Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any reason for a public statement from NMFC. There will undoubtedly be discussions happening behind the scenes and I wouldn't be surprised to see a statement from Clarkson via James Henderson.

Of course there needs to be a statement from north.
It has to be north suspending the commencement of his tenure.

We really are cursed aren't we. Makes me wonder if it's even worth the emotional investment.
We are. Terrible situation, we all agree.
This happened at hawthorn, yet they get their 4 flags and those responsible no longer there
We wear most of the fall out, actually impacts us the most
What happens to viney, new ceo appt?
How do we deal with trade period
Our future 2nd and 3rd round picks should make up for it all…

Obviously there’s lots to digest from this and none of it is at all appetising. Frankly, I’d be slightly less concerned if another journalist had written the article. Check out other articles that Jackson has written, such as the Robbie Muir one.
Is it possible that the report has only covered certain aspects of what occurred? From there, perhaps feeling that key issues weren’t being dealt with some of the ex-players and their families have then spoken to Russell Jackson and here we have the story?

I'm intruding but definately not gloating.

Those young players are the focus of everybody, but it's also crap to be caught up in it.

I have no doubt that if those allegations are true (which seems likely given the article was based off a report) both North and lions at least will be looking for a new coach.

And rightly so.
And Adelaide will be in need of a new CEO...

Obviously there’s lots to digest from this and none of it is at all appetising. Frankly, I’d be slightly less concerned if another journalist had written the article. Check out other articles that Jackson has written, such as the Robbie Muir one.
Is it possible that the report has only covered certain aspects of what occurred? From there, perhaps feeling that key issues weren’t being dealt with, some of the ex-players and their families have then spoken to Russell Jackson and here we have the story?
If Fagan truly wasn’t consulted than it does seem like the report has only covered certain aspects. That, or it’s yet to be finalized

Except he has started, just not officially. He's set his office up already. It's my the Hawks came out and reminded him he couldn't contact anyone from there until 1 Nov.
Not sure what the point of your post is.

He hasn't started officially, so NMFC either have to sit on our hands whilst they stuff around for 6 months, or move on based on rumour and optics.

As I said, what debacle for NMFC.

We need a game plan and so on.

I doubt these investigations will wrap in a week.

Last edited:
I feel sick. Terrible for all involved.
This is my club and my dilemma is that I can either:

Care deeply and follow how this unfolds, reading every piece of info possible whenever it gets posted.

Or protect my mental and physical health by staying away from anything to do with our club and the AFL for the moment.

I want to do neither.

I felt sick and delirious the entire week that we waited to hear if Clarkson was coming to North. Now, I feel sick and delirious again but in an entirely different way... this is such a shocking situation. I feel for the people who experienced this (yes, they're allegations - but let's face it, the article is confident) and really hope they can heal and get some sort of resolution that helps them. As a North member, I just feel gutted and flat. I'm also feeling for our First Nations players today, what they might be thinking. PS I appreciate this forum :)

We should ask Mark Williams in the interim. That would show intent to our indigenous players. Clarko has to stand down. No question of choice.

If Clarko goes we should we going absolutey all in and full boar at Williams anyway. That's the only outcome that would soften this blow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 separate players and families lying in detail about similar situations...Hard to fathom.

3 families that didn’t say anything to other indigenous players or anyone in the senior leadership group?

Yeah they probably all got together and made it up ..seriously

3 separate players and families lying in detail about similar situations...Hard to fathom.
How closely linked are these families? I have had several instances at work where more than one employee who are friendly with each other have raised complaints against me. As a person in charge its part and parcel of the job. These allegations are far and away more serious than anything laid at my feet though obviously. The club will need to stand him down and go from there.

It would be three players and their families concocting stories which are certain to put them all into the public eye, somehow deceiving the best investigative sports journalist in Australia into publishing a long form article, convincing him that their stories are true, as well as publishing libellous information defaming Clarkson, Fagan and Burt and the Hawthorn FC. I can't possibly imagine what motive there might be for a group of people to do that - disgruntled after being delisted? Seems an extreme reaction. The simplest explanation is often the correct one

We are. Terrible situation, we all agree.
This happened at hawthorn, yet they get their 4 flags and those responsible no longer there
We wear most of the fall out, actually impacts us the most
What happens to viney, new ceo appt?
How do we deal with trade period
Our future 2nd and 3rd round picks should make up for it all…

Might be without a CEO, a footy boss, and a senior coach 🤣

what if they're untrue?

Yep. Normally you don't go straight to the gallows without a fair trial.

The unsavoury nature of the allegations seems to have so many people eager to quickly pass judgement and proceed with sentencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back