Coach Sam Mitchell's direction for the club and 2024 news

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone wants to have a listen about what the data is saying in regards to whether we have actually gotten worse this year have a listen to this from the 9:15 mark.

I know a few people have already touched on it, but the data is also showing that our results this year have been slightly better despite actually putting out a younger team and dealing with some injuries.

And here.

Clarko definitely did. As a Hibs supporter I’ve got infinite respect for Celtic supporters at present after their pretty brilliant effort in the first Celtic game post the Lizzie pause to the season.
The only reference I understood here was 'Clarko'.

Off to Google Celtic.

Edit: can't believe I wasted 26 seconds on that trash...

‘I don’t see the upside in that’ is such a polite way of saying ‘don’t be a nosey prick’ - love it.
A very diplomatic way of saying - I’m not going to dig up old sh1t for the sake of it.

‘I don’t see the upside in that’ is such a polite way of saying ‘don’t be a nosey prick’ - love it.
“You’re not getting a quote from me on that”. 😂

Full interview

An excellent piece of journalism.

How often can you say that!

Asked all the hard questions without the sensationalist slant. Hi Damo.

As usual, Sam just has a mastery of the media rarely seen. I'm waiting for him to loose his s**t. It must happen eventually?

So much truth. TOM and JOM were not elite game changers capable of taking us to another level. Wrong age=gonski.

It’s highly likely that both Bombers and Roos play a more defensive style of footy that also allows them to stick with teams and wins then a few extra games.

Giants could certainly do similar, but are more of an unknown. Eagles could well improve, but might be the one side that the arse drops right out of if they lose games early.

I’m bullish on lots of our development and growth, but couldn’t be sure that other sides won’t jump us.
There are a lot of unknowns for sure.

That said, I do think that clubs like the Dogs and Collingwood are liable to have a pretty quick fall down the ladder. The Dogs have been unconvincing for years and lost a few good players, Collingwood could just have easily had their fortunes flipped this season with all those close games and may not win them with Pendles and co another year older.

Tough season to predict, as always I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Members will find a note from Sam in their inbox. Sets out the direction pretty clearly and describes the draft as a "home run" and his "best case scenario" "can't take then smile of my face".
"Our Head of Football Rob McCartney, along with the recruiting team led by Mark McKenzie, had dinner the night before the draft. It was asked what our best case scenario for the night was and I replied that, although it was unlikely, if we could get both Cam Mackenzie and Josh Weddle, it would be a home run."

"Our Head of Football Rob McCartney, along with the recruiting team led by Mark McKenzie, had dinner the night before the draft. It was asked what our best case scenario for the night was and I replied that, although it was unlikely, if we could get both Cam Mackenzie and Josh Weddle, it would be a home run."
Incorrect, Sam - you dumb idiot.
It was a D+.

Members will find a note from Sam in their inbox. Sets out the direction pretty clearly and describes the draft as a "home run" and his "best case scenario" "can't take then smile of my face".
Yep saw that and loved it.
It’s Sam’s team now and that’s as it should be.
Brilliant stuff, especially loved the reference to the game plan, “and it won’t be boring”.
Bring it on.
What a rollercoaster we are in for. Can’t wait!

There are a lot of unknowns for sure.

That said, I do think that clubs like the Dogs and Collingwood are liable to have a pretty quick fall down the ladder. The Dogs have been unconvincing for years and lost a few good players, Collingwood could just have easily had their fortunes flipped this season with all those close games and may not win them with Pendles and co another year older.

Tough season to predict, as always I suppose.
Just on that they face a draw from top four not bottom four! How well they do will be telling, top eight twice might take the wind out of their sales!?

An excellent piece of journalism.

How often can you say that!

Asked all the hard questions without the sensationalist slant. Hi Damo.

As usual, Sam just has a mastery of the media rarely seen. I'm waiting for him to loose his s**t. It must happen eventually?

So much truth. TOM and JOM were not elite game changers capable of taking us to another level. Wrong age=gonski.
Too much of the same type of midfielder he was saying. We need line breakers. Love how he just reminded Cleary that the world hasn't ended for us. There's a reason we went down this path with the belief there's enough young leaders that will set the standards. The media seem to believe that if your experienced you must be a good leader it doesn't always work like that. I love how he also dismissed the Collingwood and Geelong model and he is correct. They have been competitive for a while with only 1 down year each. Can't really compare.

Just on that they face a draw from top four not bottom four! How well they do will be telling, top eight twice might take the wind out of their sales!?
The Dogs list is way too unbalanced now. Too many talls and they lost a quality mid in the process as well. If they dont mark it there going to get pulverised on the ground IMO. Bevo overcompensating for the last few years I rekon.

Incorrect, Sam - you dumb idiot.
It was a D+.
Probably the most bizarre rating I've seen. On what basis was it D+? There just kicking us while we're down. Literally zero analysis went into that rating at all. It was a rating based on the draft not the trade period as well so they either got confused or as I said lazy analysis.

Stop engaging in draft ratings they are sensationalist and designed to get us clicking. Who could rate a draft haul of players who haven’t played. Future picks we have no idea who they will be etc. the way to rate the draft haul is what do you expect to get going in with what you have and how did you fare by comparison. We went in with 6,24,41,48,50,52,63 and drafted 2 first rounders and touted first rounder at 37 and 2 speculative picks so objectively that’s better than ghat hand. To achieve that we lost a f2, it feels on par to me for the limited amount of objectivity we can apply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back