Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Preliminary Final - Swans v Pies Sat Sept 17th 4:45pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 19.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 39 20.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This game would be better if played at the MCG and not that bizarre shaped, bent, weird thing. Anyway, what a game this is going to be!!

The Swans are doing nothing wrong, have another week off to rest and re-juvinate to prepare for another epic battle. The Pies have taken the longer route to get here but did not get bruised too much against Freo, so that is a positive.

Again, the Swans on the SCG seem hard to beat. Why? I do not know. Maybe it is all mental. Why not Collingwood this time around? It is just 22 vs 22.

I think the result will be closer than the 27 points last time, but the Swans should find a way with the generous helping hand of the yellow muppets in front of their home crowd keeping the AFL happy.

Swans by 13 points.

This game would be better if played at the MCG and not that bizarre shaped, bent, weird thing. Anyway, what a game this is going to be!!

Again, the Swans on the SCG seem hard to beat. Why? I do not know. Maybe it is all mental. Why not Collingwood this time around? It is just 22 vs 22.

Teams have an advantage on their home deck, that is why it is at the SCG as Sydney earned the advantage.

The Swans are doing nothing wrong, have another week off to rest and re-juvinate to prepare for another epic battle. The Pies have taken the longer route to get here but did not get bruised too much against Freo, so that is a positive.

I think the result will be closer than the 27 points last time, but the Swans should find a way with the generous helping hand of the yellow muppets in front of their home crowd keeping the AFL happy.

Swans by 13 points.
That you, Digger?

Swans stopped the Pies cold last time with their pressure. That's where it will be won or lost. If Sydney allow Collingwood to run and gun like they did against Freo Pies will stroll it in.

Teams have an advantage on their home deck, that is why it is at the SCG as Sydney earned the advantage.

Thanks mate, I'm aware of the bleeding obvious :). Just from a 95,000 fans attendance spectacle that these two teams would get. Can't get 95,000 at the SCG.

I gotta feeling we will see a Sydney comfortable win 4-6 goals

Or a pies close win

Swans should win but it will be interesting to see how they will go with only playing 1 game in 3 weeks

This is going to be epic. Two high pressure teams, both quite even contributions all over the field. One major injury to pies which could be a big disadvantage, but it hasn't hurt them.
I can only do what I do in tipping when it's this close and go with the home ground advantage. Swans in a thriller!

Sydney has been the form team for some time. I've had them above Geelong in my personal power rankings for weeks.

Collingwood has done well to get this far but I cannot see them beating what is in my opinion the best of the 4 prelim teams.

If the AFL was consistent with their policy than Sydney v Collingwood would be at Stadium Australia
It takes a month to reconfigure the ground at Olympic Park. A month. With the NRL playing their finals on there as well.

Do you think the NRL are going to give up their codes Grand Final ground so their rival can play there and draw more crowd? I think not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like we've stepped it up a fair bit in the finals but all of a sudden we're dropping marks and missing goals.

Think we'll have to be a lot tidier to get over the Swans up there.

Not really confident but hopeful, it's definitely possible.

Pies by 2 points.🤞
We could just as easily click and have one of those 14. . 5. 89 kind of games.

It takes a month to reconfigure the ground at Olympic Park. A month. With the NRL playing their finals on there as well.

Do you think the NRL are going to give up their codes Grand Final ground so their rival can play there and draw more crowd? I think not.
Don’t get sucked in to this equine excrement debate, Tick. Collingwood love to play this game of affording themselves advantages for “the good of all” then crying foul about having to travel for about the 4th time this year to play an away final.

Don’t get sucked in to this equine excrement debate, Tick. Collingwood love to play this game of affording themselves advantages for “the good of all” then crying foul about having to travel for about the 4th time this year to play an away final.
We travel five times a year like every other Victorian club. We have an outstanding record playing outside of Victoria these past 15 or so years.

Should be a ripper. Excited but nervous. Proud of our season, would love them to get up over the Swans but won't be easy.

Swans are fire. Went under the radar for a big part of the year but at this point anyone with eyes can see how hecking good they are.

How many Collingwood fans will be there? I feel the large parochial crowds and atmosphere has got them over the line on several occasions this year. That advantage may be nullified in Sydney.

Sydney by 15 points

Buddy should be contained.. The pies have the defenders that wilk shut him down.. Does Collingwood have a matchup for Papley?

Back