Autopsy AFL 2022 First Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Fri Sept 16th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 22.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 62 31.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched fagans press conference. Pure class, have a lot of respect for the guy. There are some arrogant disgraces out there like bevo and to an almost similar extent hardwick who just sulk and whinge when things don’t go to some entitled script they have wrote… but Fagan is incredibly respectful and composed.

Great reflection on the club as a whole. Makes you respect Brisbane that bit more if you didn’t before

I can't see the Swans coaching staff giving up 11 intercept marks next week in a half of footy. Horse won't be sucked in like Fagan was.

If it's the Magpies, they won't lose to the Cats again (as long as they have a full squad). Everything went wrong for them the other week and they went down by a goal. Very confident they will beat the Cats.

The gf will be Geelong's 2nd game coming off a bye. They have not lost the 2nd game after a bye for 14 years.

1st vs 6th says more than the number of finals played

Brisbane just aren't a grand final worthy side

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Again it's not just about being 1st vs 6th.....

Despite Brisbane playing finals every year from 2019, they got beaten by a finals Hardened side like Geelong.

When you got guys like Hawkins and Selwood that have played at least 30 finals each, that says a lot.

Brisbane has played 3 finals this year with that starting 23. That's 69 games of experience gained this year alone.

Freo only played 2 finals and gained 46 games of finals experience. It's not much short term but long term it is for those young dockers players

Have to give Chris Scott and Geelong their dues, to be in the finals year on year is a remarkable achievement.

Swans and Pies have been impressive but it will take a herculean performance to stop Geelong from here.

if Geelong get on top now all the Geelong haters will stop blaming the umpires.

if you know football you can see Geelong are so wee structured and
That was a demolition job and a perfect display of the game plan, skill, attitude and physicality required to win big finals. Massive lesson for Brisbane. If you are still blaming the umpires somehow you are a fool.

This. * there are some idiots in Geelong match day threads sooking about every *ing umpiring decision..

Used to be same with Hawthorn.

Such a *ing well organised and drilled team.

Too good.

Geelong simply too good. Right from the start they were too big, to strong, had a better and cleaner game plan. Dangerfield a superstar which we all knew but he’s hard not to like.
The game also played in good spirits by the 2 clubs, no bullshit hits or niggles, Geelong know they don’t need to do all that, just played good hard footy and got the job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very dominant display from Geelong last night, and you'd have to say with that display of slick ball movement / passing, they'd have to be right up there in contention for this year's premiership.

Probably only Penrith Panthers standing in their way, you'd think.

Can't read too much into thrashing an overrated and mentally soft Brisbane, Geelong are very beatable and there's no reason why one of the other 2 teams can't do it next week.
Although I do agree with your sentiment, it’s all too predictable these narratives.

Pre season - cats are cooked
Pre finals - cats will straight set
Win a close final - ooh they nearly dropped the ball
Week off - ooohhh haven’t played many games in a four week period
Big win in prelim - that’s not gonna help their cause for the GF

Have to give Chris Scott and Geelong their dues, to be in the finals year on year is a remarkable achievement.

Swans and Pies have been impressive but it will take a herculean performance to stop Geelong from here.
Only the Pies can stop them.

Brisbane beat themselves playing that stupid boundary line game kick out ball kicked back again beaten in the air

no risks taken with the down centre attack
which is the closest way to goal

Pathetic bad playing.
Chris Fagan changed nothing from the boundary!

Gave up!
Don’t know about tactics, to me there was no manic pressure, I mean that was a prelim, but cats players had plenty of time to dispose of the ball, just looked like a H&A game.

Although I do agree with your sentiment, it’s all too predictable these narratives.

Pre season - cats are cooked
Pre finals - cats will straight set
Win a close final - ooh they nearly dropped the ball
Week off - ooohhh haven’t played many games in a four week period
Big win in prelim - that’s not gonna help their cause for the GF
How do I fix a leaking shower head?

Cats looked good but I think Collingwood can again push them for 4 quarters.

I think they would clearly prefer to play Sydney.
Both Collingwood and Sydney have been kind of bogey sides for us recently. Always seem to match up well no matter where we are.

I don't really have a preference as either one would be a tough opponent.

Cheers, we'll need it!

Think we blew our flag chances in the QF
Not necessarily. Collingwood plays an electric game. You will have to be at your best though, Fremantle got spooked last week. You travel very well and have the defence to handle the swans forwards. It’s going to be a great game.

Don’t know about tactics, to me there was no manic pressure, I mean that was a prelim, but cats players had plenty of time to dispose of the ball, just looked like a H&A game.
Yes that’s what I noticed. Not enough heat brought on by Brisbane at all. They were very flat and it was a Cats training drill.

Only the Pies can stop them.
I think at the G, that’s right. If Collingwood gets into gear and is allowed freedom to move from half back then it could be hard for Geelong. I am not sure how mobile guys like Bews, Henry, Kolodjashnij will be. They need the game to be messy coming in to the forward line so Geelong can use Stewart and Blicavs.

Holmes be a huge loss for pace.

Back