital city infrastructure, aged care for the aging population, the disgraceful imposition of tertiary education fees on people leaving them in debt before earning their first dollar, the reduction of tariffs which has killed our manufacturing industries.

Not gay marriage, a couple of boats on the horizon, climate change fearmongering. Yes, these are issues that can be dealt with responsibly. The problem is the woke brigade want to shoot down anyone that has an opposing idea. Not prepared to acknowledge the other person is perfectly ENTITLED to their view. Remember Margaret Court?
Well said Mate.

The problem is.The right to bare arms was written up when single shot guns were the only weapon back in the day.
Gun lobby is too powerful over there but surely now common sense has to come into play and alter the bill so that sure every american over the age of 18 can own a gun but that gun can only be a single shot.

The dick head who did this bought the 2 assault rifles - on his 18th birthday

FFS - "the right to bear arms"....

They just don’t get it over there and it will never ever change , they blaming it on mental health now and not the fact weapons are so easily bought , I mean fancy being able to just go to a shop and buy guns over a counter with no license no checks nothing .

I have been to 30 of the 50 states of the USA.
I have never really felt unsafe, until I went to Dallas.
Walking down a street I hear gunshots behind me.
Some dude was firing from a building while on the fourth floor.
The thing that astounded me was that the people walking towards it, just casually turned around and walked the other way.
The people already walking away from the incident just kept walking.
It was so blase.

They just don’t get it over there and it will never ever change , they blaming it on mental health now and not the fact weapons are so easily bought , I mean fancy being able to just go to a shop and buy guns over a counter with no license no checks nothing .

Mental health is absolutely a factor. Mentally healthy people don't go buying guns and shooting up schools. It just doesn't justify their "right to bear arms" rubbish.

Every school here has at least one kid who would be at risk of having a breakdown and shooting up a school if given the opportunity, it just doesn't happen because we are actually smart when it comes to gun control.

Mental health is absolutely a factor. Mentally healthy people don't go buying guns and shooting up schools. It just doesn't justify their "right to bear arms" rubbish.

Every school here has at least one kid who would be at risk of having a breakdown and shooting up a school if given the opportunity, it just doesn't happen because we are actually smart when it comes to gun control.

Yeah I agree , but if you listen to a lot of them in the states they just say gun control wouldn’t help which is ludicrous .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back