• No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only edit I see is the one in your post

Oh and sir this is Wendy
1- plenty of people in real life survive being stabbed in the heart let alone in a marvel film
2- you did edit it
3- the saying is “sir this is a Wendys”

We can all go back to discussing the film now thanks.

Just got back.

They handled the loss of Chadwick really well.
It was great to finally see Namor on the big screen.
There’s a couple of twists I didn’t see coming, but overall nothing too crazy or out of left field took place.

Those like me who google how many cut scenes in the credits, there’s only the one and it’s shortly after the end of the movie.

I thought the movie overall was good without being great.

Namor’s motivation was sound as were his concerns with the rest of the world destroying his, and it was good to hear him utter the words “I’m a mutant”, but I was a little confused by his last scene as to whether he was being sincere or sinister regarding the alliance with Wakanda.

The introduction of Ironheart just seemed rushed to me. She’s a scientist one minute, then a college student who gets paid to do other people’s homework and within 5 minutes of meeting Shuri she’s flying in a suit and taking down military drones in her first flight. I also thought her eventual suit design looked pretty poor(possibly be design).

I still can’t get my head around Marvel Studios just forgetting that there’s a giant Celestial in the middle of the ocean in every movie since Eternals.

Killmonger jumping back in to talk to Sheri’s need for vengeance was a nice touch.

Only 1 credit scene, and no setting up of Doom or anything else left me pretty flat at the end.

Thought the plot of the credit scene was a nice touch and well hidden. Good twist to the arc of the T’Chala story.

Just coming back to this one and in relation to Ironheart, I felt that scene was rushed as well. As I mentioned before, pacing was a bit of an issue at times throughout with how much needed to be done in this film.

We’ll never know, but I wonder if Ironheart was in the original script prior to Chadwick’s passing. Obviously the script was significantly revamped afterwards and lent into an ensemble cast, so I wonder if she was an addition through the revisions.

I quite enjoyed her character and looking forward to the D+ series. The warehouse scene did seem to go from 0-100 so quickly. I couldn’t quite tell, was it Val or called the feds on them?

Speaking of which, that side plot of Val and the CIA/America’s view of Wakanda etc was a bit out of place and perhaps chewed up too much screen time - I wonder again if this was done in the aftermath and as perhaps a link up to Thunderboults in phase 5.

Just coming back to this one and in relation to Ironheart, I felt that scene was rushed as well. As I mentioned before, pacing was a bit of an issue at times throughout with how much needed to be done in this film.

We’ll never know, but I wonder if Ironheart was in the original script prior to Chadwick’s passing. Obviously the script was significantly revamped afterwards and lent into an ensemble cast, so I wonder if she was an addition through the revisions.

I quite enjoyed her character and looking forward to the D+ series. The warehouse scene did seem to go from 0-100 so quickly. I couldn’t quite tell, was it Val or called the feds on them?

Speaking of which, that side plot of Val and the CIA/America’s view of Wakanda etc was a bit out of place and perhaps chewed up too much screen time - I wonder again if this was done in the aftermath and as perhaps a link up to Thunderboults in phase 5.

spot on. i had no idea how she was integrated into the movie. and was she romantically linked with Ev Ross?

spot on. i had no idea how she was integrated into the movie. and was she romantically linked with Ev Ross?

They used to be married it was revealed briefly. That stuff really felt out of place and I think it was perhaps required by the studio to set up future films. At a guess, I think a thread that will continue in Thunderboults is the CIA’s search for Vibranium.

They used to be married it was revealed briefly. That stuff really felt out of place and I think it was perhaps required by the studio to set up future films. At a guess, I think a thread that will continue in Thunderboults is the CIA’s search for Vibranium.
or

A prequel spin off

When Everett Met Val

really enjoyed it.
Angela Bassett was A-Mazing. Absolute scene stealer. The scene with the UN was incredible

Have always loved the Dora’s music theme.

the tune when the Dora bring in the French military into the UN, bad ass. That was great.

And Angela Bassett, glorious. The scene with her and Okoye I have as one of the most powerful and brilliantly acted scenes across the entire MCU.

Preferred it to the first Black Panther to be honest, but I wasn’t a huge fan of that.

I found the iron heart character insufferable, if she’s getting a series that’s one I’ll be skipping

Watched it tonight, thought it was really brilliant. Easily the best one since Endgame for me.

Just a few things:

1. Didn’t love how the plot was initially set up. Without introduction (and fully aware this comes up because I don’t know the comics), this 19 year old American has developed a tool to mine vibranium. Only after reading this thread did I realise she’s actually someone of importance, to more than just this movie. Where the story went from there was great though.

2. Again, no idea who Namor is but loved him and that whole concept. It actually felt like a proper challenge for the Wakandans but not only that, the background story and city is just fantastic. Really loved that side of it.

3. Didn’t mind the pacing for the most part but the crossing to the Americans at any point felt odd and out of place. The first UN scene makes sense but after that, it wasn’t needed. Speaking of, what’s the deal with Fontaine? I’ve seen her pop up a few times.

4. Winston Duke is one of the best things to come out of the Black Panther’s, he just is.

5. The T’Challa stuff all done as well as you’d expect.

I am a little confused at the end, was Namor happy to now be in an alliance with the Wakandan’s or was he suggesting they’d be able to strike when they turned to him for help? Is he a big character in the bigger scheme of things?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched it tonight, thought it was really brilliant. Easily the best one since Endgame for me.

Just a few things:

1. Didn’t love how the plot was initially set up. Without introduction (and fully aware this comes up because I don’t know the comics), this 19 year old American has developed a tool to mine vibranium. Only after reading this thread did I realise she’s actually someone of importance, to more than just this movie. Where the story went from there was great though.

2. Again, no idea who Namor is but loved him and that whole concept. It actually felt like a proper challenge for the Wakandans but not only that, the background story and city is just fantastic. Really loved that side of it.

3. Didn’t mind the pacing for the most part but the crossing to the Americans at any point felt odd and out of place. The first UN scene makes sense but after that, it wasn’t needed. Speaking of, what’s the deal with Fontaine? I’ve seen her pop up a few times.

4. Winston Duke is one of the best things to come out of the Black Panther’s, he just is.

5. The T’Challa stuff all done as well as you’d expect.

I am a little confused at the end, was Namor happy to now be in an alliance with the Wakandan’s or was he suggesting they’d be able to strike when they turned to him for help? Is he a big character in the bigger scheme of things?

Yes I have it comfortably the best since Endgame, shading Shang Chi for me. Have seen it twice now and it really is quite the accomplishment to even get this film up to this standard given the circumstances with King Chadwick. It was handled with grace and respect, those closing scenes and the mid credit scene still got me into a mess. Beautiful. Angela Bassett as well, holy s**t. The scene with Okoye is about as powerful and well acted scene as across the MCU.

Its not a flawless film though and yes the pacing/timing of the UN/CIA scenes didn't quite click for me. I felt that was unneccesaary and wish the film just stayed with the Wakanda/Talokan plotline. Ironheart's introduction and then going straight into the Mark 1 suit was a bit rushed too.

The closing scene of Namor and Namora yes I was confused with the first time. But seeing it again, I believe he is convinced the alliance is the right thing to do for Talokan, however I get the sense its setting up a future clash with Namora who dislikes the alliance and wants to see Talokan not only defeat Wakanda again, but the "surface world". I wonder if that plays out the next time Namor/Talokan feauture in a future project.

Yes I have it comfortably the best since Endgame, shading Shang Chi for me. Have seen it twice now and it really is quite the accomplishment to even get this film up to this standard given the circumstances with King Chadwick. It was handled with grace and respect, those closing scenes and the mid credit scene still got me into a mess. Beautiful. Angela Bassett as well, holy s**t. The scene with Okoye is about as powerful and well acted scene as across the MCU.

Its not a flawless film though and yes the pacing/timing of the UN/CIA scenes didn't quite click for me. I felt that was unneccesaary and wish the film just stayed with the Wakanda/Talokan plotline. Ironheart's introduction and then going straight into the Mark 1 suit was a bit rushed too.

The closing scene of Namor and Namora yes I was confused with the first time. But seeing it again, I believe he is convinced the alliance is the right thing to do for Talokan, however I get the sense its setting up a future clash with Namora who dislikes the alliance and wants to see Talokan not only defeat Wakanda again, but the "surface world". I wonder if that plays out the next time Namor/Talokan feauture in a future project.
Is there a stand alone movie coming for Namor/Talokan? Almost feels like it deserves it’s own but then they just showed so much of it in this one.

Is there a stand alone movie coming for Namor/Talokan? Almost feels like it deserves it’s own but then they just showed so much of it in this one.

From what I understand, there’s some kind of rights issue that prevents Marvel from doing a solo project of Namor. Similar to Hulk, those rights are still owned by Universal Studios. I believe it’s just ensemble type films etc for now that they can appear in.

Would love a Talokan themed Disney+ series for example, I agree it is deserving of more.

Showing some solid late-run holiday legs in the states at the moment. It's still in 2000+ theaters heading into week 8. Up to $435M through Friday, which in the pandemic era is decent. Like the original it's slightly more domestic than international, similar sequel numbers decline to (the more worldwide skewing) Jurassic World & Fallen Kingdom (which also released during a World Cup).

Really enjoyed it. Solid 4/5

Felt like a proper film/comic book movie. The last act is a bit of a let down where it falls victim to the MCU generic template. But overall I was surprised how much I liked this sequel.

The movie was hit and miss for me.

The tributes to Chadwick were well done.

I did not like the way the movie handled Namors backstory and the explanation of his motivations. The whole plot of him wanting to kill Riri was dumb on many levels. First of all there it would be very likely the government would be able to recreate the machine without her now. Also they already had reading of a rough location of were the vibrianium was. They could pin point the ships last location and work from there.

Also these film felt more cheaply made. The CGI backgrounds are becoming more and more obvious in the marvel films and you can tell alot of the time they are just on a small set. Another thing that looked cheap.and just bad was Okoyes new suit. Maybe its not transferrable to the screen but it was not good.

The acting was good for the most part. The MBJ cameo was great as was Angela Basset.

Also I was confused by the post credits scene. Is this a cheeky way of recasting T'challa without recasting T'challa?

I was ready for an exploration of grief and loss, an exploration within a character, and also how the grieving sister, effective successor, and leader for Wakanda (Shuri, played by Letitia Wright) navigated an unexpected leadership position out of tragedy. But the whole part about Namor and his people felt so rushed it prevented the movie from making the emotional impact it promised in the first act. Watching the battle on the boat, I reached a point where it all seemed ludicrous. Like I was watching some video game. Therein is the rub with Marvel movies. But the CGI was terrific. They spent a bucket on that. There is lightness in the characters, comedic lines, and mixed emotional undertones throughout the movie. Overall, I thought the movie was good, but it had promised to be great until they went all "Marvel" in it. 7/10 (Good, but not great)

Posted this in the movies I watched thread and I didnt know the backstory

Wakanda Forever - Disney 2hrs 40+

It was always going to be difficult to explain and do a story around Bosemans death but they did it tastefully and with dignity

At 2 hours and 40+ I wondered if this could have been 2 movies. It was presented in a way that a cliffhanger could have been built into it easily enough.

ie Romanda and the rise of Namor ending with Romandas death
followed by
Shuri being annointed ie longer scene and her and Riri building and developing weapons and herbs and resloution

The 1st half presents a suitably strong villain and their story is told well. The 2nd half sees the resolution of a few threads started in the 1st

Overall this is an ok movie let down by length because the story and action didnt hold my attention as much as the 1st movie.

There are mid credit scenes

Now I see there were backstories for some of the characters. It doesnt change much. Do agree Bassett was Boss. Shuri and Riri were weak

It wasn't bad, it's probably been the better of a mostly average post End Game area. First half was good, but second half stutters a bit and suffers for it. Quite a few lazy/convenient plot points along the way too.

Like vast said too, some of the CGI was distracting. Bassett was great but the rest a bit so/so.

Says a lot about Chadwick, but think it's hard to keep BP standalone movies going after this.

Also I was confused by the post credits scene. Is this a cheeky way of recasting T'challa without recasting T'challa?

There’s been much speculation about whether that’s the case, or if he will feature in some kind of future Young Avengers style team up. For me though it was just beautifully done without needing him to reappear somewhere down the line. In a way, I hope he doesn’t.

He was perfectly cast, the likeness to King Chadwick was palpable. And the way he delivered that line of his real name, outstanding. Having rewatched the film tonight, I maintain the opening 5 minutes and it’s closing are magnificent. The same issues within the middle of the film remain for me.

Finally managed to watch this tonight. After dodging spoilers and even the poster for months it is a miracle that I didn't know that Shuri would be the new BP and that Namor was even in the movie :cool:

After having low expectations it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it had a lot of things holding it back to making it better than a 7/10.

The bad:
  • Ironheart: horrific power rangers suit and as mentioned a cop out thrown in intro for a Disney+ film
  • No avengers at the funeral - should have at least had Bucky there
  • Midnight Angels design was pretty horrific despite being comic accurate
  • The issue Marvel has now with new introductions into the MCU is whether this movie was a BP sequel or Namor origin story
  • There is no such thing as decent security in the MCU with Nakia easily rescuing Shuri, Okoye rescuing Ross, etc etc
  • Still don't rate Letitia Wright's acting
  • The plan to bring a boat and have them fight on top of a boat to beat Namor
  • Namor thinking that the new BP is more powerful than him but she did a lot right to get him into a weakened state before his life was spared

The great:
  • Namor and everything Talokan related, especially their fight scenes
  • Killmonger: was hoping he miraculously made it back to Earth

The glorious:
- Angela Bassett: especially the scene where she strips Okoye of her duties

Back