AFL Autopsy RND 19: Essington Rides Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow.

May I ask who you propose comes in to replace said fringe players?
Menzie, Baldwin, Tsatas, and Voss for starters. Maybe Montgomerie too. The result can't be worse than this but the last two weeks, we had a team full of blokes who didn't give a ****.

it think our football team is like this board- theres just not enough quality posters on the roster and there’s too many shitty posters trying to do too much
Which leaves the premium posters (who let's face it are B+ at best) to just dig too deep. They're exhausted and keep handballing to each other, racking up cheap stats.

If only we were a destination board..

This is kinda embarrassing. We were just discussing trading you to the Norf board because of the poor quality of your posts.
Well shit, I'd better up my quality!
Or else I'll be talking about the rivalry we have, big brother.

Our bottom 6 just isn't good enough. Too many passengers. We have a bunch of C and D-grade players that we need to turn into B-graders.

We need another key forward. We need a playmaker in defence. We need a crumbing small forward. We need to find better players than Kelly, Snelling, Heppell, Laverde and Stringer to fill their positions.
Unequivocally this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade a bunch for a new West Coast poster?
giphy-downsized_s.gif

Young side that is running out of puff up against a side that is hitting there straps and loading up weapons against things we suffer against significantly.

Surprised that we just 'gave up' as easily as we did. 10% in last two weeks to the AFL ladder. We could genuinely lose 4/5 and be bottom 6. Not ideal but let's see how we rebound

Stringer is cooked. He's a liability whenever he plays midfield and has barely fired a shot up forward all season. Occasionally plays a good game to remind us all of his talent then disappears again. Only kicked multiple goals in 3 games this year. Not good enough for a senior player. He was dreadful tonight.

Young side that is running out of puff up against a side that is hitting there straps and loading up weapons against things we suffer against significantly.

Surprised that we just 'gave up' as easily as we did. 10% in last two weeks to the AFL ladder. We could genuinely lose 4/5 and be bottom 6. Not ideal but let's see how we rebound
Not having a go but gee I've heard "young side running out of puff" or similar for at least a decade now.

Memo to coaches, run them into the ground this pre season and get them fit to run out a season!

Hobbs and Caldwell have really dropped off which is a real shame, was hoping they could keep running out the year well.

Merrett, had a shocking first half, he tried to lift in some moments. That pressure on the boundary line was inspiring stuff.

Hep.
It's time to start laying the groundwork for retirement game. Was constantly caught between contests tonight and was a real liability. He's there for his leadership and if that's the case he's also to blame for the poor direction of just chipping it around the backline. He isn't awful, but I'd rather be planning for the future and I don't want him playing out his career with poor form. Give him the runway so he can mentally prepare himself and give us a good final few games.

Parish.
He's probably staying so it's whatever.

Wright.
Needs to take the marks he gets his hands to, he has a one effort and if it doesn't stick he stops.
Club also needs to word up the umpires and then train him on how he's being played. People are running into him without even playing the ball.

We have lost Ridley now for most likely the year.
Draper is weeks away.

The goal now needs to shift. Tsatas, Davey, Baldwin all need to be in for at least a game before year ends.
Snelling and guelf need to be transitioned out of the side asap. They are good depth, but they cannot be best 22 if we want to improve.

Not having a go but gee I've heard "young side running out of puff" or similar for at least a decade now.

Memo to coaches, run them into the ground this pre season and get them fit to run out a season!
to be fair, we had 14 players with 100 games or less out there tonight. 6 with less than 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back