List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I guarantee he would have improved his testing after his stint if he went to combine

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up top 5 endurance if he went to combine.

Also that's a years old it's not fair to judge that.

Endurance is the easiest thing to train for new recruit

"Endurance is the easiest thing to train for new recruit"

Not really. You either have aerobic endurance or you don't. Most of that is developed in the early teens years.
By the time you're playing at the level potential draftees are playing at you're endurance should be close to what it will be for your whole career.

You don't go from 7.30 to 6.10 in a 2km. You might go from 7.30 to 6.50 but you can't go from average to elite.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

As Eastern Ranges put it, Dev doesn't want the opportunity and that says all we need to know.
Nah the young lion players have a really good thing going on even guys like prior who is basically playing vfl at this stage wants to stay .

Dev chose staying with his mate and potentially playing in another GF but potentially playing vfl over money and game security.

Good on him but he must realise the same opportunity may not be there in 2 years

I don’t agree he would have tested top 5 for endurance at the combine.

But I do agree that endurance improvement as a % from u18 level is one of the easier items to train/rectify.

Would Reid be capable of becoming our best runner? Probably not. But can he get to AFL standard fitness (and does the fact that there is an obvious area of immediate improvement there make him an even more tantalising prospect) - absolutely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At lunch at the combine.

It is a major issue. As at AFL standard fitness he won't be able to shake a tag if he's good enough to attract one and he doesn't have Dusty, Petracca or De Goey's explosive take away speed.

People on here see Reid as a future top 10 in the league player and expect him to become one with using pick 1 on him. If you can't break a tag you are never going to be that player.

His fitness against U18's is the large part of his transition issue and why he is either good one on one in F50, D50 or at centre bounce downs but fails to rack up big numbers and impose across a whole game. Fitness against a single U18 group vs fitness against a matured AFL side is a huge jump.

The dogs all but certain to get pick 4 which will leave North with 2,(3*),14,19(20*) the bracketed asterisk is the compo pick. Lets say North end up with pick 3. I would want 2,14,19 and both of their future end of first round picks for 1,39 and our future second and third. Sure one of those extra end of firsts doesn't move the metre much because of the future second we give up however as priority picks they will come in before any compensation picks to push out our second so are a guaranteed 19,20 next year.

2,14,19,21,34 this year (McKercher as pick 2)
2,19,20 next year. (next year is when I would look to trade our future first forward and start going very hard at free agents)

We throw the hawks a bone and give them both 53&58 for brockman. The club won't use both picks, it's more than fair and the points will be very useful to the hawks.

North go to the draft this year with 1,3, a rookie upgrade and their traded in players (39,40,52)
North go to the draft next year with 1,21,22,40,41 next year.

Next round of interviews coming up, enjoy your day everyone.

So when we had Yeo, Shuey and Sheed being the main mids in 2018 we didn't need Redden and the other mids playing important roles?

It takes well equipped and dedicated role players to help make the best mids the best. Just t ask Judd about Rohan Jones.

And that's exactly what Robertson is. Teams always need these types as they don't cost top picks or huge salaries but do a job.
I'm not doubting his value to us now (somewhat limited but still valuable), but I think he will be well off our radar in 2 years time.
In addition to those 4, I can also see Long, Chesser (dare I say it, Redden replacement?) and Hough being able to rotate through there. Plus Kelly will still be about, Petro possibly and I would hope we have another 1-3 draftee mids developing in there. I dont think we will be looking to recruit a role mid like Dev by then, but could look to bring in a gun mid with some cap space (no idea who but be looking for class). Time will tell I guess, but I just dont see us making another play for him.

We currently are screaming for an A grade mid but the media all think we should go for another tall defender....

Or we could trade down pick up McKercher and O'Sullivan ....... and do both. :shrug:

Given we were supposedly keen on Broad earlier this year who is around the same age, I wouldn’t be opposed to Haynes for a couple of years. I like him a lot.

More than likely will look to finish with a flag, he’d be best off just moving down the road to the swans.
Haynes has 1.2 million outstanding for 1year on his contract and wants that and another year of contract at a lower salary .
GWS pick 15 which will end up 20-21 would need to be on the table for a 1.2mil salary dump

Haynes has 1.2 million outstanding for 1year on his contract and wants that and another year of contract at a lower salary .
GWS pick 15 which will end up 20-21 would need to be on the table for a 1.2mil salary dump
Perfect time to take on such a contract before our yoof start getting negotiating higher salaries.

as priority picks they will come in before any compensation picks to push out our second so are a guaranteed 19,20 next year.
These would still be pushed out by band 1 compensation picks though right? So depending on academies, F/S, band 1s they could push out a bit.

Still better than a second rounder rorting like this year but not 19/20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At lunch at the combine.

It is a major issue. As at AFL standard fitness he won't be able to shake a tag if he's good enough to attract one and he doesn't have Dusty, Petracca or De Goey's explosive take away speed.

People on here see Reid as a future top 10 in the league player and expect him to become one with using pick 1 on him. If you can't break a tag you are never going to be that player.

His fitness against U18's is the large part of his transition issue and why he is either good one on one in F50, D50 or at centre bounce downs but fails to rack up big numbers and impose across a whole game. Fitness against a single U18 group vs fitness against a matured AFL side is a huge jump.

The dogs all but certain to get pick 4 which will leave North with 2,(3*),14,19(20*) the bracketed asterisk is the compo pick. Lets say North end up with pick 3. I would want 2,14,19 and both of their future end of first round picks for 1,39 and our future second and third. Sure one of those extra end of firsts doesn't move the metre much because of the future second we give up however as priority picks they will come in before any compensation picks to push out our second so are a guaranteed 19,20 next year.

2,19,20 next year. (next year is when I would look to trade our future first forward and start going very hard at free agents)

We throw the hawks a bone and give them both 53&58 for brockman. The club won't use both picks, it's more than fair and the points will be very useful to the hawks.

North go to the draft this year with 1,3, a rookie upgrade and their traded in players (39,40,52)

So......you're working for the Roos?

Logan Morris - I'll talk about him again. Sure, he's no giant and is around Jack Darling height (191-192 currently). already 90kgs.
Look at these hands, good body work and seems to have a good football brain.
Nice kick too...I think he'll be a B22 minimum and ceiling well. (He does a lot of Curnow type things)

Please have a look peeps

At lunch at the combine.

Why are teams so desperate to throw the kitchen sink and their first borns for Reid if his fitness is blah blah blah ..

Endurance is very overrated. Ginbey who have elite endurance but barely touch the ball (could provide a better example)

There are many endurance elite players that can't touch the ball if their lives depended on it. It's running patterns and how you use your endurance that matters

Why are teams so desperate to throw the kitchen sink and their first borns for Reid if his fitness is blah blah blah ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back