Toast Sam Mitchell, Hall of fame inductee 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I unfortunately ready the whole thing recently. Delusion at its finest. And I loved the bump and how pissed North supporters were.

Who would have thought the sequel would be just as good as the original. From the Norf board on less.

Once again on Sam though - what a champ. Remember him making Norf his bitches on many occasions. Their faux tough guys in Ziebell, Spud Firrito (the most apt nickname) and Thompson used to get their cheap hits in while he carved them up.

Loved it when Lewis and Hodge would sit them on their arses. Lake probably went a bit overboard though!

Who would have thought the sequel would be just as good as the original. From the Norf board on less.

Once again on Sam though - what a champ. Remember him making Norf his bitches on many occasions. Their faux tough guys in Ziebell, Spud Firrito (the most apt nickname) and Thompson used to get their cheap hits in while he carved them up.

Loved it when Lewis and Hodge would sit them on their arses. Lake probably went a bit overboard though!
As a West Aussie fan I’ve been blessed with seeing some ridiculous Hawthorn things in the limited Melbourne games I’ve been to.

Among those were Nathan Thompson’s ridiculous mark in 2003 against the dogs, Roughie’s farewell game against the Suns… but seeing Lake almost choke Petrie out gotta be up there with the best

As a West Aussie fan I’ve been blessed with seeing some ridiculous Hawthorn things in the limited Melbourne games I’ve been to.

Among those were Nathan Thompson’s ridiculous mark in 2003 against the dogs, Roughie’s farewell game against the Suns… but seeing Lake almost choke Petrie out gotta be up there with the best
There was absolutely nothing in Lake on petrie. A good old wrestle where lake won then went a bit overboard.

It was peak "hawthorn are monsters" time, so the reports on the match had lake being done for murder.

A few weeks later Brent Harvey did the same thing and it wasn't even looked at, I remember the commentators even laughing at the "cheeky bugger"

Yep that’s exactly how i rate them as well.

Dunstall first and Mitchell second for the last 40 years.

What they both had in common was they very rarely played a bad game, consistency is the hallmark of a true champion IMO.
It's amazing how little respect people on here have for Franklin. (I like it!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back