2022 Hawthorn List Management Discussion (including Trade, FA period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greene is a good signing and will fill an age profile and leadership void at the club. Greene is a really popular player at Box Hill and has a real positive influence on the energy of that group, he will bring great energy to the Hawthorn squad which will be important in what could be a tough year. He is the kind of guy who will keep the positive vibes high in the group even when things are tough.

MicrosoftTeams-image-6-.png

That mo is superb.

Greene is a good signing and will fill an age profile and leadership void at the club. Greene is a really popular player at Box Hill and has a real positive influence on the energy of that group, he will bring great energy to the Hawthorn squad which will be important in what could be a tough year. He is the kind of guy who will keep the positive vibes high in the group even when things are tough.

Underrated comment. Has an Isaac Smith-like clubman vibe to him

I haven’t seen many Box Hill games lately but looking at this highlights video Greene looks like a solid mark and a good set shot, not too dissimilar to Gunners in the way he plays?

I think he has some Gunston-like traits but also some Breust-like traits - he is really a bit of a hybrid. Unlikely he will get anywhere near the standard of either Gunston or Breust but he brings some very handy skills and will be a difficult match-up.

If you were a delisted player looking to extend your career, you could do a lot worse than join box hill. We have been recruiting from there for a long time now.
We aren't the only ones. Box Hill is a popular hunting ground for other clubs too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has that cult hero thingy written all over him

Go on....

Seems to have nothing but love for "the hoops" now.

From a hawks fan who admired the good work isaac did for us, it was sickening to sit through. I have no doubt he has lots of hawks mates and still catches up with them and will be at club events in the future, but whilst hes a geelong player, hes geelong through and through.

Get the feeling Mitchell signs for a year making 6 spots left. Means unlikely we take vickery and Lawrence if we want an open spot unless we are planning to take 6,22,24 only after swapping all our 40s picks with dons. Philippou George Jones sounds good to me!
Vickery could possibly go straight to Category B rookie if he gets through undrafted

Seems to have nothing but love for "the hoops" now.

From a hawks fan who admired the good work isaac did for us, it was sickening to sit through. I have no doubt he has lots of hawks mates and still catches up with them and will be at club events in the future, but whilst hes a geelong player, hes geelong through and through.

Of course he is, he's still playing for them and just won a normie along with a 4th flag. His decision to leave was completely vindicated.

The abuse he copped from fans here, at games and on social media platforms was ridiculous.

Of course he is, he's still playing for them and just won a normie along with a 4th flag. His decision to leave was completely vindicated.

The abuse he copped from fans here, at games and on social media platforms was ridiculous.
Oh right, his success makes the criticism unwarranted eh?

To me the success makes the criticism even more accurate, he made a decision to leave with plenty in the tank knowing that we wouldn't get fair compensation and that he was leaving the club in a position with 0 proven outside players and a shrinking leadership group. He won a Norm Smith, good on him but it's not going to make me love his decision to leave.

Mark McGowan is an absolute genius. 🙄 Says about our PCM winner and highest Brownlow vote getter:

“Jai Newcombe is a strong candidate if they promote someone from the rookie list”

I mean seriously - this guy gets paid and does this full time?

Oh right, his success makes the criticism unwarranted eh?

To me the success makes the criticism even more accurate, he made a decision to leave with plenty in the tank knowing that we wouldn't get fair compensation and that he was leaving the club in a position with 0 proven outside players and a shrinking leadership group. He won a Norm Smith, good on him but it's not going to make me love his decision to leave.

He left for a lifestyle change and another shot at success.

It's not his fault the club was not in a healthy position. It's also not his fault either that the club couldn't convince him to stay or arrange for an extension earlier, so that an equitable trade could have been worked out once he decided to leave.

Smith contributed greatly to three flags and more then repaid the faith in drafting him.

The posters that hated on him and Franklin would probably jump at the chance for a positive lifestyle change, plus more money (in Franklin's case), maybe some shady land deals (in Smith's case) and a chance at success, should it be offered to them.

I saw on reddit someone claiming that Sydney have enquired about a deal for pick 6 (pick 6 for 14, 17, F1).
Given how shallow this draft is I'm not sure I'm against it, but I'm also unsure as to whether or not the 2022 pool is deep enough.
That being said, the temptation and value of going into the 2023 draft pool with two firsts and two seconds does sound really tempting- especially if we can then nab George/Jefferson and Jones in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back