Preview Round 6, 2024: North v Hawks, 4pm 21st April, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's our tackling / boxing coach going through the drills. It has happened every training session since pre season
Ok i should there has been an added focus since pre season. We have been doing those wrestling drills on off through pre season

Morrison should be playing every week in my opinion. He offers positional stability. This side desperately needs some 'set and forget' options at the moment.

Quite incredibly, aside from Frost there aren't too many players this season who have maintained a straight line of consistency and reliability.
Morrison will also give you leadership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would. Especially if the HFC is serious about making players accountable.
I mean why wouldn't we make changes after giving some more than ample opportunity to pull the finger out.
Your post is contradictory.

Geez, omitting Newk would be a huge surprise and a big statement by the selectors. IMO Nash, Butler, Macdonald, Ward and McKenzie, all ahead of Newk in the omission queue.
Unless he's injured, Newc won't be omitted. Despite his form, he still has the capacity to turn the game on it's head. The others do not. It would be a fatal mistake to drop him.

Last edited:
Morrison should be playing every week in my opinion. He offers positional stability. This side desperately needs some 'set and forget' options at the moment.

Quite incredibly, aside from Frost there aren't too many players this season who have maintained a straight line of consistency and reliability.
Agree. For all the criticism of Morrison being vanilla we know what output we will get and effort. Vanilla is better than some of the s**t dishes out last week

I just had a look through our first 10 rounds last year. Hoo boy, there were some stinkers there.

Some of the key (cosmetic) differences however, we played (and beat) North in round three, so we had a win on the board early, and we absolutely smashed the Eagles in round 10 by 100+ points.

We had some terrible results in between however. Essendon in round one (59 point loss), Sydney in round two (81 point loss), Geelong in round four (82 point loss), Fremantle in round 8 (69 point loss), and Melbourne in round nine (54 point loss).

There were some good results scattered in between, and if not for a Himmelberg mark in round five and a Fogerty goal from the boundary in round six, we could have snuck a few more wins.

I appreciate that it's not all about the scoreline, but the manner in which we're playing, but compared to last year, we HAVE made improvement.

It's never as good or as bad as it seems....

FWIW ... Channel 9 just reported that Lewis will miss another week with his bloody knee. I acknowledge that the club said he'll be tested on Friday though.
No surprise. That's fine. Get him ready for a massive game at the MCG against Sydney.

I think we'll make four changes at a minimum. Sam's backed the lads in until now but they need a big wake up call

Not sure we even have 4 players to bring in.

Gunston, Serong, Morrison, and ???. I can definitely see 1-3 changes, and if Lewis gets up it could be 4 but that is looking unlikely.

The wake up call was probably a rough review and training today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back