World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference between you and Nathaniel Atkinson is massive, the difference in relevance between Atkinson and Deng is nothing, and they are different kinds of players.

Saudi Arabia beat Australia last time we played. They are better. France is more favoured to win the world cup than Argentina. You seem to know not much about soccer at all... Saudi Arabia pulled of an all time world cup underdog story. I guess Australia should have too, how disgustingly bad we are because we didnt pull off one of the craziest wins in the history of the entire world cup! Sack every socceroos player!

But that's not what you said, you said there's no point because Mbappe would beat them anyway, as if we shouldn't have actually tried anything to set up to deal with him or deal with France as it wouldn't make a difference. And of course they're different kinds of players, that's precisely the point.

Where did I say we "should have"? I rubbished your notion that we shouldn't have even tried. You've completely misrepresented what I'm saying purely because I dared to suggest another player in the squad would have been a better option than the one that played - a view shared by a lot of people who, I guess, don't know much abotu soccer.

Last edited:
Either Langerak should have been taken or we should have blooded one of our youngsters like Gauci - or at least brought him in the squad. Taking Redmayne just because he won us a shoot out, and Vukovic who is cooked beyond belief was just stupid.

Either Langerak should have been taken or we should have blooded one of our youngsters like Gauci - or at least brought him in the squad. Taking Redmayne just because he won us a shoot out, and Vukovic who is cooked beyond belief was just stupid.
Quite a few questionable selections.

The "hype" around Cummings is absurd.

I know people might s*t on me, but we where NEVER getting close despite opening the scoring. Never get into media " we've got a small chance" speel and I don't know if we'll ever be taken seriously until we're Australia and not the ****** Socceroos! Yeah, have that as our nickname but that as our primary identification is a ******* joke.

About the game: Arnold said we need to show the world who we are, but I wonder if he knew who Theo, Rabiot, OG, Dembele etc are or if he thought with all the French injuries he'd just need to shut down M'Bappe?
Why did the most inform striker Australia have (McLaren) get 0 game time?
Devlin? Hrustic ? Karacic?

I'm enjoying that we're there but this was about as inspid as 95% of Essington's matches the past 2 years.

Denmark is probably our best chance to get some result, but even that is tough.

Casuals be casualing. Denmark beat France home and away in the nation's league. They'll smash us

I mean all this Cumdog s**t. It's beyond cringe.

That's his nickname and has been for ages, not as if it's popped up because he's in the squad. As Zidane said think most of the hype has been around Kuol.

I rubbished your notion that we shouldn't have even tried. You've completely misrepresented what I'm saying
200w.gif

I guess we should have just played me there then if it wouldn't make a difference.

What idiocy.

Saudi Arabia were less likely to beat Argentina than we were to beat France. Imagine if their manager had shrugged and said "Nah there's nothing we can do to beat Argentina, let's just bend over and let them do what they want".
France are miles better then Argentina.
Saudi Arabia were more organised and compact in defence. Arnold got the back 4 wrong and should’ve include Degenek instead of Atkinson.
The first 20 minutes was working. Then just sat back and didn’t communicate.
Three of their goals came from crosses. Very meh. What’s the point in Souttar when he’s not marking anyone aerially?

I think the 2nd french goal killed our confidence completely. We were trying to play out from the back and have a crack up untli that point then we went into our shells a lot more.

Gap in class became more evident as the game went on, but really, it was like expecting a lower Championship side in england to be able to match it with a top premier league side.

France are miles better then Argentina.
Saudi Arabia were more organised and compact in defence. Arnold got the back 4 wrong and should’ve include Degenek instead of Atkinson.
The first 20 minutes was working. Then just sat back and didn’t communicate.
Three of their goals came from crosses. Very meh. What’s the point in Souttar when he’s not marking anyone aerially?

You realise this is actually my argument? Jazny is the one saying that changing the personnel wouldn't have made a difference..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, Australia Football was riding a wave from 2000's to mid 2010's then it fell into an irrelevant hole again. Why has the sport dropped off in Australia so much since? Aren't kids playing the sport anymore at the grassroots level?

Not really mid 2010s, side was in decline in 2010 already. Though we did win the Asian cup in 2015, and are worse now than we were then.

Was exciting to see a goal for once but reality then kicked in. France just way too classy. Unfortunately we just can't produce the talent to compete with the world's best. Hopefully we see some improvement in the next few games.

That said, I don't think there was anything Ryan could do about any of the goals. Maybe he could've made a better pass for the second, but our defence was the main issue with their marking. Atkinson and Souttar were especially bad.

That said, I don't think there was anything Ryan could do about any of the goals. Maybe he could've made a better pass for the second, but our defence was the main issue with their marking. Atkinson and Souttar were especially bad.

Souttar pretty rusty in fairness to him.

Vukovic is even worse than Redmayne. Why either of them is in the squad is beyond me.

It’s very hard to believe the other keepers could be any worse than Ryan was today, and they have both been picked in the squad so they should have something going for them.

At least it would send a signal that such a performance is completely unacceptable. If the back ups put in shocking performances as you fear then perhaps Ryan could get another go in the final game, but he should at least forfeit his spot for the next match.

It’s very hard to believe the other keepers could be any worse than Ryan was today, and they have both been picked in the squad so they should have something going for them.

At least it would send a signal that such a performance is completely unacceptable. If the back ups put in shocking performances as you fear then perhaps Ryan could get another go in the final game, but he should at least forfeit his spot for the next match.

Should have being the key words. :p

But yeah wouldn't hate seeing Vukovic at some point.

Should have being the key words. :p

But yeah wouldn't hate seeing Vukovic at some point.
😆 I appreciate they might not be world beaters, but watching us play three World Cup finals in a row with the same completely ineffectual keeper is beyond ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back