Unsolved Murder of teacher Lilie James at St Andrews school - Sydney CBD

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Bunk Moreland tsk tsk try and be more intelligent and less sheep like next time

:rolleyesv1:

Sarcasm is the refuge of people that dont want to discuss the actual issues.

I dont think anyone is debating that. Of course his behaviour was psychopathic. But that wasnt what the headmaster was saying-the media are trying to draw an inference that wasnt there (to generate clicks and revenue) and people are sheep and swallow it because they dont critically analyse things. Its why the media standards can be as low as they are with no consequences.

Yes. And either the principal is a) also a psychopath b) supports psychopaths or c) genuinely found this psycho to be nice and normal.

I reckon c is most likely because I’ve seen this story played out so many times before. The nice, quiet, normal guy (according to neighbours, colleagues, friends) who turns out to be a brutal killer.

They are not walking around with signs on their heads. They are not fooling young naive 16 yo girls. They are very often fooling a whole range of different people.

No doubt he is a POS. I’m not disputing that.

What I’m saying is that it’s possible he didn’t appear to be a murderer, a psychopath or a POS in other areas of his life or people would have picked up on it. He may even have appeared nice to some people he crossed paths with.

So my question is; how do we better identify these psychopaths, if they appear to be normal, even nice to others?

They have to be studied in depth. It’s a lot harder when they’ve killed themselves, but there can still be methods to draw a picture of what was wrong with him.

Many seem to try to draw a line between disrespect toward women and this sort of ultra violence. I actually don’t think it’s there.

The respect message doesn’t hurt, as teaching respect will have good outcomes anyway, but I don’t think appeals for respect toward women will make a difference to these horrifically violent incidents. I don’t think it’s a respect thing that is linked to poor attitudes toward women.

For mine there is something there in a psychological sense. There is something very, very wrong with somebody who does this. We need to study the horrifically violent and search for answers, not just “promote respect” imo.

Unmm, why are people labeling him a psychopath? Has he killed other people also? Does he have a long history of narcissism and/ or violence, or was it Intermittent explosive disorder that consumed him?

There is not just one personality trait that makes a psycho/socio-path and not all of them are violent, there is a spectrum to psychopathy.
There are certain personality traits that can be observed that can reveal red flags, such as a lack of empathy, mean manipulative tendencies, and a willingness to violate other people’s rights ( if you see these things in a person then think twice before engaging them - do you really want to deal with that?). Psychopaths are adept at acting civil in the company of others, that is how they hide in plain sight, hence the saying "beware of the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing". It is the moments of excessive anger and rage you need to take notice of, everyone enjoys the good times but it is how they react during the bad times that matters the most. What type of partner do you want with you during your weakest moments?

There are almost 8 billion people on this planet, how do you check them all for physical anomalies that may cause increased anger and violence in the mental state of any of them? Even the most gentle person can take damage to the prefrontal cortex by injury or disease and go through extreme personality changes that take family and friends by surprise.

But that’s exactly it. He probably was a “good guy” in certain settings. Or at least appeared to be.

They are not being psychopathic rapists 24/7.

So how do we identify and stop them?
These people are not normal.
There is always signs.
No normal person just snaps and kills someone with a hammer.
It was premeditated which makes it even more horrific.

They are not walking around with signs on their heads. They are not fooling young naive 16 yo girls. They are very often fooling a whole range of different people.
And they'e been around for decades before there was any social media or online pr0n freely available.

How does the naive Shore Principal explain away all the abusers in the clergy and Private boarding school systems for decades in Australia, UK and around the world. Can't blame that on social media and online pr0n can he?

Even the most gentle person can take damage to the prefrontal cortex by injury or disease and go through extreme personality changes that take family and friends by surprise.
Did Thijssen possibly get hit on the head by a hockey stick or ball very hard recently, or one too many times?

It was premeditated which makes it even more horrific.
I wonder if Thijssen's toxicology test will show up anything of note and will be publicly revealed at any Coronial Inquiry.

Do they have NSW Coronial Inquiries in cases like this, with both victim and perpetrator dead?

Geeze USA 37. Hang your head in shame US..

Just looking deeper into the data.. "Women's perception of community safety" which is at 54% for us.

Singapore has 94%. which is the highest. I have been told this before Singapore is quite safe, iirc.

The data is pretty complex, a lot of weight appears to be given to a range of variables and I would suggest that unfortunately you are far from alone in feeing unsafe as a woman in this country.

No doubt he is a POS. I’m not disputing that.

What I’m saying is that it’s possible he didn’t appear to be a murderer, a psychopath or a POS in other areas of his life or people would have picked up on it. He may even have appeared nice to some people he crossed paths with.

So my question is; how do we better identify these psychopaths, if they appear to be normal, even nice to others?

I bet they all exhibit controlling behaviour.

Yeah I've seen your posts in other threads and I think you are a disgrace tbh.

Shall put you on ignore (along with a few others) and leave it at that mate.

With all due respect if you actually had a genuine reasoned argument in relation to the issue you would be bringing it rather than quitting. Im not trying to be personal but i think that says more about you than it does about me. As does thinking someone is a disgrace when you know nothing about them and havent bothered to ask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironically, the murderer also avoided jail but this time by suicide.

Thanks for sharing – imagine paying a lot of money to send children that school. It was actually this kind of thing in Brisbane, which was the deciding factor in sending my children to the local high school. Never regretted the decision.

Is Shore school now going to charge an even bigger student fee premium for being prepared (or it's teachers, or ex-teachers authorised or unauthorised) to write positive character references for students, ex-students, and even ex-students from other schools, that face criminal charges or during the subsequent sentencing and/or post conviction redemption/resurrection process?

The headmaster just deflects everything away from the school. He was excellent student , Prefect etc right up until the end of the school day when he turned into a psycho and murdered a young woman.
The ramblings of the headmaster are really just a sign that he gets tapped on the shoulder and told to retire. His comments about the ex teacher convicted of pedophilia should have been straight out a reason to sack him.

Is anyone else wondering if Thijssen murdered Lilie James at the end of a chain of crimes against a person(s) unknown.
With any of the the earlier (theoretical/speculative) crimes (if any existed) being ones that Thijssen thought would one day (possibly anyway soon) catch up with him.
And thus in pre-meditatedly murdering Lilie James, Thijssen had already pre-meditatedly planned to commit suicide shortly after the attack on Lilie James?

Last edited:
Is anyone else wondering if Thijsenn murdered Lilie James at the end of a chain of crimes against a person(s) unknown.
With any of the the earlier (theoretical/speculative) crimes (if any existed) being ones that Thijsenn thought would one day (possibly anyway soon) catch up with him.
And thus in pre-meditatedly murdering Lilie James, Thijsenn had already pre-meditatedly planned to commit suicide shortly after the attack on Lilie James?

I have no idea what you are saying.

Another similar case at the Canberra Zoo.

A 29-year-old man has been arrested and taken to hospital under police guard after the body of a woman was found in a storeroom at the zoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back