Player Watch Nick Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll put my hand up and say I was wrong.

I thought he was a complete donkey earlier this year. The coaches would prefer to play 1 defender at times than play him, but he has proved us all silly. His last month or two I have barely noticed him (in a good way).

Not concerned as his dispoals numbers if he keeps his opponent quiet. Although once he does start finding the ball, boy can he kick a mile.

Hope he keeps it up and we build some defensive depth. After Butts and Murray it is a bit bleek.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was playing like a donkey. Best thing is to just give young players time whether that be in the afl or sanfl.

I'll put my hand up and say I was wrong.

I thought he was a complete donkey earlier this year. The coaches would prefer to play 1 defender at times than play him, but he has proved us all silly. His last month or two I have barely noticed him (in a good way).

Not concerned as his dispoals numbers if he keeps his opponent quiet. Although once he does start finding the ball, boy can he kick a mile.

Hope he keeps it up and we build some defensive depth. After Butts and Murray it is a bit bleek.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I love his wrecking ball approach, nothing dirty about it either. Just attacks the contest and ball so hard. I'd hate to have him coming at me full speed because you know he's not going to blink or back out over a collision.

Whether it's deliberate or not this kid, much like Fogarty, play to physically hurt the opposition. Hard to believe they are only 21 and 22 respectively. Physically imposing weapons who will be monsters for this club for a decade.

You could see he had it in him 2 years ago.
That, with him hobbling Finlayson then hitting the floor like a cat to follow up in his only(I think) CBA.

I'm so glad we waited till the last 10 minutes of the season to let him off the leash again. Not.
I'd hope we be exploring these options a bit more early next season.

Bugger McHenry, there's your pressure fwd/2nd Ruck.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

having reflex hand skills in congested area, giving the ball to outside runners, reflex decisions

Gotcha,thanks and agreed.

I'm not convinced he couldn't improve in those areas given a licence to hunt ball instead of man though. Seems like a very honest player who would try to play his role as close to textbook as possible.
He does seem quite bouncy and quick to react in certain situations though and whenlock down KPDs aren't really known for their slick hand skills or reflex decision making as they are usually more concerned with the player than the ball or rebound.

All I can say is nothing ventured nothing gained with Murray.

Gotcha,thanks and agreed.

I'm not convinced he couldn't improve in those areas given a licence to hunt ball instead of man though. Seems like a very honest player who would try to play his role as close to textbook as possible.
He does seem quite bouncy and quick to react in certain situations though and whenlock down KPDs aren't really known for their slick hand skills or reflex decision making as they are usually more concerned with the player than the ball or rebound.

All I can say is nothing ventured nothing gained with Murray.
I think he can crash and bash, basic instructions and he’ll give it his all.KISS

That's all he's been tested with sofar.

3 minutes in our forward line and he takes Mark of the year.

1 minute worth of CBA and he pulls off 2 of the best hit outs to his own advantage we have seen since the arrival of NicNat.

Agree to disagree, but I think the kid is a footy Savant dressed in Yokel clothing.

All this crash and bash maiming of players is just him acting out in frustration at being played in defence I reckon.

That's all he's been tested with sofar.

3 minutes in our forward line and he takes Mark of the year.

1 minute worth of CBA and he pulls off 2 of the best hit outs to his own advantage we have seen since the arrival of NicNat.

Agree to disagree, but I think the kid is a footy Savant dressed in Yokel clothing.

All this crash and bash maiming of players is just him acting out in frustration at being played in defence I reckon.
I don’t see him playing with much composure, seems to win the footy and then try to kick the bladder out of the pigskin, recall him doing in the showdown OOTF

I don’t see him playing with much composure, seems to win the footy and then try to kick the bladder out of the pigskin, recall him doing in the showdown OOTF

Would fit in perfectly with our midfield and fwd entry gameplan then.

Nah there are definitely some rough edges to iron out, but I'm not willing to put the Hartigan label on him just yet.

He's our most athletic.

Touch of the Nigel Smarts...
Yes good call. Has that inate abilty to know when to peel off and attack ball whilst measuring his attack enough to not(often at this stage) let his opponent drop out of reach should the ball come back over his head.

The confidence and cleanliness of his attack/rebound will come with another half season I'm sure.
I love his body on body positioning and think it's already the best of the 4 talls even if he is still a bit green and gets moved out of the contest a little easily. Early days.

Anyway I'll stop crapping on about Worell in my boy Smash's thread.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back