World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

Remove this Banner Ad

Higher obesity rates, sure, and more research into ASD has made it easier to diagnose. However, is this uniquely an Australian thing? You're making it sound like it is.

Here is what I wrote originally:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Aussie kids in general are fatter and more autistic than ever.

And it is only getting worse.

This is also a problem in other developed countries but Australia is at the front of the pack.

Please try to read more carefully before replying, otherwise you will keep being wrong about things.

No it was about people being overcritical of our players for losing to France as if 4-1 was a bad effort for the players we have vs France.

I think you've lost complete track of what you were ranting about as no one was 'over critical'. Suggesting another defender would have made more sense is not being overcritical.

Nah * him I say. It would be a hell of a backflip to turn down a world cup squad but play the Asian Cup only months later.

Not really. Hard to turn down a side with a reasonable chance of winning the Asian Cup.

This time FFA need to actually go ahead and formally select him.

The problem was with the way FRA seemed to be holding back during stages of the game, only getting serious when they really needed to score goals.

That may be reflection of the skill level between the two sides, but in 2018, they did have to try harder to beat us.
Crazy to expect a way overachievement like the 2018 result to happen again. Do people really think we should be remotely as good as France?

Crazy to expect a way overachievement like the 2018 result to happen again. Do people really think we should be remotely as good as France?

No, but going from 1-0 to 1-4 when the opposition weren't really going at full bore for large stretches of the match is galling.

Not as much as the 0-4 versus Germany in 2010, or the 0-6 results versus Brazil/France prior to 2014, but disappointing given that we clearly set ourselves up to counterattack (which briefly worked).

Mate, I'm that up and about right now I'm putting France's win over us in the same category as the Saudis beating Argentina and Japan beating Germany - all round1 upsets!

Calm down please. Not everything is about you :eek::roflv1:

As you've carried on repeatedly about my posts, funny that.

You're never this worked up elsewhere on the site so I feel like you need to just take a breath. You've clearly been upset that people were disappointed at the way we dropped our heads against France, but this level of carry on to the point of ranting about supporting Tunisia in here is just too much. We're all supporters of Australian football at the end of the day.

No, but going from 1-0 to 1-4 when the opposition weren't really going at full bore for large stretches of the match is galling.

Not as much as the 0-4 versus Germany in 2010, or the 0-6 results versus Brazil/France prior to 2014, but disappointing given that we clearly set ourselves up to counterattack (which briefly worked).
Its not, 4-1 is an okay result given the difference in the teams. Its an incredibly big diff

That should silence the critics for a little while.

Did well to hang on, It has to be said that the substitutes did nothing.
Maclaren very nearly set up a second goal. Mabil I thought lacked effort for someone that should have provided fresh legs.

As you've carried on repeatedly about my posts, funny that.

You're never this worked up elsewhere on the site so I feel like you need to just take a breath. You've clearly been upset that people were disappointed at the way we dropped our heads against France, but this level of carry on to the point of ranting about supporting Tunisia in here is just too much. We're all supporters of Australian football at the end of the day.
You've tagged me in here twice, and quoted me when I'm talking to other people. I havent mentioned you at all since our disagreement which I didnt take serious.

Have you never been to the bay? I get extremely fired up when people their suggest Rose killed Jack at the end of Titanic :mad:

You've tagged me in here twice, and quoted me when I'm talking to other people. I havent mentioned you at all since our disagreement which I didnt take serious.

Have you never been to the bay? I get extremely fired up when people their suggest Rose killed Jack at the end of Titanic :mad:
She should've got 20years for it too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just before the start of the game The Athletic's Football Tactics writer made this prediction.

Liam Tharme
@LiamTharmeCoach
Graduate @ucfb (BA) & @chiuni (MSc) / Football Tactics Writer @TheAthleticFC

France looking pedestrian at the start of the game again, Denmark dominating possession..... As I say that Denmark lucky to not have gotten a last man red for bringing down a French player

France looking pedestrian at the start of the game again, Denmark dominating possession..... As I say that Denmark lucky to not have gotten a last man red for bringing down a French player

That was never a red. There were 2 other Danish defenders right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back