News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Tex is the actual leader and spiritual leader in this club.

Yes, occasionally he stuffs up but watch happens on the field on game day.

I tend to agree but one of the biggest myths of any club is that everyone like each other's.

There would be at least a few at the club that don't think much of Tex but that's no different to any other club or player.

They were also best mates which is a massive conflict. He reported to roo . In that press conference Burton arrogantly said that he could categorically say that no players had any issues from the camp! We now know that’s rubbish and if roo knew that at the time he’s culpable. If he didn’t then as the director of football he’s incompetent. Either way it’s untenable
"No lingering issues"

All Board members are volunteers
Correct. So then the next question is: what is actually his role as Director of Football bearing in mind, he is a volunteer? Does he actually have any real say in how the football department is run or is he the conduit between board and footy department?

I'm not surprised, I made the point last week that those in the football media who were weaponosing Eddie's book to attack Adelaide were not looking after Eddie's wellbeing.

The book was supposed to be about his life, but the AFL media have hijacked his big moment and essentially ruined it.

I feel sorry for Eddie that he now feels like he can't go and promote his book due to all this crap.
The book was also written by someone from the Age apparently!

Correct. So then the next question is: what is actually his role as Director of Football bearing in mind, he is a volunteer? Does he actually have any real say in how the football department is run or is he the conduit between board and footy department?
All I know he sits on the list management committee with the CEO and the rest of the footy department.

Basically he’s a middle person between board and footy department. Leigh Matthews on 5AA spoke about the role of a board member and how much information they would have known about the camp.

All I know he sits on the list management committee with the CEO and the rest of the footy department.

Basically he’s a middle person between board and footy department. Leigh Matthews on 5AA spoke about the role of a board member and how much information they would have known about the camp.
Assuming they’d been told.

Assuming they’d been told.
If Burton & Pyke had done something completely rogue and kept the rest of the club completely in the dark, then had it blow up in our faces...

The club would have been apoplectic with rage and acted accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs - LOL, why is he even in the picture. What an opportunist, Jog on you irrelevant hack.

Jenkins - Many Crows supporters were calling him mouthy, self centred and toxic well before the camp. Used this opportunity to pile onto the clubs and it's supporters. "Loves the club" - give me a break.

Betts - Saw an interview with him - he looked abit shell-shocked. IMO he was in it to sell a few books and was a little overwhelmed that sections of the media fused themselves to the camp chapter and ran with it, blowing it completely out of proportion. I thought his comment "read it and let's move on" was quite telling.

Riccuito - Just hurry up and go.

The AFC - given most of those responsible are no longer around, the club quite rightly apologised but time to move on. Who gives a **** what Caro and the Melbourne media think. As a non-vic club in a Victorian centric competition, we are pretty much irrelevant anyway.
Way to victim shame. This club used private information that they said to each person wouldn’t be used . They have never admitted this part specifically and have only apologised now because it’s back in the media. That’s the real issue. Agreed that roo has to go

Exactly. No one reports to him
Ok so even if not reporting to him what’s his responsibility here in your opinion??his best friend gets the role! There were very strong rumours from multiple sources that Burton wasn’t working out prior to the camp too. What is the director of football responsible for ?

Way to victim shame. This club used private information that they said to each person wouldn’t be used . They have never admitted this part specifically and have only apologised now because it’s back in the media. That’s the real issue. Agreed that roo has to go
Saw this tweeted today...not sure if it's new or old, but pretty much covers most of the alleged complaints..

If Burton & Pyke had done something completely rogue and kept the rest of the club completely in the dark, then had it blow up in our faces...

The club would have been apoplectic with rage and acted accordingly.
Go back to before it all turned to shit. Do you think a pre season footy camp - and they do them every single year - has to be ratified by the board?

I think another important angle is to ask “how much did Collective Minds divulge in the details of the camp activities to the AFC?”

It could be as simple as “we plan to get up close and personal with the players and get into their deepest fears”.

Or more definitively sinister “we plan to sink our teeth into all their childhood traumas and then use it against them and share it to the other players, and possibly, this may spread to the media at a later stage”.

Go back to before it all turned to s**t. Do you think a pre season footy camp - and they do them every single year - has to be ratified by the board?
Yes

Budgets alone dictate that there needs to be sign offs

Requirements for medical staff etc

Just consider this - they would have needed to get approval not to take the player welfare manager on the trip because it was Man Time and she'd only get in the way

I think another important angle is to ask “how much did Collective Minds divulge in the details of the camp activities to the AFC?”

It could be as simple as “we plan to get up close and personal with the players and get into their deepest fears”.

Or more definitively sinister “we plan to sink our teeth into all their childhood traumas and then use it against them and share it to the other players, and possibly, this may spread to the media at a later stage”.
Clearly the AFC wasn't blindsided because we continued to work with them after the camp

They did exactly what we wanted them to do

Heck, how did they get the player's phone numbers in the first place?

Does a board of a football club approve an annual pre season football camp? Honest question - is that what happens at every club?
Probably not but what you would think someone with the title of director of football would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back