Autopsy Round 10, 2023: Hawthorn demolish the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

*en Foxtel … I can’t watch the game live so record it (via season link)

It recorded the first two quarters on channel Fox 504 until half time, then they switch to Fox channel 503?

The Foxtel box continues to record the start of Carlton vs Collingwood, when the hawks are at halftime in Tasmania.

I’m sooo annoyed
Now I feel bad for telling the kids off for changing the channel and missing the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Butler almost laid more tackles (6) in 1 game than wingard (8)has all season! Also Butler had 9 score involvements from his 16 touches and 0 turnovers today!

His little deft taps and knock ons are underrated. Same with Nash.

Both of these guys created opportunities without taking possession. An underrated aspect of our threepeat sides.

A heap of players I could highlight, but one needs a special mention.

14 disposals and 9 tackles from one C.MacDonald. In 40% game time.

Also (and this doesn't need to become a roasting contest), but I don't understand how Chad gets his way back into this side when Brockman and Butler are putting in performances like that. Not a one time thing either. Brocky has been doing it every week and Buttsy has played his two best career games back to back.

No doubt Sam has gotten in to his ear at one point about his defensive efforts.

That's one way to show your coach that you're prepared to crack in.

S6ezUK8R_400x400.jpg

Are the Hawks foolish for hurting their chances of getting pick 1?

Poor Lil fella, all the charisma of a wet fart and about as bright as a pissed on candle.

Good on the boys for getting one of the 'W' we should be getting. Haven't seen any of it, but good for morale for now to thump a team regardless of their position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Image 21-5-2023 at 6.39 pm.jpeg
Mitchell Lewis joins a list of Hawthorn greats. There's no doubt in my mind that we'll be talking about him at the end of his career among these great names.

Great statement by the team. A win of half the margin would've been acceptable but they were ruthless. Exactly what we want to see.

Exciting stuff seeing the emergence of another wave of players. Weddle, Mackenzie, Mitchell all look like 200+ game players.

Sicily able to play free again. Lewis bag of 6. Brockman staying more involved. And many more great signs.

S6ezUK8R_400x400.jpg

Are the Hawks foolish for hurting their chances of getting pick 1?
Wow.
I don't think I have seen a worse performance from an AFL team.

They wouldn't win the WAFL comp with what they dished up today.

Kids getting more confidence the big positive but let's not kid ourselves Box Hill would have given us more of a contest than
Good on the boys for getting one of the 'W' we should be getting. Haven't seen any of it, but good for morale for now to thump a team regardless of their position.
For me the exciting thing was the ruthlessness of it. These youngsters are going to be frightening opponents in three years when they are seasoned players. I think the hard times are forging a coming ferocity that we can glimpse already.

View attachment 1693272
Mitchell Lewis joins a list of Hawthorn greats. There's no doubt in my mind that we'll be talking about him at the end of his career among these great names.
Pretty crazy we had 4 of those guys in the one forward line at one stage. Add Breust and poppy to that in 2012-13, has to be the best forward line of all time.

Hard to gauge the backline in a win like that but Sicily back to his normal role with the inclusion of Mitchell and Weddle, we look great

Just need another big KPD at some point but you can see the bones of what the defence will be for the next 8-10 years
They had one mark inside 50 for the game. Fair effort from the back line even in the circumstances.

I know people are saying "yeah but who'd we play", but that's exactly how you want to beat a bad side. Be ruthless!!!

Had we just won by 5-7 goals, I'd be disheartened. But they saw weakness and punished them. Great win!!!

Last edited:
We got to see what our system looks like when we've got the space to work it.

8 goals in the last was the best part of it. We're bottom of the ladder - we could have definitely cruised once it got to 10 goals up, but it went the other way. Newcombe especially went harder in the last than the three quarters before it.

We obviously arnt there yet but I love seeing these journo nerds that still write their articles in the basement of thier parents house thinking they know more than a 300 game, Brownlow medallist, 4 time premiership star. Mitch knows what he is doing so let’s all enjoy the ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back