Preview Richmond v Sydney MCG Thursday night at 7 20 .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Paps is closer to being dropped. Selfish and ineffective lately.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Won't get dropped, but hasn't played a decent game for a while .

Hopefully plays like the last tigers game

The pile on here is like some of you want him gone , every player has down periods and he's not exempt . Might be getting used to playing without Buddy as the new forwards have different leading patterns . Against WC he took 8 marks which is more than any other Swan , On Friday night he had 8 score involvements , equal to Angus . Even Goodsey and other icons had down periods .

Left field idea on Robbie Fox

• we all agree Fox should be best 22(23)
  • has been squeezed out of preferred role in defence
  • May struggle as a full time forward

How about he plays as an undersized 2nd ruck?

Similar to Shaun grigg in successful Tigers teams circa 2017 or thereabouts
This idea has some merit, depends on his ability to play the position of course, but if someone were able to do the role justice, Fox would be the man.

Impressive by Logan (and should have been more impressive had he not dropped that chest mark and subsequently soccerred that behind), perhaps the club should give him an extra job as goal kicking coach

Impressive by Logan (and should have been more impressive had he not dropped that chest mark and subsequently soccerred that behind), perhaps the club should give him an extra job as goal kicking coach

Wow. Definitely would not have expected that. I actually thought his set shots had been a little poor this year but that proves otherwise.

Apart from anything else he has a shot routine THAT HE STICKS TO. Surely the rest of our forwards could do the same.

From memory, was that his last big game?
If by big game, you mean a small forward kicking 6 goals and racking up elite midfielder numbers then yes, that was his last big game.

If you mean big game by most small forwards standards then it would have been against the eagles. Prior to that his games against St Kilda and Freo were pretty good too.

Definitely been in a form slump since the Tigers game but still leads our goal kicking and goal assists for the season and rarely gets held to less than 10 touches. He stacks up okay against most small forwards in the comp still.

It's astounding to me that anyone thinks we could bring someone in from the reserves to do a better job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayward this season is averaging 4.8 marks per game
That is a career best. He is also equal highest career average for contested marks.

Averaging more kicks per game than previous seasons and his disposal efficiency is also a career best as is his score involvements.

The area he is down is goals scored (0.9 per game). Last two years he has managed 1.4 per match.
His goalkicking is clearly one reason for that, but he is also working more into defence as well. His R50 average is three times his career average and to date he has recorded more R50s this season than the total for any other year.

So more marks, kicks, score involvements, defence rebounding than previous years and with a career best disposal efficiency.
Hardly a player who doesn't want the ball.

I really don't understand people constantly demanding he get dropped.
I would suggest the frustration comes from the drop in form of all our small forwards. Heeney and Papley are undroppable, so the questions move onto Hayward.

What we really need is for all 3 to kick a few more goals.

The only other small forwards we have are Konstantny and Wicks. Neither come within a bulls roar of Tom.

Maybe people are confusing Hayward with Papley. Papley‘sGAs and SIs are pretty good. Yes he burns team mates but he also creates opportunities for them as well.

Hayward plays as a forward and should be a reliable set shot for goal. At the moment he has the yips and unfortunately so does Heeney. Even the normally reliable McLean looked shaky. Bad kicking seems contagious.

How many forwards with the yips can the team carry?

If by big game, you mean a small forward kicking 6 goals and racking up elite midfielder numbers then yes, that was his last big game.

If you mean big game by most small forwards standards then it would have been against the eagles. Prior to that his games against St Kilda and Freo were pretty good too.

Definitely been in a form slump since the Tigers game but still leads our goal kicking and goal assists for the season and rarely gets held to less than 10 touches. He stacks up okay against most small forwards in the comp still.

It's astounding to me that anyone thinks we could bring someone in from the reserves to do a better job.
I can find a better word than outstanding and it could start with d

The pile on here is like some of you want him gone , every player has down periods and he's not exempt . Might be getting used to playing without Buddy as the new forwards have different leading patterns . Against WC he took 8 marks which is more than any other Swan , On Friday night he had 8 score involvements , equal to Angus . Even Goodsey and other icons had down periods .

How many tackles he have?
leads the league in burnt team mates

i agree nuts to suggest dropping him, but he is not playing team footy . The score involvement stat is rubbish

I love how a team sitting in the bottom half can have so many great players no one can suggest should be looked at or should
improve 😂

How many tackles he have?
leads the league in burnt team mates

i agree nuts to suggest dropping him, but he is not playing team footy . The score involvement stat is rubbish

I love how a team sitting in the bottom half can have so many great players no one can suggest should be looked at or should
improve 😂
You've lost the plot

You've lost the plot

Lol if questioning papleys form and thinking he has been selfish on field is losing the plot the fine by me.

Seen you bag Haywards form a lot, they are similarly rated and ranked stats wise this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back