• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've worked it out - Hately is Dmac without the kicking skills.

Averages the same amount of possessions (roughly), weak body so can't play midfield and is prone to comical errors.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can't play midfield? His best games this year was playing in the midfield, what have you been watching?

North are getting smashed by 10+ goals and not even competitive against the top teams.
They are just worse then us, if we take the 4 wins against them in the last 2 years, how much difference is there in wins and losses. There are not many and we are poor.
If they get one, we want one

A lot of Crows strategy appears to be bizarre KPI worship. The sort of things that tends to lead to/from good play, but aren't good in an of themselves. They seem to be almost willing to give up goals to boost these ratings.

Three examples I noted from this game:
  • As per usual a lot of goals conceded from defensive 50 stoppages. Players cutting off the passing options of the player in possession, but forgetting to block the unopposed route to goal.
  • Good individual defensive efforts from Crows defenders preventing an easy mark in the Hawthorn forward 50. But then forgetting that a dropped mark in forward 50 = a loose ball in forward 50 = opportunity for a crumbed goal
  • Noting that forcing the opposition into hack long bombs from defense is a good thing. Adelaide Defence pushes so far forward that hack kicks are actually a good tactic for the Hawks, because they clear the last defender and Hawthorn players run onto it and score (first 2 goals and kind of the the third of the last quarter were from this.)

They are just worse then us, if we take the 4 wins against them in the last 2 years, how much difference is there in wins and losses. There are not many and we are poor.
If they get one, we want one
Have you seen North beat some of the top 4 or even 8 teams in the last 2 years and been competitive against them?

Apart from 15 minutes in the 3rd quarter, Far king awful to watch.

Ugly -
Butts - but he stays
Murray - not AFL standard
Rowe - Unsighted
ROB - just faawk

Bad -
Jones - and its not his fault
Hately - we are done here
Dawson - prob his worst game this year
Tex - see Dawson
Smith - WTF is happening here

Just ok -

Fog - we didnt really give a chance
Doedee - not bad
Parnell - he is a keeper
Schoenberg - at least he had a crack
Laird - lots of it

Good -
Thilthorpe - keeps building
Berry - machine

Deplorable -
Selection - FFS

If this continues we'll have to pay Nicks out for 2024 - it'd be the third successive coach we'd pay out (Sanderson, Pyke, Nicks) due to administrative incompetence.
If there is no escape hatch on that contract in the form of KPIs, it means the club's admin is grossly incompetent. Sacking him will be meaningless as the people who choose his replacement are idiots.

Good: Getting games into the young players
Bad: Playing the young players out of position in favour of said Senior players who aren't up to it

Refreshing to hear Bickley finally saying it - that our past selections are now hurting us.

Lost in the first 15 minutes.
My best mate and I were fangin out on the rib-eye that I promised him (I took it off the bone, sliced it in two and each portion was still over an inch thick). I said:
"If the Crows get 3 or 4 goals behind in the first 10 or so minutes, we're done; gonna be a long day".

Well, waddaya know ...

Walker cracks the shits at the young player but campaigns for Crouch's selection. Boys club.
I like Tex, but would not be disappointed if he was not with us next year.

He is not part of our next Finals push and he has been the cause of a few late game fade outs this year with his attitude.

Don't really want to see him at another club, but think it might be for the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith made one bad error but was one of, if not the, best for the crows. Set up multiple goals and picked up the slack (along with Hamill) from Dawson's Sloane-esque effort to shake a tag.
I guess 2 score involvements is multiple.

Tell me how to access this alternate universe where Smith had a good game.

Smith made one bad error but was one of, if not the, best for the crows. Set up multiple goals and picked up the slack (along with Hamill) from Dawson's Sloane-esque effort to shake a tag.
Is this a post from2016?

Today he had 0 goal assists and 1 score involvement.

I only looked this up because I assumed he had more and this post was based on some statistical abnormality showing multiple goal assists/score involvements.

The eye test suggests he was terrible today.

Wow. The only positive I can see is that the game exposed the club for where we really sit which 2nd last or possibly worse than North. If those in charge think that's acceptable and don't make changes they aren't fit to be at any football club. Its evident to all that Nick's is no coach and is only worsening the club's pain. Ogilvie and Roo should step down as well. They shouldn't need to be pushed.

Laird had 20 possessions for 12 metres gained in the first half when the heat was on. That's actually almost impossible to do.
Possessions, Metres gained and average metres per disposal stats

Seniors
Laird: 42 poss/ 237 m/ 5 m per disp
Crouch: 28 poss/ 98 m/ 3.5 m per disp
Keays 30 poss/ 208 m/ 7 m per disp

Youth
Berry: 18 poss/ 409 m/ 22.7 m per disp
Schoenberg: 24 poss/ 334 m/ 14 m per disp

Hey Nicks, starting midfield is these two. Laird to HB, Keays to HF, Crouch to bench. Soligo, the 3 amigos, Dawson to rotate through. Hately to SANFL to learn how to kick

Good:
If we are deliberately tanking, then it was absolutely brilliantly done by Nicks. Brought in Crouch, who adds B&F level experience, but makes us worse. Pushed our actual best player in Dawson out of the game. When it looked like we were tanking too obviously, he pushed Dawson back into the middle. Suddenly we were really competitive. Then put Dawson forward again once we got close.

Bad:
If we aren't deliberately tanking.

Ugly:
Oh my God, what if we were actually trying and this was the coaches best efforts...

Back