Autopsy Sydney defeat Thugden by 30pts

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree on both counts for Wright’s and Draper’s in game efforts.

I’m very dubious Draper will ever be an AA. I’d question it seriously in fact. He’s not a serious footballer imo. He’s a gimmicky player - his remarkable athleticism is spectacular to watch on a highlight reel and he can kick goal of the year contenders but he’s never, to me, shown the consistent application and play of a top of the line ruck. He’s never shown he can tap the ball consistently like Naitanui or grind through a game with grit all over the ground like Grundy or dominate a game in the air like Gawn. Essendon can have him and spend his career hoping it’s all going to click and they’ll never stop thinking he’s a preseason away.
Appreciate your point of view. I guess we will only know in about 5 years, so one of us will be right

I remember us mauling Daicos every chance we got. I wasn't really a fan of it but nothing suspendible came out of it. Nothing suspendible came out of tonight, except the Wright hit on Cunningham, which felt more clumsy than a deliberate attempt to hurt one of our players.

I guess it depends on where one's line of 'acceptable' is. I didn't see anything that I hadn't seen a hundred other times at least in footy games, so nothing felt unacceptable to me. But again, I'm not saying I know, just what it appeared to me, so if there are examples anyone has I'd be keen to see them. I hate Essendon anyway.

Take the Imodium before the game that should help😉 🤣 umps were against us, Grundy came good, Errol oh my lord, what an amazing footy brain for someone so young, so glad he’s our boy. Paps was great, Heeney was a work horse. The big thing was even with all of the argy Bargy - the boys didn’t lose their bundle. Very happy that we have scored the highest score of the season (well thus far!)
The beverages served in the South Goulburn grandstand last night were outstanding!!

Grundy set the tone first bounce 3rd quarter imo too, Longmire must have sent him out on a mission

Heeney just doing his thing again. Gulden consistent and that left boot OMG! Warner despite a poor start did not continue working. Same could be said about Grundy. Liked McLean’s game last night too. Melican and Rampe the generals down back. McCartin and Lloyd I thought had pretty ordinary games.

Essendon supporters are deadset taking over from Collingwood supporters as the biggest *******s in the game. Trying to justify the thuggish actions and making it sound like the AFL are picking on them if Wright gets suspended. Then the rest of the leagues supporters bitching that Papley calls the Essendon bullshit out when they usually complain there is not enough personality in the game.
Yep some absolute d’head bombers fans behind me last night… was awesome giving it back to them as we got on top of them in Q3 and early Q4, and even better waving them goodbye when they left early 👋👋😂

Bombers will end up bottom four if they continue to play 'tough' just through suspensions. Wright I think will get 3 weeks with an early plea. That's one of their best attacking threats gone.
If Scott thinks thug ball is the answer then he is showing the limitations of his coaching , apart from the risk of suspensions the amount of effort expended in going the niggle will start to come in to play and they will fade in games.

Absolute chaos at the pub after it in Sydney, dons fans trying to be tough of the felid to

w***ers
I'm honestly surprised there wasn't more happening at the ground. Things got very tense. But could possibly mean we as fans are smart enough to wait until we get outside so we don't get banned from the SCG :tongueoutv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition mids when they find out James Rowbottom's been sent to them for the game:

giphy-downsized.gif

Horse when the opposition mid he sent James Rowbottom to is nearly BOG every damn time:

IMG_4986.jpeg

I do agree with you Punts , Grundy was ordinary first half. I did feel though he changed at half time and approached the centre bounces differently.

Grundy needs to stop giving away as many frees as he does, taking in the previous two games as well reaching ridiculous levels last night. I say this because if Ladhams can get called out for his lack of discipline, Grundy needs to get called out on this too.

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't more happening at the ground. Things got very tense. But could possibly mean we as fans are smart enough to wait until we get outside so we don't get banned from the SCG :tongueoutv1:

tell them to meet me outside

I do agree with you Punts , Grundy was ordinary first half. I did feel though he changed at half time and approached the centre bounces differently.

Grundy needs to stop giving away as many frees as he does, taking in the previous two games as well reaching ridiculous levels last night. I say this because if Ladhams can get called out for his lack of discipline, Grundy needs to get called out on this too.
To be honest I think McLean was sent in for abit for dragged Grundy. It was a disappointing display from Grundy imo.

Good honest win last night… we were tested for 2.5 quarters but grinded/toughed it out and came over the top of them. No where near our best but comfortable 5 goal win is a good sign. Our stars stood up when they needed to and then an even spread of contributers from pretty much the whole team. Hate to say it but Lloyd at most risk to stay in the team later on, and young Corey had a stinker, but will be better for the experience.
Bring on the Tigers next week.

PS. Young guy next to me had a 9-legger for $6k payout (he showed me his Sportsbet screen), and with over 3 mins to go, he just needed Errol to get one more touch to hit paydirt. There were plays where Errol was gut running 100 metres and was open to receive a handball or kick like about 5 times, but he never received it… he then got a contested ball in the middle but just couldn’t squeeze out a disposal as he got slammed into the ground and got a HTB against him. This guy was initially shattered as the siren went off (and Errol left stranded on 24 touches) but in true Bloods spirit, stood up to sing the song in full voice! 👏🙌❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back