Autopsy Cats lose by 8 points to Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont take this the wrong but i'd hate to playing with a lot you guys with that loser attitude.

Pull your head in. It's not a 'loser attitude' to say we've had an incredible run for the last 17 seasons, and now we're looking like we're at the end of it...after making 6 Grand Finals, winning 4 flags, and making Finals 15 out of the the last 16 seasons, and maybe not this season.

You are exactly the sort of supporter I'm talking about when I refer to 'spoilt children' on this forum.

Anyone else get the feeling that Stewart is angry with the world right now, he has been all over the place of late making mistakes etc and he's a lot more animated towards teammates, he just looks unhappy.

Yeah, reckon there's some non-football things going on there.

It's the consistency that is the question. Is it lacking due to the lingering total effect that our injuries have had on the list? Or is it purely due to age.
We seem to have a couple of good quarters in us each game, then two bad ones that include one horror 15-20 min patch in there.

That inconsistency pattern is in itself consistent.

The domino effect from poor pre season and masses of injuries hasn't helped. We struggle for intensity whenever Rohan is missing. We need the extra contesting from Blicavs and Hawkins. We require Guthrie to share the load in that midfield.

If everything goes right from here, who knows. But things are rarely going right this season.

Of the young guys ollie, bruhn and Neale are gonna make it.
Holmes will definitely make it. He's struggling a bit and had a stinker tonight but even tonight he had a few special moments. He'll be the best of the lot.

I'm not convinced on Neale but think he's definitely a ruck more than a forward. Maybe even a Blicavs type tall winger in time because his work below his knees and follow up at ground level is clearly his best asset.

I'm not a professional football player. I hope he gets back to his best but I don't like his carefree attitude. Being a key defender is a hard position. He needs to play that way every week - hard, tough and uncompromising.
Carefree attitude? Do you know him personally or are you just judging by his face?

Lost by points to the flag fans.

It only takes afew players to have off games or players to take their chances.

Holmes was off.
Mires poor game vs pie speedy HBs.

Tanner poor first half.tries hard.

Stegs down on last year's form.
Seems to miss eddie guidance.

Some inj to key players.

I would of liked a tag on Josh D and man up their uncontested marks out of the D50.

Take those chances Neale and parf what ever that was..

What game were you watching, we won the midfield battle, it was stupid turnovers that killed us.

View attachment 1771405
The turnovers were bad but clearly they had the numbers around the ball in the middle

Still 8 points loss to the ladder leading team is hardly something to call for the coach to publically vent and berate the team over

8 points loss despite being slaughtered in the middle …it isn’t that dramatic for a vent imo

Atkins (8), Dangerfield (9) and Bruhn (7) combined for 24 clearances tonight. Our midfield wasn't slaughtered.

It's gonna be hard for him to be too angry when we lost to the flag favourites by 8 points. 80 points maybe, but 8 points..."OH I'M SO FURIOUS, WE WERE TERRIBLE, NEVER HAD A HOPE AND SHOULD TAKE OUR PLAYERS OUT THE BACK AND PLAY RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH THEM TO SHOW THEM WE'RE SERIOUS"

Yeah, nah.

A simple “ The effort wasn’t there for the full game and some players on our team need to take a long hard look at themselves” would do it.

It's gonna be hard for him to be too angry when we lost to the flag favourites by 8 points. 80 points maybe, but 8 points..."OH I'M SO FURIOUS, WE WERE TERRIBLE, NEVER HAD A HOPE AND SHOULD TAKE OUR PLAYERS OUT THE BACK AND PLAY RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH THEM TO SHOW THEM WE'RE SERIOUS"

Yeah, nah.
I get what your saying but id just like to see him agitated for once, he's too cool for school, fire up Scotty thats all im asking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People say Neale is a forward who rucks a bit. Like hell he is. He's a centre bounce ruckman. End of. I saw some distinctly Mumford-like crash and bash there, and it coincided with us getting back into the game in the last 1/4. Until we get Blicavs back he's our second ruckman. No more of this JHenry or Chuckie nonsense.

The crash and bash was FANTASTIC. You'd never get that from Stanley in a million years.

I'd give him a run in the ruck from next year. Sure, Stanley wins taps but he does sweet FA elsewhere. He tries to kick it over the barn whenever he kicks it (which is rare enough anyway), and has zero hunger.

Saints play Brisbane at the Gabba in the last round. We win the next 2, we'll leapfrog them.

GWS have Port Adelaide in Adelaide this week and then Carlton in the last round. No certainty to win either of those either.

None of that matters if we can't win both of our games though.

We will leapfrog the saints they are cooked and we will get them next week.

Pull your head in. It's not a 'loser attitude' to say we've had an incredible run for the last 17 seasons, and now we're looking like we're at the end of it...after making 6 Grand Finals, winning 4 flags, and making Finals 15 out of the the last 16 seasons, and maybe not this season.

You are exactly the sort of supporter I'm talking about when I refer to 'spoilt children' on this forum.
you have managed to misinterpret everything i said and spin it in your own way...by the way i agree

Atkins (8), Dangerfield (9) and Bruhn (7) combined for 24 clearances tonight. Our midfield wasn't slaughtered.

Those 3 were immense in the middle. Lowered their colours other weeks, but tonight they shone. Blame falls squarely on some of our forwards and most of our defence tonight.

They showed their quality tonight but end of the day, St Kilda might play finals and we may miss.

That is shameful given what we are capable of.

Agree with this completely.

I actually think we're getting off lightly in the media at the moment for our drop-off. For a premiership-winning team to not only slide out of the top four the season afterwards, but completely out of finals altogether, is a rare occurrence, and under normal circumstances would be treated by the media as a catastrophic failure. However, because pretty much everyone in the media and the general public is bored of us being up near the top of the ladder, they all think we're overdue for this to happen, so in a weird way that's causing them to let us off the hook. The reaction is more "meh, they had a good run" rather than "holy shit, the same group of players that won a Grand Final by 80+ points less than 12 months ago is about to miss finals altogether."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back