NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going back there until Eltham made him an offer too good to refuse
Probably not much of the pie left at Diamond Creek after signing up Keating, Marshall, Tobin and Maynes.

Diamond Creek have certainly gotten stronger in the off season and will be a contender again in 2023. Unfortunately with the salary cap and points not all can fit in.

Probably not much of the pie left at Diamond Creek after signing up Keating, Marshall, Tobin and Maynes.

Diamond Creek have certainly gotten stronger in the off season and will be a contender again in 2023. Unfortunately with the salary cap and points not all can fit in.
Panton Hill have now signed Bryce Adams. They are a chance for the top 5 I reckon. St Marys and Watsonia haven’t recruited much at all

Panton Hill have now signed Bryce Adams. They are a chance for the top 5 I reckon. St Marys and Watsonia haven’t recruited much at all
Will definitely be in the finals mix for 2023. You can see them causing an upset or two up at their ground next year.

Going to be a very interesting Division 2 season next year and you have to congratulate the Redbacks on their efforts in this off season.

Eltham have cleared the decks and brought in a completely fresh coaching panel.

Good decision to get some fresh voices in. (not taking away from the work the previous group)

Heard we should expect some big recruits announced in the coming week.

Eltham have cleared the decks and brought in a completely fresh coaching panel.

Good decision to get some fresh voices in. (not taking away from the work the previous group)

Heard we should expect some big recruits announced in the coming week.
Maybe that’s what they need to take the next step although 6 senior coaches seem like a lot. Like you said, full clean out. Premiership or bust for Eltham/Bongetti. Recruited well so far and if there are more announcements to come, they’d have to be clear favourites.

Maybe that’s what they need to take the next step although 6 senior coaches seem like a lot. Like you said, full clean out. Premiership or bust for Eltham/Bongetti. Recruited well so far and if there are more announcements to come, they’d have to be clear favourites.
Already clear favourites were they not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clear flag favourites, will finish H&A well on top. Will they be able to handle the pressure come September?

Eltham have been favourite every year, for years now. Until they can actually live up to that status, then I'll have reservations about them. Very similar to Montmorency in Div 1.

Most people had Eltham 4th/5th last year after they lost all the players they did. Banyule & Whittlesea clear favs year before that. Cannot remember the last time anyone had Mont as Favs.

Predictions this time of year are funny, if you go back and look at 2022 thread at the start you will see some ladder predictions that make fun reading.

I know we all love posts and discussion here but until 1. clearances are open and 2. Praccy matches start (although they are always a very rough guide) I think we all know SFA....a team coming from Div 1 will pull a few surprises in the remaining of the off season.

Most people had Eltham 4th/5th last year after they lost all the players they did. Banyule & Whittlesea clear favs year before that. Cannot remember the last time anyone had Mont as Favs.

Predictions this time of year are funny, if you go back and look at 2022 thread at the start you will see some ladder predictions that make fun reading.

I know we all love posts and discussion here but until 1. clearances are open and 2. Praccy matches start (although they are always a very rough guide) I think we all know SFA....a team coming from Div 1 will pull a few surprises in the remaining of the off season.
Mont have been one of the favourites the last few years. Recruited well, yet continue to fall short. They have done so for the last 20 years.

Eltham were red hot favourites in 2018 and we're favourites before the year started in 2019 and failed both years. 2022 they were still a top 3 fancy Before the season started and failed yet again after dominating the home and away season.

Sorry, but we can make as many excuses as we like, they've well and truly underachieved.

Mont have been one of the favourites the last few years. Recruited well, yet continue to fall short. They have done so for the last 20 years.

Eltham were red hot favourites in 2018 and we're favourites before the year started in 2019 and failed both years. 2022 they were still a top 3 fancy Before the season started and failed yet again after dominating the home and away season.

Sorry, but we can make as many excuses as we like, they've well and truly underachieved.
What were the excuses. You had an opinion and so did I.

Eltham have been ONE of the favorites since they came back down, they have fallen short, but I have not heard an excuse. Your definition of underachieving is odd, they make finals and in past few make GFs. On any given day you may win or lose, the concept that it's an ingrained 'choke' is close to moronic and shows anyone who thinks like that to be the same. Sometimes s**t happens, I am sure your supported team win every game and final every year, must be great. Players come and go and teams build like others. You make it sound like they should fold up and stop trying.

Not 100% sure on Mont, yeah they recruited well recently and in past 20 years had a decent crack at a flag and fallen short but when others around you do the same you cannot always win....and its 43 years for them not 20.

What were the excuses. You had an opinion and so did I.

Eltham have been ONE of the favorites since they came back down, they have fallen short, but I have not heard an excuse. Your definition of underachieving is odd, they make finals and in past few make GFs. On any given day you may win or lose, the concept that it's an ingrained 'choke' is close to moronic and shows anyone who thinks like that to be the same. Sometimes s**t happens, I am sure your supported team win every game and final every year, must be great. Players come and go and teams build like others. You make it sound like they should fold up and stop trying.

Not 100% sure on Mont, yeah they recruited well recently and in past 20 years had a decent crack at a flag and fallen short but when others around you do the same you cannot always win....and its 43 years for them not 20.
Pretty sure they blamed the weather in 2018

Thought I would go and have a look at Eltham finals record

2018 - 16-2 regular season
Finals games
El 6-8-44 defeated Lower 4-6-30
Grand final Eltham 2-10-22 lost to Lower 3-10-28
Runner-up

2019 - 11-5 regular season
El 8-15-63 defeated Thomastown 6-8-44
El 8-8-56 lost to Whittlesea 13-6-84
Finished 3rd

2022 - 17-1 regular season
El 10-9-69 lost to Banyule 11-12-78
El 7-13-55 defeated Diamond Creek 6-10-46
El 7-10-52 lost to Banyule 10-17-77
Runner up

Regular season record for these three season
Win - 44 Losses - 8 84.6% win/loss record

Finals
Win - 3 losses - 4 42.8 win/loss record.

Make of this what you will but I am sure the Eltham faithful would have loved to have won a flag in anyone of these 3 completed seasons.

Pressure will be on finals time to get the flag in 2023 and perform during the finals series

Thought I would go and have a look at Eltham finals record

2018 - 16-2 regular season
Finals games
El 6-8-44 defeated Lower 4-6-30
Grand final Eltham 2-10-22 lost to Lower 3-10-28
Runner-up

2019 - 11-5 regular season
El 8-15-63 defeated Thomastown 6-8-44
El 8-8-56 lost to Whittlesea 13-6-84
Finished 3rd

2022 - 17-1 regular season
El 10-9-69 lost to Banyule 11-12-78
El 7-13-55 defeated Diamond Creek 6-10-46
El 7-10-52 lost to Banyule 10-17-77
Runner up

Regular season record for these three season
Win - 44 Losses - 8 84.6% win/loss record

Finals
Win - 3 losses - 4 42.8 win/loss record.

Make of this what you will but I am sure the Eltham faithful would have loved to have won a flag in anyone of these 3 completed seasons.

Pressure will be on finals time to get the flag in 2023 and perform during the finals series
Heard Scanlon is playing, he would have to be 45 surely.

Can anyone close to Panther confirm?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back