List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Externally I think letting a club legend like Goldstein go is odd, unless he wasn’t happy playing second fiddle to new bloke (Xerri? Is that how it’s spelt?) is odd, but I suppose I’m also a fan of a club who hasn’t been nearly efficient enough of making tough calls about aging declining players so I can’t be too critical. Naitanui being one obvious example.
Odd like Dermott Brereton playing for Collingwood, or Mick McGuane playing for Carlton? Or more odd like Jim Krakouer playing at Saints, Luke Hodge at Brisbane, Chapman to Essendon, or Lake to Hawks. What about Chris Tarrent to Collingwood, Mick Martyn to Carlton, Winmar to Dogs, and even Doug Hawkins playing at Fitzroy. Just how odd exactly?

Just because we are looking to move up doesn’t mean it is to add to a Pick 1 trade…I think we won’t go hard for it based on the past offer and trades, we are not the north of old re trades and picks (or at least I hope that’s the case)…Gut feel is trade two late teens for a top 10 to take to the draft, keeping one late teen and Pick 2 for a crack at Pick 1…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
it's one of two things -
1) west coast have said we need pick 2 + a top 10 pick. which signifies that we really want reid. so we'd end up with 1, 3 and whichever one between 15-20 we retain.
2) we want 3 picks in the top 10 - have someone we want who's projected to go at around pick 8.

think most fans would prefer option 2 to option 1.

He was a massive twat as player, huge tickets on himself.
very much a beneficiary of playing in a super side as well. was absolutely one of the weaker links there made to look better because of the calibre of players around him.

and yep an absolute knob on the field who thought he was the worlds best sledger.

The deals today mean Port Adelaide currently has ZERO picks left in the first five rounds of this year's draft.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

very much a beneficiary of playing in a super side as well. was absolutely one of the weaker links there made to look better because of the calibre of players around him.

and yep an absolute knob on the field who thought he was the worlds best sledger.
I actually thought he wasn't a bad player, but he was a massive sledger, I rememeber that vividly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to him? And to think we were linked to him pre draft but took WilPhil instead
Tough midfield to break into. Unlike ours until now.

It's disappointing that all these deals are getting done with other clubs for cheap picks, whereas we have the better picks but aren't doing any deals.

Yeah fair enough. Neither of us really know. Football clubs are funny joints. Most want to re-create history and just like supporters they see certain traits in players.
Judd a being one of your finest players in history, I would think, he was ridiculously good.
Then you've got Matera from 1994 times, who was also that explosive inside to outside player.
I dunno, McKercher looks like that type to me, I really hope we end up with him, but I could see West Coast thinking he could be an all time great, playing like the above two players.
I know I look at MCKercher and don't think Judd, I think Wayne Schwass. A bloke who rips the ball out of the contest and bursts off. Schwatta a little more aerial than Colby though.
I just think there's more to what everyone says.
I don’t disagree with you.
Odd like Dermott Brereton playing for Collingwood, or Mick McGuane playing for Carlton? Or more odd like Jim Krakouer playing at Saints, Luke Hodge at Brisbane, Chapman to Essendon, or Lake to Hawks. What about Chris Tarrent to Collingwood, Mick Martyn to Carlton, Winmar to Dogs, and even Doug Hawkins playing at Fitzroy. Just how odd exactly?
Odd like Ginnivan playing in a GF and being out the door three weeks later.

Actually nah that’s way stranger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back