Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on the roll we want him to play. If he can tackle and can play as that small pressure forward we don't need him to run as much as someone like Scott for example
Yeah nah. Pretty much all your forwards need to cover territory, that is what team defence is all about. AFL is a run and execute game. Run, Run, Run!

Harvey just knows how to kick goals , even when he’s having a quiet game.
I’d play him before sleevo
Sleevo's position is the hardest to play in the game, more so in a weak team. Most ex AFL players will confirm that. He has had a pretty tough time here with some average coaching until now. He was ok last year considering the foward movement was not great most of the time. We badly need lead up fowards and he showed in one of the the Wet Toast games what he can do when the mids dominate. If Durs (i'm calling him Zane Carey in foward arrogance attitude) can come on early it's going to make it easier for him. Harvey could make it as has the body, attitude and skills but will need to accept that he will be in the VFL for a few years to develop. The competition for a foward role will be fun to watch the next few years. Any foward hoping to make it will be looking at our midfield and thinking jeez these guys are going to give me a few extra years in the AFL, i need to be there for it.

It's gone way over the top and it's very cringe considering he is co-captain. If his piers and coaches have reappointed him co-captain again, then maybe his on field performances aren't as putrid as the experts on bigfooty think?

Maybe wait and see how he performs in a backline which isn't being pummeled every week before we start the pile on?
So are you saying we have to wait for our captain to be in a good team before he can be judged? probably not ideal as a leader to have if that’s the case.

So are you saying we have to wait for our captain to be in a good team before he can be judged? probably not ideal as a leader to have if that’s the case.
Its is always harder defending in a poor team is all I was insinuating. Sure you can judge him, I thought he had a poor year too, but the belittling has reached an offensive level IMO.

I will continue to keep faith that our players and Clarko know a little more about footy than bigfooty posters who revel in whipping their whipping boy.

Is he your whipping boy too?

Mitch Cleary reporting on Twitter that Zac Fisher injured his hamstring in the match sim, fortunately it's one of the few areas that we have a lot of cover Sheezel, McKercher, Bergman, Goater, Hardeman plus McDonald when back to full fitness. And whilst that's obviously disappointing for Zac hopefully it's nothing major and he's back in a few weeks.

Its is always harder defending in a poor team is all I was insinuating. Sure you can judge him, I thought he had a poor year too, but the belittling has reached an offensive level IMO.

I will continue to keep faith that our players and Clarko know a little more about footy than bigfooty posters who revel in whipping their whipping boy.

Is he your whipping boy too?
The problem is with all the shiny new toys I am fast running out of people to be whipping boys 😂 . don’t worry I will turn on Jy also come Round 5 when we are 0-5.

Cooper highlights looked impressive

Robbie in the last slide showing the zip and class by foot he’s been showing this pre season. He’s a completely different player to last season. Will get opportunities to cement himself this year imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's gone way over the top and it's very cringe considering he is co-captain. If his piers and coaches have reappointed him co-captain again, then maybe his on field performances aren't as putrid as the experts on bigfooty think?

Maybe wait and see how he performs in a backline which isn't being pummeled every week before we start the pile on?
It's cringe that he is a co-captain of our club. It's genuinely embarrassing

Robbie in the last slide showing the zip and class by foot he’s been showing this pre season. He’s a completely different player to last season. Will get opportunities to cement himself this year imo.
He was certainly a bit of an eyebrow raiser today. Looks like he's matured quite a bit physically. Did some really classy things.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I mentioned on Zane's thread that the kid has to play round one. He is a freak and can impact games the same way that we expected Sheezel to this time last year. We need to kick big scores because our defence will be shite.

Who needs Tarryn Thomas when we’ve got ‘big game Zane’! Will be a gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corr, Taylor, LMac, Shiels, Logue, Goad, Thomas, Comben, George, Archer, Ford, Zurhaar and Free
Thomas has groin issues as well as his current need for a low profile. Kevin's injury report updates us on many of the above players. What's the news on Curtis Taylor, Shiels, Goad, Comben, Zurhaar and Free?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back