Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsEd Curnow
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Alex CincottaOllie HollandsJosh Honey
Brodie Kemp
Emergencies:Lachie CowanZac FisherLachie Fogarty
Matthew Kennedy

It's why I like cottrell for his spot...has these attributes that I'd say Fisher lacks: big body and strong tackler, good overhead mark, relatively reliable goal kicker and elite endurance. I think he's a clear upgrade.

Love to see a Carlton team full of strong, big bodies but not sacrificing speed and running power. Like Acres, Cots has all these attributes.
This X 1000

What was it exactly that impressed you with Honey’s game BB?, it’s limited watching on the screen with what you can/can’t see…
if you can let us know maybe about his positioning & workrate he did seem to position himself into better areas in & around where the ball went forward also up the ground occasionally, how was his pressure and was he in positions too be used more than he actually was?
I’d love for this kid to become a more damaging pressure/goal kicking forward, Cheers 👍

He was getting separation from his opponent in spots forward of centre that you want half forwards to get to. He is very quick, knows how to lead and is a beautiful kick for goal which are all attributes you want in a half forward.

I do think he has been lacking a bit of confidence so getting a continuous run of games at league level may what he needs.
He was very disappointing vs St Kilda but I would like to see how he goes against Brisbane.

If he fails to fire then we probably know he can’t mix it against good opposition. I also doubt Owies comes straight back in after 4 weeks out injured, Motlop is not a walk up starter IMO whilst Cotts and Binns are wingers not half forwards.

Relying solely on a team of alpha males for hunting and gathering may not be sustainable. It's important to have a balance of brainpower, leadership, and knowledge and achieving this balance may come at the cost of speed.

While I agree with replacing Fisher with Cotts, I believe Ed is more valuable than some people may think.

Relying solely on a team of alpha males for hunting and gathering may not be sustainable. It's important to have a balance of brainpower, leadership, and knowledge and achieving this balance may come at the cost of speed.

While I agree with replacing Fisher with Cotts, I believe Ed is more valuable than some people may think.
Just not seeing what Ed brings that Kennedy doesn't. Kennedy is the better mid and I would argue would be a far more effective HF. Only thing Ed has that Kennedy doesnt is the ability to tag - just not sure that is a big enough reason to play him when Hewett could always play that run with role.

He was getting separation from his opponent in spots forward of centre that you want half forwards to get to. He is very quick, knows how to lead and is a beautiful kick for goal which are all attributes you want in a half forward.

I do think he has been lacking a bit of confidence so getting a continuous run of games at league level may what he needs.
He was very disappointing vs St Kilda but I would like to see how he goes against Brisbane.

If he fails to fire then we probably know he can’t mix it against good opposition. I also doubt Owies comes straight back in after 4 weeks out injured, Motlop is not a walk up starter IMO whilst Cotts and Binns are wingers not half forwards.

Reckon Binns and Cotts are both very capable of playing HF.

Just not seeing what Ed brings that Kennedy doesn't. Kennedy is the better mid and I would argue would be a far more effective HF. Only thing Ed has that Kennedy doesnt is the ability to tag - just not sure that is a big enough reason to play him when Hewett could always play that run with role.

The coaches initially underestimated Bam Bam and hence the sub for West Coast. The determination the in 4th was amazing. I hope that he maintains that same level of motivation and keeps his spot.

I think Ed's tank also brings some intangible benefits, putting him against Lachie would be a smart play imo.

The coaches initially underestimated Bam Bam and hence the sub for West Coast. The determination the in 4th was amazing. I hope that he maintains that same level of motivation and keeps his spot.

I think Ed's tank also brings some intangible benefits, putting him against Lachie would be a smart play imo.
Yeh get what you are saying I just think balance wise you have to go with one - will be interesting to see selection this week

he has a significant endurance advantage over kennedy who has a relatively low TOG

he has a significant endurance advantage over kennedy who has a relatively low TOG
I think you can make up for that if you play Kennedy as a 50/50 mid/forward. Let him get some "rest" minutes as a forward and think he could have an impact with his marking and kicking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of stories flying about he was nursing a bad corky (pre game)?

I think fish will keep his spot for his ability to be in more transitions. Just think Voss will see owies and Motlop as forward 50 players or not good enough at accumulating.

Dunno if I agree but that's my guess. So I think it'll be just

Motlop for Honey. A second change I think would just be a swap of Kennedy and Ed, keep this team stable. Please. The balance was good.
AFGBDKHMTHOTCMGGAToG%

V Eagles

V Saints

Was poor v Crows as they all were

V North

V Giants

V Cats

V Tigers

Fisher I see him as a multirole pivotal player,he can be quite important,I think he has been I little off so far this yr......however I see improvement especially if the morale can lift a bit he will lift...
Carlton Fc Celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club

AFGBDKHMTHOTCMGGAToG%

V Eagles

V Saints

Was poor v Crows as they all were

V North

V Giants

V Cats

V Tigers

Fisher I see him as a multirole pivotal player,he can be quite important,I think he has been I little off so far this yr......however I see improvement especially if the morale can lift a bit he will lift...
Carlton Fc Celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club
It's not Fisher's offensive ability that is poor. He's average - not clean, not polished, but he does get decent numbers.

It's that he's such a liability going the other way. He's small so always gets outmarked - LOB syndrome. He's weak so even when he attempts a tackle the opponent can just shrug him off. When he's in a pack he's basically half a person so we're outnumbered 3 to 2, or 4 to 3.

Extra - By contrast, I think Acres' biggest asset as a wing is his height. How nice is it to have someone who can reliably be a hard running marking target? What a bonus to have him float back for an intercept or spoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back