Socceroos World Cup Qualifier Intercontinental Play-Off Peru V Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost no way they will let Arnie go before the WC22. You could make an argument that he's earnt the right, even if he would not be my choice of coach.

Also, playing just about the entire campaign in the middle east definitely helped in these sudden death games/ will help in the WC.

Probably one of the most comfortable cut throat games I've ever seen. Pretty much 120 mins of no concerns about conceding. We looked really comfortable.

Peru got their tactics dead wrong. I know we dress like Brazil but the power of the green and gold must run deep.

Imagine playing us and not trying to stretch us in the wings and challenging Beich or Atkinson?

They seemed content to wait till the 2nd half of extra time to mount any urgency and still it was only a few mins.

Crazy stuff

Probably one of the most comfortable cut throat games I've ever seen. Pretty much 120 mins of no concerns about conceding. We looked really comfortable.

Peru got their tactics dead wrong. I know we dress like Brazil but the power of the green and gold must run deep.

Imagine playing us and not trying to stretch us in the wings and challenging Beich or Atkinson?

They seemed content to wait till the 2nd half of extra time to mount any urgency and still it was only a few mins.

Crazy stuff
They seemed to be under instruction not to make runs in behind Atkinson but rather hold shape which seem crazy to me given what Al-Maazmi did to him in the UAE game.

Almost no way they will let Arnie go before the WC22. You could make an argument that he's earnt the right, even if he would not be my choice of coach.

Also, playing just about the entire campaign in the middle east definitely helped in these sudden death games/ will help in the WC.
Feel like European teams, coming from start of winter season, will be shocked at the temperatures and dryness of Qatar. Peru made no secret of how annoyed they were having to play the play off in Doha. They weren’t prepared for the heat, as it showed.
Australia have been training for two weeks exclusively in Doha.

Feel like European teams, coming from start of winter season, will be shocked at the temperatures and dryness of Qatar. Peru made no secret of how annoyed they were having to play the play off in Doha. They weren’t prepared for the heat, as it showed.

Wont be a factor in late Nov / Dec.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are they bitching about playing in an air conditioned stadium ?

Classic moment during our 3rd penalty - whilst the Peruvian goalkeeper was in goal Redmayne went over to the Peruvian goalkeepers water bottle and ripped off a list of our goaltakers preferred penalty takes that was stuck on the bottle - screwed up the list threw it over the fence as well as the water bottle - after we scored the 3rd pen the Peru goalkeeper went to find his water bottle and couldn't find it and was checking everywhere whilst getting brutally mocked by the Aussie crowd.

Redmayne wasn't only playing games on the goal line

Last edited:
Classic moment during our 3rd penalty - whilst the Peruvian goalkeeper was in goal Redmayne went over to the Peruvian goalkeepers water bottle and ripped off a list of our goaltakers preferred penalties takes that was stuck on the bottle - screwed up the list threw it over the fence as well as the water bottle - after we scored the 3rd pen the Peru goalkeeper went to find his water bottle and couldn't find it and was checking everywhere whilst getting brutally mocked by the Aussie crowd.

Redmayne wasn't only playing games on the goal line
Is that true? That's ******* epic if so and shows we're finally getting smarter, that's something South American teams would have done to us in the past

No. Only Peru did.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

When is the

Crazy stuff
Peru had a header hit the bar in ET I think. That would've been devastating. I was pretty surprised at generally how tame they looked, really expected them to threaten more.

They stood up pretty well defensively though, which I expected based on their recent scorelines in other matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back