Autopsy Roast & toast vs Western Bulldogs and changes for round 22 vs St Kilda

BOG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This annoys me to. Why didn't they force Tarrant out and take a speculative pick on a key forward in the lower leagues. Maybe we could have got unbelievably lucky and found a decent kid like Tyler Young. Keeping Tarrant was an
absolute certainty to go nowhere.
We thought we were one last shot at a flag.
Blame Dimma.

Jack and Cotchin are delusional if they believe they should go on and forcing a new coach to do the dirty work of axing them is not how their careers should end.
Completely agree. The two of them continuing simply stops the important development of two younger players. That's already been compromised by the match committee's unwillingness to drop underperforming senior players. Not just this year but last year too.

And it won't happen this week either. Who in here thinks that any of McIntosh, Graham or Pickett will be dropped for the Saints game? Yep, that's what I thought: none of them! Grimes, Cotchin and Martin will all come back, with Martin the only one who should come back in, and with Hopper out with the concussion the other two omissions will be two of Banks, Coulthard or Bauer.

I'd rest Jack next week and have his farewell game along with Cotch against Norf.
On either side of that i'd bring in both Ryan & Bradke
FWD line consisting of those 2 plus Bauer.
IN: Dusty/Bradke/Ryan & Brown
Out:Jack/Soldo/Kmac & Hopper
Excellent changes. Pity it won't happen.

We thought we were one last shot at a flag.
Blame Dimma.
Dimma has left this team in tatters the fabric of the club was broken in the hub on the Gold Coast even though we won the flag the damage had been done then he goes and throws away 2 x 1st rounders for hopper taranto is a great get but hopper he is just another plodder like jack graham we need a strong minded head coach with his own game plan and makes hard decisions on players if you don’t perform you don’t play Josh carr was a tough player and he tagged as well he would be perfect fit at Richmond and he brings his own assistants

Another problem I can see is if Grimes continues near season - and we did stupidly song him for next year after showing all the signs last year that he's almost done - then what happens with either Gibcus or Brown? Where do they play? Grimes, Balta, Vlastuin, Young, Rioli, Short...can't see a spot unless Grimes gets tapped on the shoulder.

Or maybe he does what Dave Astbury did and know when his time is up before he needs to be told.

Dimma has left this team in tatters the fabric of the club was broken in the hub on the Gold Coast even though we won the flag the damage had been done then he goes and throws away 2 x 1st rounders for hopper taranto is a great get but hopper he is just another plodder like jack graham we need a strong minded head coach with his own game plan and makes hard decisions on players if you don’t perform you don’t play Josh carr was a tough player and he tagged as well he would be perfect fit at Richmond and he brings his own assistants
Corey Enright is another candidate who could be the man. Fresh eyes and has come from another successful club. Plus he was a defender and they almost always seem to be the best coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't think of many clubs that's best 2 top Richo and Bowden. Raines never should've left. Rhett Bartlett's handy off the field..... Lol at least it's better than our NGA which we've probably pumped $1mil into for the sum total of 1 good game out of Eggmessy Smith.
Meanwhile the dogs get JUH and there's is probably funded by the government. 🤦‍♂️

Changes obviously needed down back but I think we ice Grimes for the week, he’s an old warrior, let him get a proper turnaround for the Jack/Cotch farewell in Round 23. Ditto Graham, I think he needs a deep+meaningful about what his role is because the way his career is going, he’s not at the club beyond the end of his contract (2024).

Not a first choice mid, not quick enough as a half forward. Baker for me replaces him in the guts rotation / half forward swing.

Got to get a good mix of old guard who can lead the kids, and new guard who can take over the job, for the rest of the season. If we go full tank we will further ruin the confidence of the Cumberlands of the world. Let’s show up at the very least.

Brown and Trezise come in, they’ve been very good down back this season and our defence has been poor the last two weeks. They deserve a run.

Would bring back Ryan with Dusty and Cotch, Soldo for me offers nothing as a second ruck and should only play #1 spot. There’s every chance he has played his last game at Tigerland.

Bauer and Cumberland impressed for mine, we were killed by Liam Jones et al and our midfield was smashed, but they kept presenting, leaping and showed some good signs. Issues for those boys was delivery, confidence (esp. Cumberland) and experience. They will get there.

I have loved him for a long time but KMac is no longer best 22, give Ross his spot and let Pickett back on the wing.

In: Trezise (debut), Brown (debut), Ryan, Martin, Cotchin, Clarke (sub)
Out: Rioli (ankle, no point risking it now), Hopper (concussion), McIntosh (omitted), Soldo (omitted), Graham (omitted), Mansell (sub)

Vlastuin Young Broad
Short Balta Trezise

Ross Prestia Pickett
Nankervis Taranto Bolton

Martin Bauer Baker
Coulthard Riewoldt Cumberland

Banks Cotchin Brown Ryan

Sub: Clarke

Our midfield isn't the problem.
Our fwd line without Lynch is the issue.
Yes Lynch out is a biggie, we needed to keep cumbo in and groom him to play instead of stuffing him around, now he needs a mental reset.
The truth is we are compromised from the backline to the forward line, our younger players still learning and older and experienced players are getting past it a little. This is because we didn't develop our young guys when we shouldve rested cotchin and edwards back in the day, now we are behind in development.

I hope you don't die with him....I hope he and you both get to see another flag together...
Oh that’s a typo 🤦‍♂️ I didn’t mean die with him , I mean hope to watch another flag with him which he will remember us together before I die . Not that I’m dying now , just getting to become an old campaigner 😂

Another problem I can see is if Grimes continues near season - and we did stupidly song him for next year after showing all the signs last year that he's almost done - then what happens with either Gibcus or Brown? Where do they play? Grimes, Balta, Vlastuin, Young, Rioli, Short...can't see a spot unless Grimes gets tapped on the shoulder.

Or maybe he does what Dave Astbury did and know when his time is up before he needs to be told.
Grimesy my favourite player and it's killing me watching his rapid decline. I think he will know next year when to make the call on himself like Dave Astbury did and go out with dignity.

Yes Lynch out is a biggie, we needed to keep cumbo in and groom him to play instead of stuffing him around, now he needs a mental reset.
The truth is we are compromised from the backline to the forward line, our younger players still learning and older and experienced players are getting past it a little. This is because we didn't develop our young guys when we shouldve rested cotchin and edwards back in the day, now we are behind in development.
21 & 22 we didn't quiet Bank games too rest our stars.Bit like on gameday we seem to be the only team that don't demolish a side early on and cruise in the 2nd half.
21/22 seemed that way.

You watch the Saints spud it up and get done by Blues tomorrow then come out next week at Marvel and thrash us. Nothing surer. 🤪
yeah we are no chance if they loose

if they win we are a sure thing

Back