Autopsy Roast & toast vs Western Bulldogs and changes for round 22 vs St Kilda

BOG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d prefer they keep playing the kids and tell Jack and Cotchin to have their farewell game v North.
Surely both will finish up against Norf rather than in Adelaide.
99k Richmond fans @ the G
vs
Cheer squad@ Port.

it was enough that there is a draft system to build up struggling clubs, but no the afl had to double down with equalisation they take money off us and give it to the poor minnow clubs like the dogs and shemans

wtf

those types of clubs would never have won a flag without the afl corruption. the fighting tiger fund all went to minnow clubs so that they could break massive flag droughts

We were badly exposed by our lack of tall talent. The near contempt we’ve treated the draft with is coming back to roost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slim pickings from picks 16 onwards.Price of success.
Would you rather be Carl or Stk.Top 10 picks galore yet nothing to show for it.

The chaos game works well if you can contain the ball from contest to contest across the ground and then scoring once inside forward 50. The problem is we can't keep the ball in the contest, we seem incapable of preventing the ball from coming out and the opposition seem to have spare overlapping players on the outside all the time.

The other major issue is we simply don't have a functioning forward line, we just don't get it in forward 50 as often as we used to which means making the most of every entry, we don't have the converters who worry defences. Cameos from Bolton or Dusty occasionally keep us in games but otherwise the cupboard is pretty bare. No power forward without Lynch and Jack in his twilight years means we don't get too many what you would consider cheap goal opportunities. We just have to work so much harder for our goals than the better sides.
Great analysis mate.

The chaos game works well if you can contain the ball from contest to contest across the ground and then scoring once inside forward 50. The problem is we can't keep the ball in the contest, we seem incapable of preventing the ball from coming out and the opposition seem to have spare overlapping players on the outside all the time.

The other major issue is we simply don't have a functioning forward line, we just don't get it in forward 50 as often as we used to which means making the most of every entry, we don't have the converters who worry defences. Cameos from Bolton or Dusty occasionally keep us in games but otherwise the cupboard is pretty bare. No power forward without Lynch and Jack in his twilight years means we don't get too many what you would consider cheap goal opportunities. We just have to work so much harder for our goals than the better sides.
I have no idea how we're gonna play with a new gameplan with a new coach from 2024 onwards. we have the worst skills in the comp and can only play a chaos gameplan

could take a good 5-8 years to become a club that will challenge for top 4 again

Only positive for me last night and probably this whole year is Jack Ross. Bloke can play, has a cool head and can kick goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah he's gonna be a solid player. Sonsie is a huge disappointment this year. Kid looked like he could be a gun end of last season.
I still have hopes for Sonsie as he was great at the back end of 22, but has done nothing this year. 2023 has been a ****ing waste. I hate seasons like this

well i just dont see any of these candidates lining up to be the new prophet having what it takes,thnkfuq BG 's sticking around
retire cotch monday,give him a send off game and he suits up as an assistant @ bris or egirls next season n in '25 takes over the reigns
at Punt rd,cometh the messiah

I have no idea how we're gonna play with a new gameplan with a new coach from 2024 onwards. we have the worst skills in the comp and can only play a chaos gameplan

could take a good 5-8 years to become a club that will challenge for top 4 again
Better than 37.lol

Love that this board is full on melting. Last night, the effort was down in the first quarter and ALL of their talls were in form. That is near impossible for most clubs to have all of their tall forwards contributing well.

Seasons done and dusted so now we get to sit back and watch the development of the kids. Kind of a wasted year sure but we almost made finals with 1 tall forward on 1 leg for a majority of the year.

The forward line INs of Cumbo, Bauer, Coultard as a combo of Miller, Mansell Cotch, Dusty? Plus Nank. Miller had not been doing much, but Bauer was poor and Coulthard seemed a bit overwhelmed. 2 green players in the fwd line.

Plus Cumbo first game for a while, looked our most dangerous fwd. Someone has a stat for Cumberland's opponent having 5 scoring involvements + no Cumbo pressure effecting gifting the Dogs match winning goals.

On a hiding to nothing with those changes. With Nank rolling through there probably offered as much as Ryan has lately.

Matching Engish & Lobb was the cosideration with Soldo which they did in ruck terms. Lobbs goals were not from ruck play & English didn't really dominate. I remember Libba just ripping the ball out of one of our players hands in the middle of the ground, Treloar & Bont were huge.
Hopper & Bolton not great games. I guess Hopper is the easy change. Mansell for Coulthard. KPF Ruck depth Ryan?
Well that's a handy stat to have, might want to produce it as so far Cumberland killed Martin Luther, Elvis and Bambi.

5 scoring involvements is not that much by the way in a team that thumps another, Daniel Rioli averages 4 a game. And also it is very difficult to pinpoint who is on who half the time, love to know how you could work that stat out.

From the sidelines I saw Cumberland doing more defensive work than I have ever seen before. 4 tackles is good, did not see him walking or pretending to chase before, which I pointed out he didn't do after his 6 goal effort in the VFL, so I'm not blind to his game. Ripped the ball out of a contest that resulted in a goal, set up Bolton who missed etc.

Back