North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be taking as many picks as we like and there's not a single thing you can do about it

We actually DID re-locate!

Also weren't you bottom last year as well?

I think you give good feedback on occasion Will but if you're going to start with relocation garbage because a team is having a bad run a decade later then it just presents as clueless. No need to cheapen yourself as a pundit.

Correct.
At this moment in time it’s north and WC at the bottom.
No priority picks needed.
They just need to make good decisions and work bloody hard.
Now get on with it …

They will get one whether we like it or not based on current projections, they are on track for an historically bad season, they more than qualify for one.

And yes I am happy for their pick to be in the top 5 of the draft (be fun to see Essendon pushed back a spot too)

They will get one whether we like it or not based on current projections, they are on track for an historically bad season, they more than qualify for one.

And yes I am happy for their pick to be in the top 5 of the draft (be fun to see Essendon pushed back a spot too)

All north qualify for is some hard work and good decision making.
Next …

You wouldn't be saying this if it was any of the previous 20 years.

You wouldn't be saying this if it was any of the previous 20 years.

No team has finished the season with only 1 or 2 wins in that time frame you mention.
Yeah some/a lot of North's problems are their own fault/self inflicted, but they have also been victims of some unforseen disasters and issues (like the Rhyce Shaw breakdown)

The question for me now is firmly, what not IF North gets a Priority Pick but WHAT type of assistance it will be.

End of first round or access to state league players is simply inadequate given the state of their list.

Of course they need to get their act together off field too, that goes without saying.

All north qualify for is some hard work and good decision making.
Next …
Spot on....
Also traded out tasty early pick in 2019, which not ideal move.
Caleb Serong could have been an ideal pick.
Need to remove ordinary coach and reset about the hard work.
Noble is not going to work.
Peel the band aid off as soon as possible or tread water like we did under Teague.

Last edited:
And South Melbourne should have been left to rot and fade away. The VFL didn't need Sydney, and the AFL still don't.
The AFL would have zero credibility as a national competition without Sydney.
The Swans attract very good TV numbers and very good sponsors.

The AFL doesn't need 9 teams in Melbourne. That is obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton 2018

2W 59%

Two state league players is the going rate for a team that already has plenty of young talent. More worried about the Eagles who may finish below them yet.

Care to place a wager on that ?

Also it's blatantly obvious that North DOES NOT have enough quality young talent, I do not understand this line of thinking, quite frankly, they certainly are not performing on field like it.

just fold them they're utterly useless and never will be anything. you might as well have a bendigo team if you're gonna have north melbourne

Honestly wouldn't mind a team in Bendigo. Petrol prices is making it a real pain in the arse to drive down to Melbourne to watch the footy.

North Victoria Kangaroos.

Just on Carlton and 2018, one of yne reasons we were knocked back a priority pick I believe is that we already had a few under the old system, and the AFL (rightly or wrongly, probably the former tbh) decided we have already had enough feed from the trough.

North, on the other hand, have never had a Priority Pick or even asked for one, I honestly think that has to be factored in. It's bad for the rest of the 17 clubs (including my mob) if North are going to consistently bad, with little to no hope on field (in terms of TV ratings and attendences etc)

And no, Tassie do not want them or any other relocated club, so can please cut that nonsense out. Its just trolling at this point

just fold them they're utterly useless and never will be anything. you might as well have a bendigo team if you're gonna have north melbourne

The way Port have been travelling in finals over the past decade, North will win a flag before Port Power (est 1997) does :)

I empathise fully with North fans. Putting up with constant digs about how your club should fold etc sucks, especially when you've invested years of your time into supporting them.

It's particularly distasteful when it comes from fans of teams such as Melbourne, St Kilda and the Bulldogs, who have all been fairly shit over the last 60 years, have small supporter bases and could (and did) have similar arguments made about them.

Right now, North are terrible and are years off being a competitor again, but Melbourne were just as bad in 2013 and made a prelim five years later, then won a premiership three years after that. These things take time.

Unfortunately, to get them on the right path, I think Noble has to go, as he just doesn't seem to have the requisite buy-in from his players, and I think they may be treading water for a while if they stick with him. Additionally, unless significant changes in his attitude are seen in the second half of the season, they should really consider trading Horne-Francis while he has that number one pick value.

Whilst the optics would look really bad initially, no player is bigger than the club, and for a 12-gamer, no matter how high of a pick he was, to be acting the way he does towards respected teammates like Todd Goldstein is a terrible look, and the sort of thing that sets a culture back significantly.

Now, he's 18, and will mature and become a good or even great player, but you need to start a rebuild with players that are committed to the club and the direction it's taking. I'm not sure if he is currently, and regardless, he's just one player on a long journey to the team being successful again.

North will be fine, they just need their supporters to stick around, some more good young kids, and to make smart decisions about the senior players they surround their kids with. Don't worry about chasing the Josh Kelly types, just get some experienced, high character fringe players in who can share the load while their kids develop.

I think teams that miss finals should never have their first pick disturbed but that PPs should be allocated from pick 11 onwards. I'd give North pick 11 and then another one at the start of the second round.

Also it's blatantly obvious that North DOES NOT have enough quality young talent, I do not understand this line of thinking, quite frankly, they certainly are not performing on field like it.

Find me a North guy on BF that doesn’t rate their young talent up there with the best in the league.

I’ve posted here for 55 years, there is nothing surer that a North supporter going full ‘Liam Anthony’ on every half decent player they draft.

A wager? I was merely correcting you.

They have no less talent than the Blues in 2018.

Find me a North guy on BF that doesn’t rate their young talent up there with the best in the league.

I’ve posted here for 55 years, there is nothing surer that a North supporter going full ‘Liam Anthony’ on every half decent player they draft.
Is Shaun Atley still the next Chris Judd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back