Review Rd 21 - 1 of 6 Down, Freo Get Up Over the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I will say this too. Despite being copped severe criticism in the last month, Alex Pearce had a solid game.

Not yesterday. Whoever was dishing out his little tidbits of knowledge like he was god’s guru needs a massive punch in the tip.

I know who you mean , not sure of his name
Real monotone annoying know it all voice .
I was listening to them yesterday while driving and got to hear Freddy described as a tall forward…
Haha
Yes I remember that.
Yeh they just make s**t up most of the time
Grandstand is a Pretty good call in general though

100%.

Contracts gives player security and they have to pay the piper.

Gives another year to find a replacement for Lobb.

Personally I would offer him a 2 year contract extension.
He is definitely worth 2 more years
One of the best in the comp when he is on
I hope he stays

100%.

Contracts gives player security and they have to pay the piper.

Gives another year to find a replacement for Lobb.

Personally I would offer him a 2 year contract extension.
I would too.

I hope Lobb signs a 2 year deal until 2025.

It's slowly becoming a full circle.

If Lobb stays, that means we can have a 4 year finals run from 2022-25.

So it's like 2012-15 all over again.

Just watching the replay now and something that has jumped out at me is the celebrations after Brayshaw's goal at the 16 min mark of the 3rd qtr.

I'd be all for pulling the trigger on him being captain next year if he was happy he was ready. He'll be at 100 games by then and he clearly has an amazing rapport with the group.

I'm not one of those 'Fyfe makes us worse' looneys, but go look at the reaction of Brayshaw's teammates to him after that goal - and him to them - and compare that to Fyfe kicking goals earlier this year. I do get the sense there is a disconnect between Fyfe and our younger group. I'm not saying that's Fyfe's fault, it's just indicative of where our demographic is at.

Fyfe still has a very important role to play, but I think taking the captaincy off him will help both him and the team.

I started listening to the ABC call yesterday but switched over as soon as Mark McLure said in the preview that "Fremantle can't win in Victoria".
Most people reckon his nickname is "Sellers" but it's really "Cellars" cos if that comment is anything to go by that's where he spends most of his time.

Just watching the replay now and something that has jumped out at me is the celebrations after Brayshaw's goal at the 16 min mark of the 3rd qtr.

I'd be all for pulling the trigger on him being captain next year if he was happy he was ready. He'll be at 100 games by then and he clearly has an amazing rapport with the group.

I'm not one of those 'Fyfe makes us worse' looneys, but go look at the reaction of Brayshaw's teammates to him after that goal - and him to them - and compare that to Fyfe kicking goals earlier this year. I do get the sense there is a disconnect between Fyfe and our younger group. I'm not saying that's Fyfe's fault, it's just indicative of where our demographic is at.

Fyfe still has a very important role to play, but I think taking the captaincy off him will help both him and the team.

Fyfe has made us worse

Unpopular opinion but its true

He's one of my fav all time players but he isn't fit enough. He isn't a natural forward and his field kicking is ordinary.

The midfield is settled again. All our best games have been without him.

Watch him become available for finals and come in without game time. Get a handful of possessions and add less than the bloke he replaces.

I'd love to see Brayshaw step up as captan next year, but I noticed the team getting around Fyfe pretty hard on return from injury. From what hear, the boys love him... some in the media on the other hand...

Fyfe has made us worse

He's one of my fav all time players but he isn't fit enough. He isn't a natural forward and his field kicking is ordinary.

Watch him become available for finals and come in without game time. Get a handful of possessions and add less than the bloke he replaces.
I reckon he can become a damn good CHF that rotates through the midfield. Anyone can learn to kick for goals it just takes time and patience. I do agree that bringing him back into our b22 is probably the wrong call for finals though. Regardless, they will force him in on merit.

Fyfe has made us worse

Fyfe looked pretty sweet against the Saints. He tore their defenses apart and ran riot out of the middle in the 3rd qtr.

Yes he isnt fully fit but a 80% Fyfe is still pretty damn good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe looked pretty sweet against the Saints. He tore their defenses apart and ran riot out of the middle in the 3rd qtr.

Yes he isnt fully fit but a 80% Fyfe is still pretty damn good

I don't think he tore the Saints apart on the 3rd. He didn't get his hands on the ball in the centre more than any other of our mids

I reckon he can become a damn good CHF that rotates through the midfield. Anyone can learn to kick for goals it just takes time and patience. I do agree that bringing him back into our b22 is probably the wrong call for finals though. Regardless, they will force him in on merit.

Thats the thing. On merit could impede Freos chances on winning games come finals. No player should be above the team and club.

I do want him playing but only if he's in form

I don't think he tore the Saints apart on the 3rd. He didn't get his hands on the ball in the centre more than any other of our mids
That may be the case however it was what he did with it that made it great. He was able to stop their bigger bodies, ride the tackles and get the ball on the outside to Serong and Brayshaw. He didnt hurt the midfield mix like suggested, he complimented it.

My brain hurts reading the last few pages of this thread. I just don't see what other people see about Fyfe?

If Fyfe is fit he plays.

I think Fyfe having a crack in finals will be amazing, It's been so long between drinks he'll throw everything at it.

The whole team got around Fyfe when he kicked a goal, they started mobbing him as it hit the post too.

The best reaction so far this season that I've seen live is Jye Amiss, after taking that mark, Caleb Serong lined up behind him like an umpire making sure he didn't deviate from his line, not interfering with Jye at all just getting the best seat in the house.

Then almost as soon as the ball has left his boot Serong has the fists in the air celebrating and charging in towards Amiss, before Jye is confident to start celebrating himself he is being mobbed by a cheering team.

The sign of a good player is a good team player celebrating the success of team mates.

Serong, also this season, calling team mates in to get to Brandon Walker after he kicked his first goal.

Caleb Serong 2027 ✍️🤞 this week

Am on this train. Am an avid watcher of the OBYB podcast and its obvious from all who come on how much the young leaders are driving the club at the moment.

Theres a story from the Banfield episode that probably sums it up well. Fyfe has on the red 'cant touch him' vest. Gets the ball on the goal line, Bailey having already got in trouble once for tackling Fyfe just looks to corral him. Fyfe looks around for a target and runs into the goal post and proceeds to rip into Bailey.

I think the club has gone past having 1 player messiahs. It was such a legacy of Ross the Boss. The match winners will win you the game week in week out. This new dockers side on any given Saturday you can get a match winning performance from just about anyone in the 22. Whether than be Freddy, Lobb, Aish, Acres, shoota. Brayshaw can have 20 touches and be close to the most influential player on the ground due to sheer effort. I think that's a model that Brayshaw can lead better than Fyfe, who's leadership style would seem, from the outside looking in, to be of the 'get on my shoulders and I will take you to the promise land' style of yesteryear.

As a complete side note, was watching Ross on footy classified talk about the Adelaide camp saga and he was saying there was no way that Mcpharlin and Pav would let that happen.

No I rather keep Lobb for one more season
Let's see how it pans out. There is a balancing act between maximising performance / trade value / future development. My view is because of his age and our list profile Freo would be best served by moving him on as part of a deal that brought a developing young tall to the club. Of course, that's kinda contingent on Tabs being able to play out full games and he is having issues at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back