Preview Preliminary Final: Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions - 7:50 PM Friday the 16th of September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge have both completely written off the Lions as any chance of winning the flag

"Not as good as the other 3", I quote.

I am biased but in my honest opinion I think this is very lazy journalism. At the very least, please back up why you think we're not a shot and why we are not as good as the other 3 teams. Bring the evidence if you want your opinion to be respected, because as it stands your opinion means SFA without any reasoning to back it up.
i think we have the longest odds of winning it but any team that makes it this far has to be in with a sniff

we havent been at the top end of the table for the last few years for no reason

i think we have the longest odds of winning it but any team that makes it this far has to be in with a sniff

Geelong is more disciplined than Melbourne an have next to zero injury worries.

Unlike others I think it's a bigger test. Don't care how we match up with them or whatever else ,they're experienced, well coached and hardened.

Geelong is more disciplined than Melbourne an have next to zero injury worries.

Unlike others I think it's a bigger test. Don't care how we match up with them or whatever else ,they're experienced, well coached and hardened.

We just need to stay with Geelong for long enough.

Lack of match-fit conditioning might be their undoing by Q4, if we're hanging around by then in terms of scoring.

Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge have both completely written off the Lions as any chance of winning the flag

I am biased but in my honest opinion I think this is very lazy journalism. At the very least, please back up why you think we're not a shot and why we are not as good as the other 3 teams. Bring the evidence if you want your opinion to be respected, because as it stands your opinion means SFA without any reasoning to back it up.

I thought it would be hard to top our defeat of the Tigers in the EF but the win against the Demons in the SF did, even now I find it impossible to think I could be more excited than I was on Friday night.... hopefully a victory against the Cats can top it.

I thought it would be hard to top our defeat of the Tigers in the EF but the win against the Demons in the SF did, even now I find it impossible to think I could be more excited than I was on Friday night.... hopefully a victory against the Cats can top it.
and then after that.....

:oops:

Here’s a thought what with all the talk who plays on Jezza/Hawkins, and how our forwardline looked with fewer talls:

Do we finally pull the trigger here and swing McStay back to play on Hawkins? He’s big enough, mobile enough, proved he’s okay in the ruck and is a great contested pack player.

Added bonus of freeing up the forward line a bit again.

Just something to think about with Adams out

Hope this doesn't happen to any clubs over the next two weeks. Would be such a s**t way to finish what's been a pretty good year of footy coming back from covid

Agreed. As much as I want to pants geelong on Friday, it would actually be pretty disheartening if we did so with a few of their big name players under H&S protocols.

Yet we comfortably took care of the magpies and swans during the season... and comfortably is not even an overstatement

Here’s a thought what with all the talk who plays on Jezza/Hawkins, and how our forwardline looked with fewer talls:

Do we finally pull the trigger here and swing McStay back to play on Hawkins? He’s big enough, mobile enough, proved he’s okay in the ruck and is a great contested pack player.

I really like that option. He has more basic defensive knowledge than Jack Payne and is a much better contested mark. It also allows us to retain Darcy Fort in the Mcstay Ruck/Forward relief. Fort is a mobile Ruckman we would not lose too much pace.

Sent from my SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the exact same thing, is there another team left in it that has our momentum and form going forward? I’d think not. Also outside of Geelong we’ve had the best form over the previous few years, even this season outside of a couple games at the end (mainly to teams we’ve already knocked off) we were sitting top 2. I saw Melbourne as our main challenge this finals series and I’m sure the players probably did as well, not to say we’re thinking the grand final is won but I’d imagine the self belief in the group would be at an all time high and they know what it takes to play their best footy and get the job done.

Not too mention our forward line is most dangerous left in it, our midfield is performing a lot better since the introduction of more running and defensive mindset which is allowing our backs to win their contests and stop oppo scores, our transition footy is back and when we’ve been able to control the footy we’ve been able to cut up both Richmond and Melbourne quite consistently.

Having said that I like going in as underdogs and think we’re as good a chance as any at going the whole way this season.

Would love to see him have stints in the middle when Oscar is out there. Has the tank, smarts and ability to be a point of difference.

It's not just the journos. The bookies seem to be on the sauce too.

Sportsbet: Brisbane $3.62 to beat Geelong, and $10 to win the Premiership. So they're paying $3.62 to beat Geelong, and then if we've just beat Richmond, Melbourne and Geelong, we're still $2.76 to beat Sydney/Collingwood.

Bonkers.

Meanwhile, Collingwood are $2.96 to beat Sydney, but only $6 to win the GF. So $2.02 to win the GF against Geelong/us. If Sportsbet are so sure Geelong will smash us, how are the Pies that short.

Might have to play with some spreadsheets here. There looks to be some stupid money being thrown around.

Thought the exact same thing, is there another team left in it that has our momentum and form going forward? I’d think not. Also outside of Geelong we’ve had the best form over the previous few years, even this season outside of a couple games at the end (mainly to teams we’ve already knocked off) we were sitting top 2. I saw Melbourne as our main challenge this finals series and I’m sure the players probably did as well, not to say we’re thinking the grand final is won but I’d imagine the self belief in the group would be at an all time high and they know what it takes to play their best footy and get the job done.

Not too mention our forward line is most dangerous left in it, our midfield is performing a lot better since the introduction of more running and defensive mindset which is allowing our backs to win their contests and stop oppo scores, our transition footy is back and when we’ve been able to control the footy we’ve been able to cut up both Richmond and Melbourne quite consistently.

Having said that I like going in as underdogs and think we’re as good a chance as any at going the whole way this season.

Not to mention we beat Collingwood and Sydney already this year, and pushed Geelong all the way at GMHBA.

It looks a bit weird because it was originally a Hawksley tattoo and before that a...
It’s a tattoo montage. Lester, Hawksley, Bewick, Close, Golby, Buchanan, Cornelius, Raines, Polkinghorne, Retzlaff, Stiller and Paparone arranged and dressed like the twelve apostles while a messiah like Vossie holds the magnet board revealing where they will be playing. Which was predominately in the reserves.

Got tickets for Q8. Bit of a downgrade from M12 last week, but they get expensive this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back