Autopsy Round 10, 2023: Hawthorn demolish the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

We did what we should have today against a reserves side.

I thought going in an 80 point margin was par looking at their side on paper.

They kicked 2 points in 60 minutes of football in perfect conditions against the bottom side.

If they play a top side that wants to slaughter them and puts the foot down we could be looking at 160 point losses for them to come.

Reeves Ok? Anyone know the severity of the ankle?

Hope it's precautionary. Saw him motion to the bench that he was coming off but was still able to attend a few ruck contests before he made his way.

Poor Eagles had one of the worst teams ever to take the field...and then lost another during the game.

Still, I'm glad we took advantage of it, and didn't just eke out an ugly 23 point win.

Now let's beat the Saints next week!!!

My favourite part was the ruthlessness, didn’t let up, threepeat esque.

It was like we took the lame horse that is West Coast under our wing, said everything was going to be okay, got the lame horse a job, a job at a glue factory, watched the horse get itself a nice little rental on the edge of town, started to get the horse to work extra hours, withheld overtime rates, withheld super, started paying the horse sporadically, when the horse complained we cut back shifts, eventually we sacked the horse, he lost his rental and ended up on the streets to which we took the horse back to the factory and turned it into glue, glue that we never used…

Anyway, like I said, we were ruthless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to get the win but I'm not going all over the top about it. We played a side box Hill would beat.

Nobody here is saying that the lid is off, or that we're premiership bound. I think most people on this board would recognise that the standard of the opponent was very low. What we're trying to enjoy, without being a Debbie Downer about it, is the green shoots that we've seen from a number of players on which hopes have been pinned and a glimpse at the Sam Mitchell game plan when the playing group matures.

All those commenting that we only beat a VFL standard side, who the hell else were they supposed to beat?

Ask for a better team to be presented?

All they can do is play the team in front of them and they did that.

****en Foxtel … I can’t watch the game live so record it (via season link)

It recorded the first two quarters on channel Fox 504 until half time, then they switch to Fox channel 503?

The Foxtel box continues to record the start of Carlton vs Collingwood, when the hawks are at halftime in Tasmania.

I’m sooo annoyed

Nobody here is saying that the lid is off, or that we're premiership bound. I think most people on this board would recognise that the standard of the opponent was very low. What we're trying to enjoy, without being a Debbie Downer about it, is the green shoots that we've seen from a number of players on which hopes have been pinned and a glimpse at the Sam Mitchell game plan when the playing group matures.
Spot on - it was a good win (albeit by 116 points).

Backline seemed settled, better mid/fwd connection but for mine it was Weddle, Brockman, Butler and Mitchell taking a step forward which was most pleasing.

We have more list changes to make at the end of the year and these kids getting regular games will make those changes easier to manage.

Just what the players needed. A huge win, with a no mercy slaughter. It gives them the belief that they belong, it gives them hope for the future. Who cares if it was only West Coast, the fact that this team won and won convincingly is more about our culture that we want to develop.

This season isn’t about wins and losses or draft picks, it’s the process of teaching a young squad of eventually becoming premiership players. This is the win that will enable us to start to instil that belief.

*en Foxtel … I can’t watch the game live so record it (via season link)

It recorded the first two quarters on channel Fox 504 until half time, then they switch to Fox channel 503?

The Foxtel box continues to record the start of Carlton vs Collingwood, when the hawks are at halftime in Tasmania.

I’m sooo annoyed
You should be able to watch it fully later

Remove this Banner Ad

Back