AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury report is usually Wednesday nights, sometimes Tuesday or Thursday depending on which day we're playing
Think it's only Tuesday if we play Thursday/Friday, Thursday if we play Monday/Tuesday, Wednesday if we play Saturday/Sunday

Think it's only Tuesday if we play Thursday/Friday, Thursday if we play Monday/Tuesday, Wednesday if we play Saturday/Sunday
Sounds about right. All I know is if I stick around on a computer until it drops, it won't drop until 11pm. And if I put the computer away it'll be up by 5.30

So without Parish we got absolutely smacked in the contested possession count, beaten in clearances in the 2nd half when the game turned, recorded our lowest number of inside 50s for the season. and suffered our worst loss so far.

Let's get rid of him to improve the team.

Last edited:
Would have to be a very, very good player to replace Parish.

I would prefer to keep him and look to trade Shiel. I know you won't get as much for him but it is a false economy to trade elite FOR elite, what is the point.

Would have to be a very, very good player to replace Parish.

I would prefer to keep him and look to trade Shiel. I know you won't get as much for him but it is a false economy to trade elite FOR elite, what is the point.
Not sure Shiel would have much currency on the open market to be honest. Would be better off keeping him imo.
Tsatas to me would be the perfect replacement for Shiel in a couple years, just a taller version.

On SM-G780G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure Shiel would have much currency on the open market to be honest. Would be better off keeping him imo.
Tsatas to me would be the perfect replacement for Shiel in a couple years, just a taller version.

Agree, Shiel has been disappointing for mine but to trade Parish would be insane IMO.

If your getting a top 30 pick for Shiel your packing his bags

Shiel probably taking up a good chunk of cap space too
OOC next year though.
probably not to much of an issue.
Agree, Shiel has been disappointing for mine but to trade Parish would be insane IMO.
agree but also think we need to face into the fact that he may make that decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OOC next year though.
probably not to much of an issue.

agree but also think we need to face into the fact that he may make that decision.
If he makes that decision then we cant do much about it after that

I think were talking about pushing/edging him out for pick 7 as an issue

If your getting a top 30 pick for Shiel your packing his bags
No, you are packing his bags.

I wouldnt be trading Shiel at all unless it was some outrageous offer.
We are bereft of experience and running power as it is - and so you trade away one of most experienced players and arguably your best power runner?

He has already shown he can move around to the wing and HFF as well.

No, you are packing his bags.

I wouldnt be trading Shiel at all unless it was some outrageous offer.
We are bereft of experience and running power as it is - and so you trade away one of most experienced players and arguably your best power runner?

He has already shown he can move around to the wing and HFF as well.
when parish is back, hobbs has that extra month, Tsatas is in...would be good to see Shiel exposed on the opposite wing to Martin
Duz as third winger
Langford permanent HF (& Martin rotation)

Another thing from Brad's press conference... definitely doesn't want to lose Parish, sees him as integral to what we're building, missed him last week and will miss him again this week. If it was up to Essendon we wouldn't trade him, but he's a free agent so Brad sees his role as one of building a vision and an environment that Parish wants to be a part of.

Not a great time to be a ‘our midfield is so deep and wonderful and great and all conquering that we can afford to be trading out All Australian midfielders’ person

Remove this Banner Ad

Back