Game Day Lions V Dogs Gabba EOFY 30/6/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mental lapses with effort will be key. Must play 4 quarters.
Agree. Three key ingredients:
  • Switched on throughout. No lapses.
  • Midfield prevails or at least provides massive pressure to prevent easy i50 entries for Brisbane.
  • Goal kicking accuracy / forward efficiency. i.e. A decent return for our typically large number of i50 entries.

Bevo's pregame speech:

Boys, listen up. In the US in the 1970s inflation was out of control. Paul Volcker became Fed chair in '79 and vowed to tame it. Let me tell you, once inflationary expectations have set in that is one hard beast to tame. Volcker had to raise interest rates to almost 20% and push unemployment over 10%. They were bloody tough times. But by the end of his reign, inflation was under control. This paved the way for The Great Moderation, the period of financial stability you boys were born into. Tonight, we face an opponent whose scoring could easily get out of control. We need to channel the great Volcker to tame their forwards. We need to tackle hard and restrain them like Volcker restrained the economy. There will be no inflation of the scoreboard on our watch!

Just got a high-five from Bailey Dale. Don’t care about the result or anything else now.

Do you get through a family sized pizza in one sitting or do you normally have leftovers? I could usually have it in one sitting but I feel horrible afterwards.
Usually takes me two days to finish. Three slices for dinner(gone already!), two during the match and one cold later on tonight. Two slices for brunch tomorrow and the last two during the rest of the day. Total cost was only $20.16 delivered.

I say F**k the whinging Swans supporters. I wouldn’t give them the time of day. Biggest bunch of fu*king wingers I’ve ever seen. I’m sick of the narrative that says we get favourable or biased treatment from the umpires. I just think we play a more disciplined game plus we tend to win the contested ball count most weeks so first to the ball tends to get a few more frees as well.

That’s not to say we don’t get the odd gift ala Dunkley last week which was a bullsh*t decision and we got lucky but those are just mistakes. There are plenty that should be paid and aren’t as well. Some teams just play very ill disciplined and that’s why they give away too many frees and we play to the rules and use that to our advantage, that’s smart, it’s got nothing to do with the bias that Swans supporters constantly go on about, and every other team for that matter.
Wow. Did you actually read my post that you replied to?! I made no mention of favouritism or bias, or umpiring in general. My entire post was a discussion specifically regarding handballing and the prevalence of what used to be considered throws "across the board", and I cited our 2016 handballing technique as being part of the process to where the entire league is now, and how we may have played a part in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo's pregame speech:

Boys, listen up. In the US in the 1970s inflation was out of control. Paul Volcker became Fed chair in '79 and vowed to tame it. Let me tell you, once inflationary expectations have set in that is one hard beast to tame. Volcker had to raise interest rates to almost 20% and push unemployment over 10%. They were bloody tough times. But by the end of his reign, inflation was under control. This paved the way for The Great Moderation, the period of financial stability you boys were born into. Tonight, we face an opponent whose scoring could easily get out of control. We need to channel the great Volcker to tame their forwards. We need to tackle hard and restrain them like Volcker restrained the economy. There will be no inflation of the scoreboard on our watch!
Lol I can almost envisage Bevo saying something like that.

… as long as it‘s cerebral enough for our intellectual heroes in R W & B.

How many times will we see Bailey Dale going 60m straight down the middle to Keath from a kick-out while Daniher is standing still?

Yummm Chicago1, hopefully that tastes as good as I imagine it would, given the way I’m feeling and everything tastes like crap I can just imagine how good that pizza will be. Hope it does the trick for the boys as well.
Hope you and your daughter(say hi for me!) are feeling better. I've managed to stay free from Covid but I don't get out much to catch it. I decided not to go to the local shopping centre today with my aged care helper after I got a haircut just to be on the safe side. Even though I've had my four doses and the flu shot I can't afford to take any chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back