West Coast - time for a rebuild?

How is Eddie Betts remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles fans actually do.

Why? Because the club knows how to do it without taking 10 years.

You and your fellow Blue Baggers should know plenty about that! ;) :tearsofjoy: :thumbsu:
We will see what happens.

Rubbish list, rubbish on field despite fielding a mature team. Best players are in their mid 30’s.

It’s a bad situation for the club.

Not sure why WCE are disadvantaged with regard to father son. They have been in the competition for 35 years.

Are you saying Collingwood have more father sons because they are influential?

We've had three father sons on our list so it is indeed a dubious claim. If you extend it to the WAFL father-son recruits, we managed to secure Ben Cousins using that rule. The sons of Matera and Mainwaring may be capable as well within a couple of years. It's all rather random anyway - there is no guarantee the son of Chris Judd will be AFL capable or even pick West Coast.

I don't think Freo have had even one yet.

Father son is luck of the draw. Nick Daicos is a gun, great, but Josh Daicos went pick 57. He's been OK but nobody is jumping up and down because Collingwood have him.

We've had Jacob Brennan and Alec and Jake Waterman as father sons from our 1992/94 flag sides. Those teams are 50-60 years old so around the age you'd expect for the next generation to be draft age. Peter Matera had a kid who wasn't drafted. Chris Mainwaring has a kid who is playing WAFL reserves. Kemp, Jakovich, Worsfold, McKenna, Sumich etc. has so far produced very little. Meanwhile Jeremy McGovern is a 4 time AA key defender and his dad was a nuggety back pocket 20cm shorter who had an unremarkable career with Sydney and Freo.

Getting a gun F/S can be a huge leg up but it's pretty rare to get a Gary Ablett Sr/Jr situation.

They probably would of got Robertson, Sharp and Warner if they didn’t bring Kelly in,

Pretty much every other club overlooked Warner twice, I'd be more pissed if my team had say, two picks in the early 30s in that draft and still didn't pick him...

The other two.......tbh I'd probably rather have Kelly even given our position.

We've had three father sons on our list so it is indeed a dubious claim. If you extend it to the WAFL father-son recruits, we managed to secure Ben Cousins using that rule. The sons of Matera and Mainwaring may be capable as well within a couple of years. It's all rather random anyway - there is no guarantee the son of Chris Judd will be AFL capable or even pick West Coast.

I don't think Freo have had even one yet.

Brett Peake...Clem Michael should've been but wasn't for some reason.

But no true father sons yet...

We will see what happens.

Rubbish list, rubbish on field despite fielding a mature team. Best players are in their mid 30’s.

It’s a bad situation for the club.
Going by your post...

Eagles sound like the saints side of 2012.

Saints had their finals run of 2008-11.

Guys like Riewoldt, Milne, Kozi, Montagna, Hayes etc all of those good players were aged 30 or over.

Saints had some guys aged 21 or under.

As for the saints players aged 24-27? I remember they had guys like James gwilt. LoL

Not sure why WCE are disadvantaged with regard to father son. They have been in the competition for 35 years.

Are you saying Collingwood have more father sons because they are influential?

Go look at the father son ladder.

Collingwood a mile in front.

Its not hard to see nor understand. It is a simple math excersise.

Currently Moore, 2 x Brown's, 2 x Daicos.

LoL as if being a 35 year old club is a disadvantage to father son rule.

Seems like everyone has kids before they're 25 these days.

Maybe Simmo should start inforcing a 3 child policy to better our odds

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is when other clubs have 3 x the number of ex players producing sons or daughters.

Its a math excercise. And before you mention WAFL clubs the kids need to nominate. If there is no direct link of father to club that diminishes the reason to nominate.

Its a system supporting / appeezing the power clubs and Eddie back in the day when his views were listened to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, it was an accurate comment.

Lol. Zero upside for any player at the Eagles.

People who make absolute statements like that are immature trolls., like you.

And Freo supporters who agree.............well we all know why. Jealousy and being insecure is all you know.

Enjoy your moment in the sun, before big brother bounces back and show you how its done. Yet again. ;) :thumbsu: :cool:

Lol. Zero upside for any player at the Eagles.

People who make absolute statements like that are immature trolls., like you.

And Freo supporters who agree.............well we all know why. Jealousy and being insecure is all you know.

Enjoy your moment in the sun, before big brother bounces back and show you how its done. Yet again. ;) :thumbsu: :cool:
The irony of referring to me as immature, whilst all the while using a ridiculously juvenile term like "big brother" is delicious. Couple that with the fact that you slandered me for making "absolute statements", just before making a gross generalisation about an entire supporter base, and the irony meter is broken.

The irony of referring to me as immature, whilst all the while using a ridiculously juvenile term like "big brother" is delicious. Couple that with the fact that you slandered me for making "absolute statements", just before making a gross generalisation about an entire supporter base, and the irony meter is broken.

Whatever floats your boat. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

What is delicicious is insecure Freo fans obsession with petty, immature point scoring against anything West Coast.

Why is that I wonder?

Top teams go through cycles. They win flags, the premiership list gets old and then premiership players retire. Then great clubs rebuild and win it again.

So remind us. What cycle is Freo in again?

Now run off and watch a replay of your deby wins, its all you have buddy. And you and everyone else knows it.

And every time you post silly little jibes you remind everyone how inadequate and insecure you really are. So feel free, keep on posting and act the fool.

;)

I think there are some really good kids on the list and I'm looking forward to seeing how guys like Williams, Bazzo and Hough come on. I don't think we can really make any calls on them this year, but I'm looking forward to seeing them at 50-60 games.

I'm on the fence with Rotham. I was a fan of his but seems to have stagnated. I think what hasn't helped is that the Eagles back 7 is under fire for large parts of the game. Having said that, Edwards has thrived in the cauldron. It's also a shame we didn't see enough of Chesser. I liked his neat kicking in the U18s.

There's certainly some upside, and a really interesting discussion.

Shame these threads just turn into 'Eagles win - Freo shit' It's really boring. There are so many more interesting things we could be discussing.

Whatever floats your boat. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

What is delicicious is insecure Freo fans obsession with petty, immature point scoring against anything West Coast.

Why is that I wonder?

Top teams go through cycles. They win flags, the premiership list gets old and then premiership players retire. Then great clubs rebuild and win it again.

So remind us. What cycle is Freo in again?

Now run off and watch a replay of your deby wins, its all you have buddy. And you and everyone else knows it.

And every time you post silly little jibes you remind everyone how inadequate and insecure you really are. So feel free, keep on posting and act the fool.

;)
Yeah, that did float my boat actually, because calling you out was most enjoyable!
Oh, it's all I know is it? Nice to see you're telepathic. :laughing: Be gone with you.

It’s going to be a tough and long rebuild for West Coast. They have no quality kids coming through. It’s a really really poor list. I cannot even think of one decent youngster they have coming through. Many pending retirements of older heads, broken down bodies like Shuey, Nic Nat, Kennedy will retire. Patrick simply isn’t that effective in a poor team. McGovern is getting on. This is a bad bad list. And the pain hasnt even started. Eagles are in for a decade of pain and suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back