Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt the Judge would be talking about motive if he was working up to "no guilty".
He has to address motive either way, since the Prosecution case against Chris Dawson would have included Chris Dawson's alleged motive(s) in allegedly murdering Lynette Dawson.

Lunchbreak until 1:30pm

sandwich GIF by Thierry Van Biesen

Lunchbreak until 1:30pm

sandwich GIF by Thierry Van Biesen
Should have started earlier and precised his summation and got to the nitty gritty by now; his reasoning could be published later in the day. I would have a cyanide pill in my mouth if the verdict went against me. The thought of what life behind bars would be like would be enough to put me off from going in.

Justice Harrison stops short of calling Mr Cooper a liar.
However, finds his evidence as completely unreliable, and his evidence incorrect, as Justice Harrison thinks that Lynette Dawson was already dead!
Shades of Peter Cook and Mr Jeremy Thrope?

Seems clear what the verdict will be: guilty. Pretty brave decision if so based upon the evidence.

Am a little concerned at Harrison behaviour 3 hrs in. So many pauses and 'um'ls' and 'ahs'. Doesn't inspire confidence I have to say.

Surely they could give a summary judgement followed by reasons. Seems pretty unreasonable for it to drag on like this really

Seems clear what the verdict will be: guilty. Pretty brave decision if so based upon the evidence.

Am a little concerned at Harrison behaviour 3 hrs in. So many pauses and 'um'ls' and 'ahs'. Doesn't inspire confidence I have to say.

Surely they could give a summary judgement followed by reasons. Seems pretty unreasonable for it to drag on like this really
He might be hoping the suspense will kill him?

Not sure about that.

Seems like Justice Harrison is negating that Chris Dawson had a propensity for physical violence against Lynette Dawson.

Is Justice Harrison going to use this to argue that there could not have been an accidental death from a violent confrontation between them resulting in an accidental death or manslaughter, leaving only a pre-meditated murder by Chris Dawson as the only other beyond reasonable doubt reason for Lynette Dawson's assumed death on or about 12 Jan 1982?

Last edited:
Seems like Justice Harrison is negating that Chris Dawson had a propensity for physical violence against Lynette Dawson.

Yep. Something like this.

Justice Harrison has just said that the evidence provided does not lead him to conclude that Chris Dawson had a "tendency" of violent/abusive behavior towards Lynette Dawson. (including the Lynette Dawson bruising evidence)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lies as consciousness of guilt of the charge of murder (Justice Harrison has a section on this in his judgement that he referred to but did not elaborate on).

I found the below in relation to this area of law in NSW

'The Crown can rely upon the accused’s post-offence conduct as evidence of a consciousness of guilt.......

Whatever the verdict, Justice Harrison's conclusion on the matter of domestic violence are not going down well.

He might even be sent on a training course about the history of Domestic Violence, after what he appears to have written in his Dawson Judgement, and said today at trial on this matter and Lynette Dawson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back