List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

Jon Ralph just said Buddy will be signing with Sydney in coming weeks.
And before tonights game said the deal with McStay and Collingwood was done - $3M x 5 yrs - cant say i like these journos taking such glee in a player leaving a club whilst there has been no announcement by that player of his original cluib. Doubt the same thing happens if it was a Pies player joining an interstate club in the same circumstances.

Wouldn't be disappointed if Gardiner left as a RFA I don't know exactly how much he earns but if the list I saw a while back is accurate then it is disproportionate for his worth to us.
He's been out of form and deserves to be dropped but I'm not sure Fagan would ever drop him.

Wouldn't be disappointed if Gardiner left as a RFA I don't know exactly how much he earns but if the list I saw a while back is accurate then it is disproportionate for his worth to us.
He's been out of form and deserves to be dropped but I'm not sure Fagan would ever drop him.
yeah appears he is in our top 10 paid players hence the RFA. For a back, mostly matching up on the oppositions 4th best forward (Starc takes the 2nd or 3rd most dangerous) it is disproportionate and I reckon Brisbane's contract offer reflects that reality.

yeah appears he is in our top 10 paid players hence the RFA. For a back, mostly matching up on the oppositions 4th best forward (Starc takes the 2nd or 3rd most dangerous) it is disproportionate and I reckon Brisbane's contract offer reflects that reality.
A player only needs to a top 10 paid player in the last year of his contract, to be a RFA.

So Gardiner could have had a disproportionately high, back ended contract, for him to be a RFA this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player only needs to a top 10 paid player in the last year of his contract, to be a RFA.

So Gardiner could have had a disproportionately high, back ended contract, for him to be a RFA this year.
Possibly, but also when he was offered the contract some 4 or so years ago, we were not as strong or an apparent respected club as we are now. Club was paying overs to keep and attract players. Gardiner was also developing nicely as a foil for Andrews so I believe he would be on good coin. Don't you find it strange there has been no club announcement regarding his signing as a boost for the club?

He’s obviously in the top 25% of the Lions salary cap being he’s a Restricted agent so you’d say 650k to 700k

it would have to about that this year because of he’s backloaded contract and he’s Restricted ability this season
No, it wouldn’t.

It was pure speculation on my part that he could be on a back ended contract.

It’s also quite conceivable that the 9th highest player on our list could be on $450k this year. Especially if the top 8 highest players account for $5m to 6m of the salary cap.

No, it wouldn’t.

It was pure speculation on my part that he could be on a back ended contract.

It’s also quite conceivable that the 9th highest player on our list could be on $450k this year. Especially if the top 8 highest players account for $5m to 6m of the salary cap.
Pure speculation from me but you would think if he is on $450K (i think more like $550K) and Lions have offered close to that he would re-sign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back