Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean when he said he wanted to be no1?
Youre only no1 if the club with the first pick selects you, that was Norths choice to make and it comes with risk, its not an automatic success story if its later discovered to be anything but a good match.
Interestingly, Mick Finnigan, Norths National recruiting Manager said of JHF.. "Being picked as No.1 is a credit to him and his family. He has great character, work ethic and leadership."
Clearly North failed to compliment those qualities and he opted out, own it.
People with great character don't go back on their word.

WE sacked Finnegan. Probably cos he was a s**t judge of character.

Brining on Clarkson as coach is far more valuable to North's future and rebuild than JH-F or any other young player they will bring in, North Melbourne will be fine.
Debatable.

If Clarkson can build North like he did to the young Hawks from 2005, then yes. But that was a long time ago and questions remain as to whether he can rebuild a young team.

I know you are a massive advocate of JHF and believe he will be a star.

The shame is they should have had both.

And blaming the old coach is an absolute cop out.

And was still one of north's best youngsters...

Well getting JHF away from North was a good influence

Yes, not 2023 but for the next decade

Of course, not 2023 but for the next decade (or at least until they become North Hobart)

In the eyes of North fans, which frankly doesn't matter
we will see.

i hope not all eggs are in this one basket.

keep an eye on Fabian

Tainted?

Like Dangerfield, Gunston, Cameron, May Lever, Lynch, Prestia, Gibson etc. etc. etc.

I guess so.

I can't believe that North fans are still sulking.

Surely you have a draft to get excited about.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
you're right - this year the media will be the hardest on JHF and PA. If he starts sulking in games again and Ken isn't getting results it might be interesting.

Otherwise, in a few years, most will have forgotten and it wont matter.

I personally believe if Clarko was coaching North at the start of last season, JH-F would still be at North.

David Noble first and foremost is to blame for JH-F's departure 100 %

How he has escaped public/media scrutiny for how piss poor of a coach was (worse than Mark Neeld, which is incredible when you think about it) is absolutely pathetic.

Neeld (rightly or wrongly) was crucified by the Media, yet Noble seems to have gotten off scot free.

Brining on Clarkson as coach is far more valuable to North's future and rebuild than JH-F or any other young player they will bring in, North Melbourne will be fine.

It's been reported that the opposite might actually be true.
The accusations against Clarkson have had consequences.

He's not soft. I think he genuinely was happy to go there however after a quarter of the way through the season thought the club was a shambles, didn't meet his expectations, showed no signs of improvement and it would ultimately be detrimental to his progression.

I've done contracts before where I terminated after 6 months as the organisation was a s**t show and no matter what I tried to do to uplift the posture the ELT just didnt simply give a * and that attitude trickled down to the rest of the workforce and I made the decision to walk as I couldn't produce what I was being paid to due to their s**t culture.

Getting Clarkson will bring a world of difference and I too believe if Clarkson joined last year he would have stayed. North have done well, got an abundance of high quality picks and got their off field set up on the right track. JHF will thrive at Port. Win Win.

Yep. I worked at Visy and IXL as well.

What a pathetic thread this is. Constant picking on a 19 year old because he didn’t want to be employed by a particular employer. Big ******* deal.
What about the scummy club that was in his ear from when he started his first contract getting him to not give 100%. That's the real story here. Kochie's scumbag footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats because he knew would get to carlton. JHF moved because he had no choice.
if JHF was put in murphy's situation he would have done the same thing.
Fisher McAsey draft pick 6.

If he leaves the Crows at end of year 1 you get a top 10 pick for him. Probably pick 7-10.

He "toughs it out" and stays.

Now worth around pick 50.

JHF has actually done North a solid by leaving early and getting them good compensation.

North fans should be happy with the result.

Don't understand the whinging.

Stupid decision by North in the first place rejecting the Crows offer and they have somehow managed to dodge a bullet despite their own error.

Last edited:
He stopped running in round four. Around the time you lot started talking to him according to some posters on here.
So, not injured then?

You must have shares in the North Melbourne medical team. Which is travelling about as well as the teams on field performances.

So, not injured then?

You must have shares in the North Melbourne medical team. Which is travelling about as well as the teams on field performances.
If he was injured how come he could run flat out when the ball was there to be had but not when it was more than 20m away?

Here's the thing. We spent alot of time defending this campaigner when he looked like he was a shithead to other North supporters and other people, both on this website and IRL. He left and we feel betrayed by that, especially once the stories that most of us won't repeat on here started coming out. If you don't like it ... well tough s**t.

You should go and have an ice bath furry just to cool down a bit. Don’t do it if you have compressed arteries though.
I would have thought an ice bath would reduce the pain from his calf condition but not necessarily the effects of his swollen head.

You’ve outdone yourself here fluffball.
If you really want to shut me up donate some money to the footy team at Daly River. If Port fans donate $1K between them I'll never post in this thread again.

The s**t thread
Dude walks out after 1 season on his initial 2 year draft contract. Offer from north was on the table early days and he turned it down. Looked after by coaches and players in the media. Looked after by sponsors. Asks for a trade of the eve of the trade period.

Talking about it is fair game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back