Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not especially responding to your post, but I can't see Longmuir bringing in anyone who doesn't support what he is doing. A defensive mindset being the starting point.
If he is actually like that I'd say the obvious threat of getting boned after all these losses will quickly get him to come around.

Monotone and uninspiring. If he stays on next year it‘s an absolute train wreck.
He's extremely lucky they don't ask more relevant, probing questions.

What did he cop? 4 questions all up? Got out of there in a flash and gives nothing direct to fans/members to acknowledge the supporter base.

So what period of underperformance are we talking here? Six games? Seven games? Are young players not susceptible to swings in form? Is there no value in players getting games together to develop cohesion? Do we rate a shorter period now higher than a prolonged period immediately proceeding it?
With our draw, I think the calculation is also that this season is effectively all but over, and the rebuild itself in question. The other aspect is how the issues with the game plan have been responded to.

We entered the year having traded out mature best 22 players and a couple of early round draft picks. A couple of weeks in and the club's decision making process in multiple areas rightly in question.

If a better coach is available, end of 23 could be an option, otherwise, option B.
Buckley would be worth a Gamble, he should have won the '18 flag but for the fluke from Sheed,
He's had a bit of time in the media to refresh his techniques.
I still think JLo would be a good assistant, just lacks polish at the pointy end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just don’t understand the game plan. This zoning crap allowing opposition to go from one end to another is baffling. What’s wrong with forcing them to kick to a contest. Our players handball then stand off instead of helping teammates with a shepperd or block. Our kick outs are poor the kicker most times doesnt even run full distance they have forgotten the rules changed and kick from the square. Pretty simple I would have thought.
and whats with current umpiring allowing players to throw the ball no one handballs correctly anymore other teams do it so why don’t we?

Just don’t understand the game plan. This zoning crap allowing opposition to go from one end to another is baffling. What’s wrong with forcing them to kick to a contest. Our players handball then stand off instead of helping teammates with a shepperd or block. Our kick outs are poor the kicker most times doesnt even run full distance they have forgotten the rules changed and kick from the square. Pretty simple I would have thought.
and whats with current umpiring allowing players to throw the ball no one handballs correctly anymore other teams do it so why don’t we?

We're literally doing everything wrong and JLo either can't see it or he's too stubborn to adjust.

2-5 after what was seen as a soft 6 games to start the season for a team that almost finished top 4. We've been found out badly and nothing has changed. Same team week in week out, same plan. He has no idea how to change anything. Our next 4 games we are probably going to be going 1-3 so will be 3-8 heading into the bye. That is a staggering drop off. I know people are trying to soften the blame at the coach by saying we lost a few players but seriously - Logue was a part time player playing in the wrong position for us, easily replaced. Acres kicks spent more time in the air than on Fremantle chests. Tucker was in and out of the team. It's not good enough. Last season seems more like a fluke than anything else.

Buckley would be worth a Gamble, he should have won the '18 flag but for the fluke from Sheed,
He's had a bit of time in the media to refresh his techniques.
I still think JLo would be a good assistant, just lacks polish at the pointy end
Think bucks is a fascinating one the worry being JLo spent so much time under bucks would really be concerned they have same philosophy.

Also bucks was hardly daring. Really hugged that boundary line

I just don't understand why we haven't tried players in different positions. Maybe try some other youngsters in the midfield or on the wing i.e Clark or Young or Chapman, try Cox or even Pearce in the forward line, just try something different.
Even if it's for a 1 or 2 quarters and when we are down by 4 to 6 goals. We are going to lose if you don't change it!

Only play players that have talent and have upside. Erasmus, Johnson, NOD should play all games.

Erasmus not coming on until 3/4 time was pathetic. Should have started the game or been subbed on when 5 goals down and getting thrashed in the middle. Once again poor coaching...

other things
1. Worner should have played by now.
2. JOM to HFF and play in midfield only when Brodie is not there. He will kick a few and set up others.
3. If Brayshaw is injured... rest him! and get games into other youngsters.
4.Hamling.... time to get him back?
5. Skills!

Yada yada yada....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back