Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 3 - Saints v Bombers Sat April 1st 7:25pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Which does not mean much given both clubs have combined to score 93 points.

On the flip side, Essendon have managed 232 points so unless St Kilda do another stranglehold and keep the Bombers to less than 11 goals, they aren't winning.

Think you have just answered your own question.

This ain’t going to be a shootout !.

Days leading up to Saints vs Essendon are sleepless nights, we just forget how to play football whenever we play them. I wonder if this is how New Zealand cricket fans feel whenever NZ play Aus in test cricket

On the flip side, Essendon have managed 232 points so unless St Kilda do another stranglehold and keep the Bombers to less than 11 goals, they aren't winning.

Essendon should be favourites because they kicked high scores against weaker sides vs St Kilda who played better teams and kept them to a lower score.

Incredible Bigfooty logic.

This one's hard to call. Especially with rain on the forecast.

Saints have a s**t load of injuries, and we are genuine bottom 4. Both teams are 2-0 but both have beaten no one.

Think it will be close but i feel like saint might get up for the 150th.

Jack Steele is a big out.

Come again? We beat last year finalists and you you guys beat up the wooden spooners and Gold Coast at home.

It doesn’t mean much that we’ve kept two of last years finalists to a combined 93 points!?
Well I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that we are indeed planning on going stranglehold mode again.

Steele a big loss though, on top of all the others, so I’ll take any win.

Come again? We beat last year finalists and you you guys beat up the wooden spooners and Gold Coast at home.

you have beaten freo who just lost to norf rofl

and the dogs are utterly woeful. both are 0-2

i wouldn't be using the fact they played finals as some barometer, but if it makes you feel better go for it. I didn't say Essendon have beaten any one noteworthy, so unsure why you are even mentioning it. I literally said we have beaten no one also.

Essendon should be favourites because they kicked high scores against weaker sides vs St Kilda who played better teams and kept them to a lower score.

Incredible Bigfooty logic.

You guys play a pathetic low scoring dour style. It never worked for Ross at any club he has been to and it's hysterical listening to your supporter base carrying in like you have found the finishing piece to the jigsaw.

You guys play a pathetic low scoring dour style. It never worked for Ross at any club he has been to and it's hysterical listening to your supporter base carrying in like you have found the finishing piece to the jigsaw.

Have you watched either of our games? Just another one of those "Ross does the same thing he did ten years ago" no substance arguments.

How to tell everyone that you haven’t watched us play without telling everyone you haven’t watched us play. 🤦

We’re playing a vastly more attacking game style than we did last time he was coaching us. It’s like chalk and cheese.

Our scoring is low because we’re missing most of our forwardline and as a result we’re in the bottom 6 for converting our inside 50’s.

We’re playing one of the most attacking styles of any team when we have the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched either of our games?
You’d be concerned if they did and still came to that conclusion!

Speaking of our ball movement, Essendon are reportedly ranked 3rd-last for defending transition (ahead of only Hawthorn and WB), so they’re going to want to improve that this week, or their backline could be under immense pressure.

15 goals is low scoring?
Whilst keeping the opposition goalless for almost three quarters?

Just saw what Langford said about Saints picking essendon for the 150th celebration since they think they're an easy beat. What Langford probably didn't know is the club was officially formed on April 2nd (it would be poetic if it was the 1st)

Kicked two goals more than the Cats did last week yet somehow that translates into pathetic dour low scoring football.

We should have let the Bulldogs get more than 5 goals, clearly.

Are you comparing one week's work to last years premiers?
You scored 67 points in week one.

You will have a lot of trouble keeping Essendon to under 100 points this week.

You shouldn't comment on teams you clearly haven't watched it makes you seem really foolish, our style is far from dour. As for low scoring we have all of our tall forwards injured at once, I think we're doing pretty well in circumstances

You shouldn't comment on teams you clearly haven't watched it makes you seem really foolish

I watch a lot of St Kilda.
My fathers best mate use to play for them so I'm fully aware of how they play. We attend matches every now and again.

Just so you know, he hates their style of game. Then again, ask any old player and they dislike today's game in general. Too much backwards and sideways stuff and not enough attacking.
Good to see a club like Collingwood bring back the enjoyment again.

I watch a lot of St Kilda.
My fathers best mate use to play for them so I'm fully aware of how they play. We attend matches every now and again.

Just so you know, he hates their style of game. Then again, ask any old player and they dislike today's game in general. Too much backwards and forwards stuff and not enough attacking.
Good to see a club like Collingwood bring back the enjoyment again.
I'm only talking about since Ross returned, we haven't had proper structure pretty much since he left the first time it's been horrific. The last two weeks though we've been defending as a team but then attacking hard and with great flair, it's just been stifled somewhat because no King, Membrey, Hayes etc (although the youngsters have all had a crack).

Speaking of our ball movement, Essendon are reportedly ranked 3rd-last for defending transition (ahead of only Hawthorn and WB), so they’re going to want to improve that this week, or their backline could be under immense pressure.
Yeah Essendon still a work in progress with that part of the game I expect that to improve as the season goes.

Can I get a link? Not suggesting you’re making it up just would like to view the stats

Back